Re: Last horror movie you watched?

The Vault of Horror (1973)  Also know  Further Tales from the Crypt and Tales from the Crypt II

Five strangers  meet and end up getting stuck in room, so then each of them tell them a dream,

When first one
Framing Story

Harold  tracks down sister as their father died, so her their father as keeping her everything so, he track down, it's not every turn out the way he wanted to do   

This was one was just about decent, there some cool twist at the end of this movie, Did dose really a little out dated a bit.

5 out of 10

The Neat Job

The  as got to be the most Dumpster story I have seen,  (My older brother his bit like him) is very neatly but I don't think even, he said can't you do anything Neatly.   

I found the think way of the top act, the story, the ending was planing stupid.
1/10

This Trick’ll Kill
A bit better then the last story

Sebastian and is wife are india and looking for new trick and  he finds this girl. who dose trick, he want her trick and as he ask her to hotel room, it's her first mistake and His too.

I didn't lik sound effect in story, it made sense at all, I found its very silly and ending I didn't really get it!  (This another one that felt a little outdated as well)

3/10

Bargain in Death 

This wasn't to be bad, Scan between to Friends, back stabbing and then karma strikes

there one decent scarce Scene in this movie and I did I liked how story came to a end.

Drawn and Quartered

They saved the best story for last, I loved this, this was great story about Painter. who gets some voodoo pen /pins and start Draw with the them.

Something bad on to the person, it's happens to them in really life,  for time this movie came decent.

Some think did bother in this movie, that would spoiler the movie over all I did enjoy the last story

8/10

Overall, This was very disappointing, then some really silly segments in this movie, the last story saved the movie a bit!

7 out of 10 ,

247ᵒF - Recently picked up this film on Blu-ray andloved it. Based on true events, it tells the story of a bunch of teens who get stuck in a sauna and are slowly cooked alive.

It's a little like Frozen (but the opposite!). Intense, claustrophobic and with plenty of great suspense too. Well worth picking up.

4/5

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u637/theiluvdvds/e0677815-2c65-43ba-82cd-28129077a495_zps9b88a6a6.jpg

Watched 1408 again recently. It's a really good film, one of the better Stephen King adaptions of recent years. It uses cheap but effective practical effects instead of over the top CG, which I appreciate. At times it get's a little repetitve relying on startling scares, but it also builds a unsettling atmosphere.

The Bay - 5/5, Highly Recommended!

Just got a copy of this DVD, and it really creeped me out! A brilliantly executed film that is full of tension and suspense. Academy Award Winner Barry Levinson directs a "found footage" eco-horror, that shows a small Maryland town's decent into chaos as mutant parasites infect their water supply. After a government cover up, The Bay follows a wannabe news caster retelling story, through footage of various characters collected from the scene, of the day that devastated the community.

http://d2mdwydrj710v9.cloudfront.net/uploads/sleeves/2013/TheBay_DVD_3D.jpg

Last edited by freakofcinema (2013-03-21 12:14:41)

THE TOWN THAT DREADED SUNDOWN [1976]
Can't believe why I haven't watched this one before. A freaking MASTERPIECE. Woah man, I was amazed with everything.
So good, so good.
666.666.666/10

I want to check out both movies, The Bay and the Town that Dreaded Sundown.

I've always dug The Town that Dreaded Sundown.  I'm not quite as enthusiastic about it as Punk is -- I thought director Charles Pierce as the bumbling, cornball deputy caused a lot of damage to the flick lol -- but otherwise, yeah, great, under-rated flick.  There was some brief discussion on it recently here, actually.  I loved the brutality of some scenes and think the stalking sequence featuring Dawn "Maryanne of Gilligan's island" Wells was topnotch.  The way the killer ferociously batters down the door still makes me twitch a bit when I watch it.

freakofcinema wrote:

Just got a copy of this DVD, and it really creeped me out! A brilliantly executed film that is full of tension and suspense. Academy Award Winner Barry Levinson directs a "found footage" eco-horror, that shows a small Maryland town's decent into chaos as mutant parasites infect their water supply. After a government cover up, The Bay follows a wannabe news caster retelling story, through footage of various characters collected from the scene, of the day that devastated the community.

Didn't like the bay enough to get through it all myself.

LoudLon, that's exactly because I read that brief discussion in here that I decided to see it. Thanks. smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-03-21 17:27:00)

Guess I'm going to have to check out The Town That Dreaded Sundown, it's been years and I don't remember it at all really. Are they remaking this? Which reminds me I should rewatch Race with the Devil too!

Anyway, I'm really into finding "newer" horror films and just haven't had much luck lately. Which brings me to Crawlspace, not to be confused with the 1986 Klaus Kinski thriller.

This is an Austraiian film that seems all over the place a little sci-fi, a little horror, a bit mind bending. Not to say that it's a bad thing and it did keep my interest but overall I think there were just too many elements that didn't quite hold together.
Kind of like at a buffet it all looks pretty good but when you get down to eat it's not too appealing but you eat anyway. LOL! It was good for a late night watch I suppose.

5/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYNEzyfxZ-A

Castle Freak - a little slow but overall a really cool gothic horror flick. Setting was great and I loved the creature effects. 7/10

^^^ Really dug Jeffrey Combs in that flick, a really strong, dramatic lead performance.

Watched the Phantasm tonight. It's been too long since seeing this movie, it's one of my favourite horror flicks. It has an original story, likeable characters and creepy atmosphere. The themes of death and acceptance are pretty interesting too. Glad the disc worked too.

Re-animator 10/10
The Stuff 8/10

Bastards on Netflix took off Dead Snow before I got a chance to see it.

Going to check out Slugs now.

^^^
Oh that's very cool. Yay for you man. smile

I watched THE LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS [1960] for the Xest time.
I dig this thing. A LOT!!! Everything is just way cool in this movie.
What a cool plant. big_smile
666.666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-03-22 03:14:44)

Student Bodies (1981)

I didn't know this was a spoof before I started watching. I like a good parody movie, but Student Bodies fell flat and wasn't for me. Barely got a chuckle out of me, and a lot of the scenes were very unfunny. Also hated the Breather. Probably one of the earliest spoof movies I've seen and I can see the inspiration for some others that followed.

Apart from not finding it funny, my main criticism was that it didn't make enough direct references to specific slashers of that time. Would have been easier to relate to, instead of just playing on the tropes.

3/10 gonna go harsh

A Resurrection (2013) - A high school psychologist tries to help a troubled student who believes that his older brother has returned from the dead to seek revenge against the classmates that were responsible for his death.  Starts out pretty good, bogs down a bit then gets kind of silly.  Still, a decent flick.  It was also Michael Clarke Duncan's last film.  3/5.

Vasquez wrote:
freakofcinema wrote:

Didn't like the bay enough to get through it all myself.

A found footage has to do a LOT to impress me. In fact the only one in years to do so was the first Grave Encounter's. I would give The Bay a score of 6/10. In short, good in comparison to other found footage flicks but in the context of the overall genre not that outstanding.

Goddamn, Slugs is absolutely gross and it works in it's favour. The skin crawl factor is through the roof. The really messed up thing is I want to eat but this movie is preventing me from doing that. Less than 37 minutes to go. Woo.

Watched The Bunny Game. Can't really say much about it, it's just torture from pretty much start to finish. The lead did a good job though really convincing throughout. Does anyone know what torture scenes were real By the way?

Pretty much all of 'em.

The Apparition

The Book of Zombie (2010) -A small, sleepy Utah town gets an undead wake-up call when all of the townspeople of Mormon faith suddenly transform into flesh-eating ghouls! Now, a group of 'non-believers' unaffected by the mysterious epidemic must band together to survive the night and answer the burning question: How do you kill a Mormon zombie?

It wasn't too bad compared to some of the other fluff to come out.

Community (2012) - The Draymen Estate has become an urban legend. Amongst the sinister stories of unsavoury locals and brutal violence, several people have apparently gone missing. But even the police won’t go there. Enter two naive student filmmakers with a well-meaning plan to make a sympathetic documentary of life on the estate. They soon discover, however, that problems of drugs and crime in this community go way beyond the norm. A community, which is about to present the students with material of unimaginable horror urning their final project into their darkest nightmare.

Before watching the premise seemed cool, sort of like an Inbred feel to it..But to be honest the movie was shite and painful to watch...

Last edited by hostel2006 (2013-03-22 22:10:34)

Slugs 8/10
I was going to knock this down a few due to a scene where a guy attempts to rape a girl, but nothing graphic came of it thankfully. Like I said in a previous post, the ick and creep factor weighs in it's favour.

Stakeland 10/10
FAN-FECKIN-'TASTIC! It actually came off as a beautiful film. Grim, but beautiful.

I'm checking out Shrooms next. Going in blind.

The Bay (2012) 7/10
Really well put together, shame there wasn't many Scary bit's.

I Spit on Your Grave (1978) 7/10
Think I Liked this one more than Last House, but will have to have another watch of that sometime. Good old fashioned revenge flick. The Matthew dude was a bit too unbelievable though which took me out of the film a little bit.