Topic: Fuck Stop All The Remakes Jesus Christ!!!

Hey all so today I got on and saw a thread about upcoming sequels and remakes.
the sequels look like their gunna be good. Like I am legend 2 and a whole bunch of others but seriously im getting FUCKING sick of remakes. why? well hollywood is OUT OF IDEAS and have to reproduce the same things over just to make some cash and who is that hurting in the process? the great horror fans who love the originals. Its actually fuckin ridiculous get ur own fuckin ideas u remaking douchebags. AND NOW APPARENTLY theres gunna be ANOTHER TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE REMAKE mad mad mad.  god u did one in 2003 then a prequel in like 2004 and now another one? my god!!!! whats gunna be next? remaking the same film the year it came out???? probly. well anyways yes their are a few decent remakes i like but now its just gone way to far. whats all ur guy's thoughts on this. should all us horror fans go on a witch hunt for these film makers???

http://renaissanceronin.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/angry_mob.png

Re: Fuck Stop All The Remakes Jesus Christ!!!

MJK- go check out my last post on the 'Wolf London thread.  I think you'll like my idea.

azathoth wrote:

MJK- go check out my last post on the 'Wolf London thread.  I think you'll like my idea.

haha already did bro! FOR SURE!!! lol

that just wants me to make more original indie for everyone.

But as you can tell, I'm with you on the remake feelings.  I'm OK with going back 30+ years or so, if they do a good job.  The new Prom Night?  Pretty TV stars who can't act for shit.  This is what TV, movies, and music has come to- pretty actors.  Supernatural is one show I can think of that does NOT just employ pretty boys; they can also act.  The media has gotten so friggin' overwhelmed in their desire to 'get' the 16-24 demographic that it's even hard to find R rated movies anymore!  Director's actually direct movies, and then cut them, just to make sure the MPAA (what a fucking farce that is) gives the film no more than a PG13 rating.

Thank God that independent movie making is so cheap now.  At least we get stuff like 5ive Girls and Gun Town.

azathoth wrote:

But as you can tell, I'm with you on the remake feelings.  I'm OK with going back 30+ years or so, if they do a good job.  The new Prom Night?  Pretty TV stars who can't act for shit.  This is what TV, movies, and music has come to- pretty actors.  Supernatural is one show I can think of that does NOT just employ pretty boys; they can also act.  The media has gotten so friggin' overwhelmed in their desire to 'get' the 16-24 demographic that it's even hard to find R rated movies anymore!  Director's actually direct movies, and then cut them, just to make sure the MPAA (what a fucking farce that is) gives the film no more than a PG13 rating.

Thank God that independent movie making is so cheap now.  At least we get stuff like 5ive Girls and Gun Town.

Amen brother amen, lol we should start our own cult lol

Nah, just support our own AceofSpades.  His Gun Town flick is pretty good for a first timer.  I bought it and really was impressed.  Sure, I'm biased, but I would suggest picking it up from him.

Complaining won't stop the remakes, I've made my peace with that.  It's just a part of the movie industry.  I wouldn't say it's running out of ideas as much as it is running out of money.  A successful original movie puts a target on its back.  I've learned to deal and with that peace in my mind, a lot of remakes I enjoy.

I get where you're coming from Garden.  Some of us just like to rant on silly things to relieve some stress (at least in my case).  I could rant on the government and stupid wars, but that doesn't work so well since I'm partially culpable for voting these goofballs in.  Ranting on Hollywood is a nice steam valve pressure release.  Yeah, I'm stupid, but at least I know it!   big_smile

lol it does relief stress haha and u get some laughs lol i know its not gunna stop
and what can i do about it? jack shit sad

Oh I wasn't calling you guys complainers, I used to be one.  And it got me nowhere because, well, what difference does one guy make on a business that makes billions of dollars of year?  I just accepted it and now live stress free and it sucks because I used to love talking about how precious movies became cult hits and regrettably ruined them by having remakes done.  Now my complaint is foreign remakes....Orphanage and Let The Right One In are fucking amazing movies and they are each less than 5 years old yet are being remade.  Makes no sense

lol have these foreign countries ever hear of subtitles? lol

I can speak 4 languages, I'm not worried about subtitles tongue

^^^ Fancy pants!  tongue

Macho, remember when i was like MJK, always moaning and cursing the F***ing remakes, i've mellowed a bit haven't i? still way too many of them and a lot are so unnecessacery.

I hate the idea of remakes, but when I watch them I usually end up liking them.

Sus, I'm with you.  I hate that studios only make them to bank on the name, but 98% of the ones I've seen I've really enjoyed.

I am the same as Garden. I've spent so long bitching on remakes that I am too tired to bother anymore. If it happens it happens, I think the only way to make any studio realise *some* remakes are not worth it, is not to buy into the movie. BUT.. and this my big but, BUT there are some remakes that I think are good. So I cannot hate them full stop. The Thing, The Fly etc are great examples of fantastic remakes and I am hoping that The Wolfman sets the trend and shows that some remakes can withstand the test of time however,

overall I do agree it's becoming tired. I still cannot see the point of remaking a movie that is barely 5 years old, Let the Right One In, The Orphanage etc it's ridiculous. Those are the ones that should be left alone and given a chance to become classics, otherwise, yeesh they could be ruined if the incompetence of the american script shows through. In those instances it is simply just cashing in on the original source and I hope they bloody fail.

I can understand a little remaking a movie that is 30-40 years old, a new audience, a chance to modernise the movie for a new demographic but beyond that I don't get it anymore. Hollywood has lost any creativity or heart, everything is to a point crud. Sod HW.

I am with azathoth, watch Gun Town, now there's a movie with heart; soul and a original idea. Support Acey, because he has more creativity than any of the big studios. Independent movies, low budget, foreign... that is where Horror is right now. smile

I hate remakes too. The only remakes I love are Dawn of the Dead, Halloween, My Bloody Valintine and The Thing. A remake I enjoy but don't love is Night of the Living Dead 3-D, even thought it's horribly crappy compaired to the original.

I'm tired of the remakes as well and hope that Hollywood will turn up some new, creative, original material.

And most hated remake is The Omen. It was exactly the same original. Filmed shot by shot at times, and many times line by line. I mean seriously, what's the point of duplicating a classic horror film in the exact same way? Ugh.

Sometimes I hate them, sometimes I love them and am so excited to see them.

The Child's Play and The Crow remakes I can't wait for!!

Doing another remake of TCM sounds stupid though! Since the remake isn't old and it was really good.

No sense arguing against remakes.  These films aren't made for us, the hardcore genre fanatics.  They're made for the general movie-going audience.  We're a very, very small percentage of that audience.

So rather than waste my breath talking about how I disapprove of most remakes and think that I'd rather see all those millions of dollars go into making a new, original genre flick, I'll just recommend we do what we tell the squares when they complain about our horror movies:

If you don't like them, don't watch them.

LoudLon wrote:

No sense arguing against remakes.  These films aren't made for us, the hardcore genre fanatics.  They're made for the general movie-going audience.  We're a very, very small percentage of that audience.

So rather than waste my breath talking about how I disapprove of most remakes and think that I'd rather see all those millions of dollars go into making a new, original genre flick, I'll just recommend we do what we tell the squares when they complain about our horror movies:

If you don't like them, don't watch them.

yet again the man speaks wise words:)

Some sequels and remakes are good and close a lot of story loopholes but that is usually rare. sometimes a movie is best left alone.

My brother is doing a remake of Gun Town tomorrow. LOL

aceofspades70 wrote:

My brother is doing a remake of Gun Town tomorrow. LOL

i hope it's going to be in 3D!:D