Re: Fuck Stop All The Remakes Jesus Christ!!!

lol and it needs a banana loving Monkey! tongue

When I first saw this thread I thought I was gonna see a bunch of people complaining about remakes AGAIN.. Thats something that I hate.. People complaining about remakes.. They have been around for quite awhile its just that recently they have been coming out feverishly. It's not only Horror though.. Spider-Man is being rebooted and we just saw a new Hulk movie.. Plus Robocop.

Plus they don't ruin the original film.. I don't know why people say that. The only way they ruin the original is if it was an ongoing franchise like Halloween.. Now that franchise has been ruined. Rather than having a new jumping on point you have to continue on with Rob Zombie's mess. BUT you can still go back and open up John Carpenters classic and have a hell of a time...

I understand blowing off steam but I think this discussion has been made a million times over all across the internet. We just have to learn to live with them and only check them out if they look like they are any good.. Otherwise let them die a terrible death at the box office..

I didn't realize Jesus Christ was doing remakes.

seriously,   too many remakes lately.  cant someone come up with an original good horror movie ?  take a chance hollywood !

Although I do think The Wolfman is an exception wink it might not be genius but it's entertaining and respectful to the original which I really respect smile

MistressOf Horror wrote:

seriously,   too many remakes lately.  cant someone come up with an original good horror movie ?  take a chance hollywood !

I like ur thinking mistress wink

aceofspades70 wrote:

My brother is doing a remake of Gun Town tomorrow. LOL

Snap!  lol sibling rivalry lol  lol lol

I always find that there are two ways to look at the big studio horror movies, they can put out a movie that isn’t named after an already existing movie (Captivity)and while it might be a all right movie still complaining about it being unoriginal or they can but out a movie that I know is going to be unoriginal(The Hitcher - I love the original, Hate the re-make.)

Its always been the same, horror fans have to look at the independently made/foreign horror films. I know not all Independent films are original, but few are blatant rip-off and foreign films have really start to impress all over, but with that we get American re-makes that are less then satisfactory.

Its safe to say we well see a lot more remakes, big studios know that names sell. I was in a pack theater for the re-make of ‘Friday the 13th’ just glad to see blood on the big screen again. So when big studios can pack theaters with already proven films, why take the chance on a independent idea that might not bring bring anybody to the theaters. I still can't believe 'Jennifer's Body' bomb like it did, hot girls (no nudity),exalent pg-13 gore and a sweet virgin sacrifice gone wrong. 

Money speaks... that is all.

lil' Monsters wrote:

I always find that there are two ways to look at the big studio horror movies, they can put out a movie that isn’t named after an already existing movie (Captivity)and while it might be a all right movie still complaining about it being unoriginal or they can but out a movie that I know is going to be unoriginal(The Hitcher - I love the original, Hate the re-make.)

Its always been the same, horror fans have to look at the independently made/foreign horror films. I know not all Independent films are original, but few are blatant rip-off and foreign films have really start to impress all over, but with that we get American re-makes that are less then satisfactory.

Its safe to say we well see a lot more remakes, big studios know that names sell. I was in a pack theater for the re-make of ‘Friday the 13th’ just glad to see blood on the big screen again. So when big studios can pack theaters with already proven films, why take the chance on a independent idea that might not bring bring anybody to the theaters. I still can't believe 'Jennifer's Body' bomb like it did, hot girls (no nudity),exalent pg-13 gore and a sweet virgin sacrifice gone wrong. 

Nailed it. Studios are about money, therefore they will do whatever to make money. Support Indie.

Doctor_Pepper wrote:

lol:lol::lol:

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

A monkey with a six-shooter and a wolfman with switchblades!  Now we're talking!  And a couple of sexy lasses (shouldn't be hard to find around here).  And I think we could have a pet Puppy, too!  A couple of freakish bad guys (insert names here), the master villain (gotta be Meh), and a beast from hell (<Macho>) that has constant diarrhea. 

Acey, get on this idea!  lol

Last edited by azathoth (2010-02-11 02:11:30)

If you put a super smart shark in it, i'll pay double admission.

lil' Monsters wrote:

If you put a super smart shark in it, i'll pay double admission.

No problem, and it will have frickin' lasers, to boot!  big_smile

Laser's are over done hows' bout , Chain saws for teeth.

Deal!  Do you want 2 big ones, or a couple hundred tiny ones?

Sharks or Chain saws?

Prototype

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/300W/i/2009/362/0/7/Chainsaw_shark_by_LunarDemonWolf.jpg

Awesome, the check is in the mail, expect it in 8 to 52 years.

With this weather, I'll be happy if it comes before 2090....

It's funny, there's a discussion on IndieTalk about who is out there to buy indie films, how to reach your audience, distribution, etc.

I know this thread is about remakes and the hatred for them, but what about the indies? We'll discuss on a new thread...

Love indies, start one up my man!
But me and lil's movie first, please.  big_smile  We have sharks with chainsaw!

Suspiria_89 wrote:
Doctor_Pepper wrote:

lol:lol::lol:

LMFAO!! Oh snap!

Somewhere in there there is a joke.  I'm to f'n tired to find it.

lil' Monsters wrote:

What is there not to believe about a terrible film like Jennifer's Body bombing? I mean Megan Fox has her own club of people who hate her.. and the script was terrible. Not just terrible but god awful.. Diablo Cody trying to create new and hip things for teenagers to say every two seconds..

Every once and awhile a good horror flick comes out.. I mean look at Drag Me to Hell. I agree for the most part they just stick with remakes and I agree 100% that money talks with Hollywood and thats the bottom line. They are gonna keep remaking movies for as long as they can make money off of them..

azathoth wrote:
BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

A monkey with a six-shooter and a wolfman with switchblades!  Now we're talking!  And a couple of sexy lasses (shouldn't be hard to find around here).  And I think we could have a pet Puppy, too!  A couple of freakish bad guys (insert names here), the master villain (gotta be Meh), and a beast from hell (<Macho>) that has constant diarrhea. 

Acey, get on this idea!  lol

i like this idea aza, but they'll never allow it, they won't even allow us to be morguespace friends(it's a conspiracy, i tell ya, i think macho's behind it):mad: