Topic: Hatchet

i can't wait to see this film, does n e 1 know any release dates for cinemas or dvd?

Re: Hatchet

I have no idea.. I have been waiting for this movie since the intial announcement way back at last years Comic Con. All I know is that right now it is working the festival circuit.. Which might mean it could get a very small theatrical run or just go straight to DVD..

oh....i think i seen and read up on this one.... is the tag-line something like....."this is not a re-make this part two and this is not a j-film" and i think i read that they try'd and did make it "R" thats what horror need more "R's" F*ck PG anything.....give me blood.............

It comes out Sept 7th in theatres

[terrorfeed]http://www.terrorfeed.com/index.php?id= … -Trailer-3[/terrorfeed]

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-08-23 12:33:52)

YEAH!!!! thats the movie...cant wait...i go on wikipedia sometimes and look up "list of horror films" and a BIG list pops up and than i looked up... up coming horror movies and i ran upon that one.......looks good, i think we need to bring back a good slasher film.... it's really over due

this one really looks good smile

Yea it is. I just got to see a screening in Toronto. You guys will love this film if you like a little comedy mixed with your horror..

My review: http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_reviews_2683.htm

Nice review goon.  Sounds a lot like my experience with The Tripper.  Good stuff.

Eh. Hopefully, it's better than "See No Evil". It needs the punch of "Feast" to stand above the typical slasher flick.

it's not coming out untill 28 September 2007 in UK sad

why can't it be out on the same day! mad

Last edited by BASSI (2007-09-05 16:52:35)

looks awesome!!

Understatement.  Looks fucking awesome!  big_smile

I hope its playing at the main cinemas in the UK, does any 1 know if it is?

I'm not sure about that.  Maybe some of our other UK friends will know the answer.  As for me, I just hope to god it's playing near me.  If it is, tomorrow's the day!

someone posted the theater listings a while back, its not playing anywhere near me sad

I could email my local Odeon cinema, but I don't think it will be known if Hatchet will be shown nationwide in the UK until closer to Hatchet's release. It's the luck of the draw with some low budget and indie films (horror or non-horror).

Last edited by WaveCrest (2007-09-06 17:32:32)

Off to see Hatchet!  smile  Will have a review later tonight for it I'm sure.

It dosen't look like Hatchet didn't do well in US cinemas last weekend. I went on the IMDb yesterday and saw that the US Top 10 had been updated, showing the Top 10 for last weekend. I couldn't see Hatchet at all in the Top 10. Was it only on a limited release?

Yeah Wave, I believe it was a severely limited release. I know where I live, there was no places playing it. So sadly I'm just going to have to wait to see it on DVD. sad

Now it not coming out untill 5 October 2007 in UK mad

I Dying to see this movie

WaveCrest wrote:

It dosen't look like Hatchet didn't do well in US cinemas last weekend. I went on the IMDb yesterday and saw that the US Top 10 had been updated, showing the Top 10 for last weekend. I couldn't see Hatchet at all in the Top 10. Was it only on a limited release?

It was very limited release.  I believe no more than 50 theaters nationwide.  So thats not much at all.

I made a 4+ hour drive to Memphis to see this opening day. It was screened in a small room (36 seats) in a large multiplex. Almost sold out but not quite.

I definitely think they got the feel they were shooting for. Some suspense, some humor (but not too much) and gore. It was a fun movie overall. The added humor does take it out of the realm of a "true" slasher and changes the feel a bit but it doesn't detract from the film.

Kane, Tony and Robert Englund were terrific. Although their screen time is somewhat limited they add just enough to the film. The rest of the acting was ok and there are no "rookies" in the cast.
They definitely left a huge opening for Hatchet II.

Not a classic but certainly a film worth checking out if it's near you or picking up on DVD.

Wow wolph.  At least you enjoyed it having made the trip all the way out to Memphis.  And you screening room may have been small but it had people in it.  I was in a big 350 seat theater and I was the only person there.  I would have taken the small, almost filled room anyday over an empty theater.

so does it come out in cinema on sept 7 in the USA? what about the UK?

October 5th in UK