Topic: Shutter Island

I know we all haven't even seen THE WOLFMAN as yet, but god'damn if I ain't waiting to see SHUTTER ISLAND.

Just because I hope it's not the film I *think* it is.

Here's a New York Times bit with director Martin Scorcese:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/07/movie … rcese.html

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Capxyw9fTy0/SoGMBZSk6fI/AAAAAAAAAEI/DbQSK4Z_KBE/s400/Shutter+Island+Di+Caprio+Head.jpg

Re: Shutter Island

I am not a big Leonardo fan, but I will give it a watch. I just don't like horrors with big name actors in them. I have watched so many good indie films that there is no reason for me to depend on big names to push big horror.http://kebawe.com/smellies/smellie_cool.gif

Looking forward to this greatly. I think this will be awesome. big_smile

maybe some one can help me... i saw an asylum flick last year that followed a man that was a student interning or something at an asylum and his fate was similar to how DiCaprio's ended in shutter island. These movies were very similar to each other and I've been pulling my hair out this weekend trying to think of the name of that other film. If anyone one has any idea what I might be talking about I would really appreciate it. I'm going nuts over here tongue

I have seen the movie and read the book. I highly recommend it

I, too have seen the movie (opening day) and it was amazing.....10 out of 10

I\m seeing this today, looking forward to it smile

I don't know why but I'm just not interested in this film. Guess it just isn't my cup of tea. hmm

This movie is perfect!!! Loved it so much) 10/10
Didn't expect this movie would be that great smile

I'll be seeing this either tomorrow or friday evening.  It's one of the few horror movies that has interested my gf so I'm excited to go see it.

skidog wrote:

I'll be seeing this either tomorrow or friday evening.  It's one of the few horror movies that has interested my gf so I'm excited to go see it.

Im pretty sure she wants to see this because of Leonardo DiCaprio big_smile

I want to see it because of Leo too.. but I am also an avid horror fan and very much loved it for that reason!

Glad this film is getting good reviews. Can't wait to see this!

Not a spoiler but don’t read if you want to be completely in the dark about this movie.

I figured out the ending just from reading what it’s about so I looked up a spoiler and found I was correct. I was really excited to see this but now I am torn. I hate this type of ending, so much so it inspired one of the first threads I posted here, were I referred to ending movies this way as a copout.

^^ You know I had a feeling of the ending before the movie came out so I checked too since I am not interested in this movie myself, and god these endings really bug me LOL, how long can they drag the same storyline out? Meh, I was only partially interested before, not more excited now to be fair... neutral

I have a 4 day weekend coming so i will check it out

I just got back from watching it and other than the fact it was a little too long the movie was fantastic. I kinda figured ou tthe punch line 1/2 way threw but it was so awesome and sad at the same time.