Topic: Digital Copy Disc

There's nothing that's been pissing me off recently more than the 'Digital Copy' as a second or even third disc depending on the film you buy.  All the special features are put onto the first disc, yet I still have to pay $25-$30 for a single disc edition only because there's a second disc with a digital copy that I'll never use....and that expires within a few months of it's release.

Is anyone else annoyed by this whole "Digital Copy Disc" thing?  To me it's the biggest piece of crud as I rather not shell out extra money for it. 

Is anyone else annoyed by the 'Digital Copy Disc' besides me?

Re: Digital Copy Disc

I buy only Blu Ray so that's standard with virtually every one but I can't say it pisses me off.  I give them to my brother or my best friend who use them on their laptops or ipods when they are at school or on vacation.  Before they took advantage of that, it was just sitting around doing nothing.  It's a good idea but it should just come with a code to download it from a website than an actual disc.  That would save money.

What pissed me off was buying those Asian horror or martial art movies with two discs only to learn the shit coulda basically been put on the one disc. Obviously making one think there was MORE to the film than there actually was.

I didn't know that Digital Copies expired. But who cares? I'll wait for SD-like cards THAT DON'T SCRATCH! before I move to a newer format. Maybe. This trend of only releasing bonus material on Blu-ray sucks. hmm

Yeah, it also pisses me off. I just don't buy them anymore.

Hate it.  If I want to put it on my ipod, I will download it or rip it from the DVD.  it's the biggest waste of money.

Its so F-ing stupid. First off i never use my ipod, or another mp3 I've had for movies. I bought the dvd so i can watch it on a dvd player. Its a waste, i often get the 2 disc editions for features.

It is a waste of money.  I miss the days when the digital copy was on the actual DVD, you just had to pop it in your computer and type in the code provided to load it onto your PC instead of a whole seperate disc.  what a waste