Topic: Sleepless(2001)

I like Sleepless which is a slasher film by Dario Argento that came out in 2001 and stars Max Von Sydow(from The Exorcist) as a retired police detective in Italy where his last case was unsolved and now 17 years later the killing as began again.

I liked this film alot and has some great kill scenes in it especially with the lady getting stabbed in the mouth with a musical instrument.

I was glad back in 2001 to see Argento get back to his gore/slash kills in this film. Too bad The Card Player turned out to be a stinker film.

Re: Sleepless(2001)

I love Dario Argento.  Suspiria was my first.  I loved his MOH Jennifer.  I am looking forward to the 3rd mother.  The Church was a good one too.  And there was the one where this ladies head was being bashed into a wall and you could see her broken bloody teeth.  He truly is a Master of Horror.

The Epitome of Fear wrote:

I love Dario Argento.  Suspiria was my first.  I loved his MOH Jennifer.  I am looking forward to the 3rd mother.  The Church was a good one too.  And there was the one where this ladies head was being bashed into a wall and you could see her broken bloody teeth.  He truly is a Master of Horror.

Did you see Sleepless though? Yeah there is a girl in it that gets her faced smashed into the wall of the lobby and her teeth are messy looking.

Also The Church was directed by Michale Soavi who studied under Argento.

Yes I remember it.  I like the way his killers always breath funny and make weird noises too.  He has very original ideas.  That was the one with the weird children's book.  That was one of his finest.

The killer in one scene in Sleepless wears a ski mask like the killer in Prom Night did.

Yes the wind instrument/mouth stabbing in SLEEPLESS is quite some piece of original gore. Nice soundtrack, too.

Skimming through DO YOU LIKE HITCHCOCK? recently though, Argento still seems to lack the eyes and ears for convincing performances from his actors - whether this effort was just made for TV or not.

BEGUILED wrote:

Yes the wind instrument/mouth stabbing in SLEEPLESS is quite some piece of original gore. Nice soundtrack, too.

Skimming through DO YOU LIKE HITCHCOCK? recently though, Argento still seems to lack the eyes and ears for convincing performances from his actors - whether this effort was just made for TV or not.

Yeah, I was disappointed in Argento's last 2 films and The Card Player was boring.

Argento did do good with MOH's Pelts though.

RIP wrote:
BEGUILED wrote:

Yeah, I was disappointed in Argento's last 2 films and The Card Player was boring.

Argento did do good with MOH's Pelts though.

I'm just the opposite on that , I liked "The Card Player" but didn't care so much for either of his MOH episodes. I'm on the fence about "Sleepless"  although I do give Argento credit for the flute kill and for shocking me at the end. Can't wait to check out his end to the trilogy.....

I have Sleepless but my copy is an uncut version called Nonhosonno. I like it but I don't think it's one of Argento's best but I do like this one way more than The Card Player.

DemonToSome wrote:

I have Sleepless but my copy is an uncut version called Nonhosonno. I like it but I don't think it's one of Argento's best but I do like this one way more than The Card Player.

You ought to find Sleepless on dvd uncut. The Card Player was soooooooo boring to me and not gory at all.

I liked "Do You Like Hitchcock?" better by Argento even though it was goreless better than The Card Player.

RIP wrote:
DemonToSome wrote:

You ought to find Sleepless on dvd uncut. The Card Player was soooooooo boring to me and not gory at all.

I liked "Do You Like Hitchcock?" better by Argento even though it was goreless better than The Card Player.

I have Sleepless uncut but mine is the original title of Nonhosonno, the uncut version.
I've never seen Do you like Hitchcock yet.

DemonToSome wrote:
RIP wrote:
DemonToSome wrote:

I have Sleepless uncut but mine is the original title of Nonhosonno, the uncut version.
I've never seen Do you like Hitchcock yet.

Have you seen Argento's The Stendhal Syndrome or Trauma? I have them on dvd and they are okay but not like his good stuff.

I've seen The Stendhal Syndrome and I'm getting the new DVD thats released this september I think it is. I like it, it's OK and I have Trauma on DVD and really like that one.

DemonToSome wrote:

I've seen The Stendhal Syndrome and I'm getting the new DVD thats released this september I think it is. I like it, it's OK and I have Trauma on DVD and really like that one.

Trauma could have been a whole lot better imho and gorier but it wasn't and that's what dissapointed me back when it first came out.

"Sleepless" is a damn good Argento flick.  Same with "The Stendhal Syndrome" and "Trauma".  I'm a big Argento fan and everything he does is artsy and amazing.

Still, I have yet to pick up his films on DVD... sept' "Deep Red".