Topic: The Death of Love. My very own full length slasher movie.

I wasn't going to tell you guys about this because it's still a long time away but I'm excited so I'm going to go ahead and tell you about it.

Me and my best friend whom I've known my whole life wrote a script for a slasher movie about three years ago. It took us over a year to write the script because we wanted to come up with some very creative death scenes and we carefully rewrote the script several times. We had been planning on turning the script into a movie for years but it hasn't been possible until now. My friend use to be a student at the University of Kansas and he's been studying filmaking and special effects for the last five years and he is amazing at what he does. He is a special effects guru and some of his work is amazing. Especially his body casts.

Well, now it looks like everything is coming together better than I could have ever imagined. We finally have all the equipment we will need ready to go and we have our entire cast ready to go. We are going to have several people helping us film who really know their shit.

I'm not going into any plot details but I will tell you a few things. First off it will be shot in HD and it wil have a very Psychedelic retro vibe going for it and the lighting will be crazy. It's going to be full of blood, gore and nudity. I will NOT be starring in it because thats not my thing. I will co-direct and I'll be helping with the effects. I know nothing about editing so he will be taking care of all of that. We plan on doing most of the filming inside of a abandon small hospital close to where I live.(I've already gotten permission) We also plan on shooting in a couple of different locations out of state. Shooting won't start until 2011 because we still have some problems that we need to work out.

I'm just given you guys a heads up. I hope all of you are interested and will be wishing us luck. If anyone has any questions please ask me. I will answer to the best of my ability.

Last edited by Suspiria_89 (2011-04-26 15:39:23)

Re: The Death of Love. My very own full length slasher movie.

well as much of a dick as you are - i wish you all the best and hope its fkn bad ass in the end

ohhh yeah - what about audio? sfx, ambience, etc.

Sounds great! Lose that title though. It does not communicate the theme at all.

it would be alright if you got a blade of some sort sunken into a heart ??

edit: for the cover title

Last edited by ZOMBlE (2010-02-12 00:43:34)

Sounds cool enough and very good on the not rushing.  That's the worst thing you can do with a movie

That's great news man.  Good luck on everything.  It sounds like you are doing this right... there's nothing wrong with planning and taking your time.   Just be sure to keep us posted.. might have to do a news story or two.  wink

BTW.. what part of Bama will you be shoot in?

-deadmanwalkin

Congrats Sus ! that's awesome.. best of luck !

deadmanwalkin wrote:

That's great news man.  Good luck on everything.  It sounds like you are doing this right... there's nothing wrong with planning and taking your time.   Just be sure to keep us posted.. might have to do a news story or two.  wink

BTW.. what part of Bama will you be shoot in?

-deadmanwalkin

Right now there's two possible places in Bama. One place is in a small little town in South Alabama. Everyone calls it Trussels Creek. I think the population is about 300 people. Very weird isolated place.

BTW thanks for the support guys. And Garden I agree, patience is key. We're going to do it right and not rush it. Zombie, audio and all of the techincal stuff is being taken care of. I'm not in charge of any of that. We're going to hire professional people who actually know what there doing to take care of it.

Last edited by Suspiria_89 (2011-04-26 15:40:45)

fredgarvin wrote:

Sounds great! Lose that title though. It does not communicate the theme at all.

I know the title is weird, but I promise it makes sense once you know what it means.

sounds like you got something good going on there so good luck with that.
Keep us horror freaks updated pls smile
Have a nice one.

I think this sounds awesome! I just have a minor question... you said you were spending a large bulk of money on paying the actors and special effects, but what about the score? Sorry but to me that is as important as the effects in the movie. A bad score/ soundtrack can really ruin a good movie, so I hope you will put some real time; effort and material into making the score as good as you can Sussy.

That aside I am looking forward to seeing how this will turn out. I am glad you took your time with making this because it evidently means you have honed it well. Hope all continues to go well and look forward to seeing what you bring to the world of horror. Keep us updated Sus! big_smile

Thus is great news Susy, Best of luck with everything and I really hope everything goes well for you and you're friend, just remember all of us when you get famous. big_smile

Don't listen to certain people, go with whatever title you want to, it's you're movie.

That's really cool Suspira! Hope everything comes togeather perfectly and you can start filming by next year! I wish you the best of luck, and I hope your movie turns out to be a bloody masterpiece! big_smile

AWesome man, this is so exciting! You have a excellent budget for a indie, in the next few years i also am going to start work on one. In a few months im getting a hd camcorder then after that is is gathering funds and coming up with a story. I wish you best of luck Sus, and by the sounds of it your film is going to be oozing with style!

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

I think this sounds awesome! I just have a minor question... you said you were spending a large bulk of money on paying the actors and special effects, but what about the score? Sorry but to me that is as important as the effects in the movie. A bad score/ soundtrack can really ruin a good movie, so I hope you will put some real time; effort and material into making the score as good as you can Sussy.

That aside I am looking forward to seeing how this will turn out. I am glad you took your time with making this because it evidently means you have honed it well. Hope all continues to go well and look forward to seeing what you bring to the world of horror. Keep us updated Sus! big_smile

Btk, the score is actually one of our problems. We're having trouble finding one that will fit and I totally agree with you, a good score is just as important as the special effects.

A slasher movie made by a  true slasher fan. I sure as hell am in! I really look forward to see how it all turns out. It sounds like you are handling thigns really well and put a lot of work into it and I will bet it pays off. It soudns totally awesome. Plus I love slashers, definitely the best kind of movie ever. Good luck to you, although it doesn't sound like you need it. Also, have fun, I'm sure you will.

hope all goes well for you suspiria, i admire any filmfan that puts their dream into reality. i hope it all goes smoothly for you, who knows inn the future you might team up with acey and do a film in honour of H.M.C.A!:)

Suspiria_89 wrote:
BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

Btk, the score is actually one of our problems. We're having trouble finding one that will fit and I totally agree with you, a good score is just as important as the special effects.

Glad you agree smile, I've seen some fantastic films ruined by a poor score but I am glad you are giving time and energy to finding a good score/ soundtrack for the movie. At least you are taking what you are doing seriously, I hope you find one that fits the movie. Cannot wait to see it come to fruition.

We need more serious horror fans doing movies that the horror community can all rally around.

http://kebawe.com/smellies/smellie_cool.gif

Thanks for the support guys.

Update

Last edited by Suspiria_89 (2011-04-26 15:41:17)

uuuhhhh...need a stuntman or actor? cool

aceofspades70 wrote:

uuuhhhh...need a stuntman or actor? cool

Right now we don't need any actors, but we might need a stuntman later down the road. I'll do some talking and I'll get back to you. wink

I was in the PC wilderness when you first posted this so best of luck with it, I hope it does well.  Be careful when you approach that cabin owner though, a high proportion of them seem to be slashers, serial killers or inbred hillbilly slashers and serial killers... winklol