Topic: Halloween 6 The Curse Of Micahel Myers DVD

I've been trying to do a little research on the different versions of this dvd and was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on a question I have. I know there is a "Producers Cut" of this movie. But, my question is, is the dvd a factory pressed disc or just a dvd-r?

Re: Halloween 6 The Curse Of Micahel Myers DVD

I think you'll only find a dvd-r copy of the film, to the best off my knowledge its never been officially released.

Maybe one day they will release it all "officially". Thanks for the reply smile

Probably will for the blu ray release

I have the DVD-R copy.  I actually prefer it to the theatrical cut.

Gardenofstone10, I wish they would release it on dvd to for those of us holding out on switching to blu ray lol

I just bought a copy. From my understanding there is a version out there that has a timer at the bottom of the screen, I hope I didn't get that one lol.

I received this yesterday in the mail. All I can say is after watching it the movies makes more sense to me now lol It's pretty cool actually. I was wondering though if someone could check their copy and see if the "Entertainment Tonight" segment breaks up at times? I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out there. I tend to be a little OCD about stuff like that lol

I bought it from HMV few months ago for $19.99. I'm pretty happy with it. There's a LOT of extras, deleted scenes and more. There's even a art work coming with my purchase!! big_smile

I never knew there were so many different versions of this movie. Here is what I have found so far......

DISC 1: THE PRODUCER'S CUT: This is the highest quality Producer's Cut available. Features 45 minutes of Alternate footage, music, dialogue, remastered 16x9 Widescreen video.

DISC 2: THE WORKPRINT/ROUGH CUT : This is the version most are familiar with. This version has a time-counter at the bottom. It features unfinished effects along with some different dialogue, scenes and music.

DISC 3: THE DIRECTOR'S CUT : This is a Hybrid Cut containing more different dialogue and music cues. This version does have some splicing (quality shifts).

DISC 4: THE TELEVISION VERSION : This is a different beast altogether. It is very different from both The P-CUT and THE THEATRICAL.  It features scenes from both and removes some other Theatrical scenes and dialogue to fit the allotted runtime for TV. This maybe the hardest to find of all the HALLOWEEN 6 Cuts.

DISC 5: EXTRA FEATURES : This bonus disc features Trailers, Interviews, Behind The Scenes Footage

Last edited by MattC (2010-02-07 01:25:56)

Check out paragraph 3.

So it's not a factory pressed disc, but it is popular (and not just here).  Sounds pretty cool.  Ran across this, but I have no idea if this is the same thing.

azathoth wrote:

Check out paragraph 3.

So it's not a factory pressed disc, but it is popular (and not just here).  Sounds pretty cool.  Ran across this, but I have no idea if this is the same thing.

Thanks for the links smile

MattC - in case if I hadn't said it, welcome to HM. smile

The Creature wrote:

Thanks! smile

Also a welcome.

azathoth wrote:

Also a welcome.

Thanks smile

welcome Matt ((( hugs ))

MattC wrote:
The Creature wrote:

Thanks! smile

Your welcome!

MattC wrote:
azathoth wrote:

Also a welcome.

Thanks smile

Sorry, I didn't mean that in a snarky way!  sad

Just welcoming the thanks.  The order came out all wrong!

I tracked down a copy of the producers cut not to long ago(DVD-R) and I wasn't impressed. I did like it more than the theatrical cut, but overall I thought it still sucked.

Puppymonster wrote:

welcome Matt ((( hugs ))

Thank you smile

azathoth wrote:
MattC wrote:
azathoth wrote:

Also a welcome.

Thanks smile

Sorry, I didn't mean that in a snarky way!  sad

Just welcoming the thanks.  The order came out all wrong!

It's ok wink

Suspiria_89 wrote:

I tracked down a copy of the producers cut not to long ago(DVD-R) and I wasn't impressed. I did like it more than the theatrical cut, but overall I thought it still sucked.

I thought it made everything else from the original version that we all have, a little more clear. The quality of the "unofficial" parts weren't all that great. I didn't like how it ended

I forgot exactly which one is 6, but then I'm not a big fan.  So... I completely forgot where I was going with this!  lol

azathoth wrote:

I forgot exactly which one is 6, but then I'm not a big fan.  So... I completely forgot where I was going with this!  lol

lol, I get that way quite alot

Glad I'm not the only one.  big_smile