Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Body Bags (1993)

This corpse tells 3 stories about this other bodies in the morgue

"The Gas Station"

Anna who arrives for her first job at working the night shift at an all-night filling station And Bill her Boss tell her to care full of people as t a serial killer has broken out of mental hospital.

So keeps the booth Closed most of time, The short is was on edge, serving peope!

This short was good, there was some little tense moment in this movie were well done and I really liked the twist was really good and I really liked how the segment ended

7/10

"Hair"

Richard Who's getting bald and then when he advert on TV about miracle' hair transplant operation, and goes thought with it and really happy with results.

Soon he keeps growing in places that never meant to have year,

I not sure what to think of this one, I found this bit of weak story and Some of effects in this short.

5/10 Decent

"Eye"

I would say this was the best of bunch, They saved best for last!

Brent ends up losing one of his Eyes after Car Crash (Which Could have been done better) But there one nasty gory scenes in that Crash, Which I thought was decent.

When doctor tells his could get new Eye after the doctor tells and again after he also happy wit results. Until take Dark turn in the story!

I really liked this story, very well paced and some really good acting from the cast, some very wearied scenes in a good way!

I liked how the story came to end really good!

8/10

Not bad anthology the whole movie I give 7/10

Exorcist II: The Heretic (1977)

I have seen once before but I Could not remember much of it in my first watch

It's no were near as good as first movie, We all that coming, There should not even been sequel to this movie, never mind 3, (4 and 5 both of these are the same movies)

I did like the sound of plot of movie, I thought it started of decent but really on in the movie is went off into r, science fiction, and fantasy.

Which just felt really wrong and Another thing I didn't like how it's was going back and forward to the real and Dream world.

It go annoying and it's happens way to many times this, some times those scene were just odd in Bad way

there were some scenes I thought decent in this movie but I don't think was one scary or shocking moment in this movie, will shock anyone!

Some of the effects were not bad but Could have been done and the acting was really good from the whole cast!

4/10 -Worth watching a least once! (Off to number 3 for first time)

SPLICE [2009] rewatch, shows on TV so...
Brody is great in this and the story is just freaking phenomenal.
A girl and a guy create a semi-human creature in a lab.
Brody and Sarah Polley [which I dig] are fantastic but the best is Delphine Chenéac that plays the beast. She is fabulous.
AWESOME!!!
666.666.666/10

The Pact 2012

Puppet Master

Stakeland - if only all independent horror films were this good.8/10

The Sentinel (1977)

I enjoyed it quite a lot. Made me feel uncomfortable, in a similar sort of way to Rosemary's Baby. Nice atmosphere, the story was good, and it had some really, really weird scenes. I had heard of one infamous scene, and yeah, it was creepy. My main gripe (don't I always have one?) was the score. It wasn't totally unfitting, and at times it felt right, but mostly it was weird and out of place. Like it made it feel 20 years older than what it was. That out of the way, I was impressed.

7/10

Right on, Chomper.  I'm a big fan of that flick.

@chomper that's a great flick

I watched The Loved Ones last night, I quite liked it.
Lola was definitely a crazy A#$ B%^*#!

"Jekyll + Hyde " ( 2005) another re telling of the classic familar tale this time set in a modern campus and the main character looks the same as Jeckyll and hyde but it is quite effective and has some gore and sex. the constant flashbacks do get confusing at times but it's not too bad a film and quite sombre. 6/10.

LoudLon wrote:

Right on, Chomper.  I'm a big fan of that flick.

It had been on my watchlist for ages, and honestly, it was your recently made list that reminded me about it. That's why I like the lists!

vomitdoll wrote:

@chomper that's a great flick

It really was. Will definitely give it another watch sometime to see if my opinion changes on the music (that's what just held it back for me). Funny to see Jeff Goldblum in it, and Christopher Walken just hanging around.

freakofcinema wrote:

247ᵒF - Recently picked up this film on Blu-ray andloved it. Based on true events, it tells the story of a bunch of teens who get stuck in a sauna and are slowly cooked alive.

It's a little like Frozen (but the opposite!). Intense, claustrophobic and with plenty of great suspense too. Well worth picking up.

4/5

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u637/theiluvdvds/e0677815-2c65-43ba-82cd-28129077a495_zps9b88a6a6.jpg

Really? I found this movie to be really predictable and boring...I can't expect much from Scout Taylor Compton though...won't be watching this one again

kXnPunk wrote:

THE BUNNY GAME
Well yes, I enjoyed it very much. I love torture flicks and this one was right up there with the sex added to it, it was just perfect. Story is so, so but everything else is totally cool. And no it didn't leave me with a sad taste after it, takes me WAY MUCH MORE than that. Like One Direction for example. lol
10/10

Definitely left a bad taste in my mouth, glad you enjoyed it though.

The Final (2010)

Abbott & Costello meet frankenstein ( 1948)

Man, I haven't seen that flick in ages.  I'm LONG overdue for a rewatch.

Spent the weekend catching my wife up on seasons 1 and 2 of The Walking Dead.  I can't believe that she is actually really getting into the show and enjoying it.  She is constatntly giving me s**t about all the horror movies that I watch.  Now I've got to find most of season 3 for her.

Dead of Night (1977) - I wasn't overly impressed with this anthology.  The third story was the only one that I found enjoyable.  2.5/5.

The Wicked (2013) - A Group of teenagers test the legend of an immortal witch and get more than they bargained for.  It actually was a halfway decent flick.  It comes off a bit like a SyFy movie, cheesy and corney with bad acting and cheap FX, but because they do show a boob, I knew that it couldn't have come from SyFy.  Still, a fairly entertaining flick.  2.5/5.

Watched this late last night and quite enjoyed this independent thriller. I like these mind bending flicks and this does just that. The indie feature is a contemporary exploration of the notion that “hell is other people” and is inspired, in part, on existential philosopher Jean-Paul Sartre’s 1944 play "No Exit". House Hunting is a blend of traditional ghost story and psychological thriller. It represents two families as they descend into madness while trapped inside a deserted farmhouse.

7/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QXPqRmrRvc

Last edited by JoeTerror (2013-03-25 16:42:19)

Whoops forgot I went to the movies actually too., The Call. A pretty decent suspense thriller. The very very end had a cheesy Hollywood ending but that's ok it was a fun ride! Funny seeing Abigail Breslen grown up.

7/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHrZxG9W3RI

Also watched last night, Hitchcock. Loved it! Anthony Hopkins was superb! Behind the scenes of the making of Psycho.

9/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rQuRLERl6A

Monkey Shines (1988)

Good movie, though towards the lighter end of the horror spectrum. Nice performance by Jason Beghe, who I'm more used to seeing on Californication (mangina!!!) as Bates. Actually, I don't think I have really seen him in anything else. Anyway, Ella the monkey was great, worked very well for the movie. I don't really know how they could have made it more terrifying with such a cute monkey. I always feel really uncomfortable even thinking about being quadriplegic.

7/10

"Batesy!" lol  Big fan of Californication.

I dug Monkey Shines quite a bit, myself.  It's a stretch, sure, but I enjoyed the whole "man vs animal" thing (Beghe's name is even "Mann" in the flick).  And add another well done supporting role to Christine Forrest's resume.

Unaware (2010) Another one those found footage movies , I have been looking forward to this movie since the trailer came.

The trailer seem great however this as got to one the BIGGEST Disappointment's Ever!

This as got to be the most boring-est  and dullest movie I have ever sat thought, there  nothing really happens until hour into the movie.

Little things were like over in an flash and then  panic and  then it's calm down for again until last five minutes of the movie, where the movie start going and of course ends!

The scenes was okay but nothing great at all as there were  no suspense in this movie at all,  not sure what to thing of the Alien.

I felt I seen this done before and better in Alien Abduction: The McPherson Tape (Which not great but still miles better this movie)

And what hell was the point of that end of  Credit scene, Blue sky! 

The acting was wooden at times as well of male guy!

One of the worst and dullest of them Found footage movies

3/10 Very, Very, VERY! Poor!  (I can't believe , That I was actually dying to see this movie)

@Bassi Darn! I guess I will have to sit through it anyway since I just downloaded it! Haha

As for me, I'm making my husband watch V/H/S again....He's not too pleased...I will probably watch it alone...but I still am stuck on "The Sick Thing That Happened To Emily When She Was Younger" even though it was kind of explained to me

Don't know if I should subject myself to it again...

Last edited by vomitdoll (2013-03-25 23:13:02)

I have Shrooms on hold.

I shouldn't be interested in anything Asylum related as I promised myself not to view anything by them. However, this film has piqued my interest and against my better judgment I'm currently checking it out. Ladies and Gentleman, I'm watching Abraham Lincoln vs Zombies.

Yesterday I watched

1. The Devils Command (1941) - A decent science fiction/horror by Russian director starring the great Bori Karloff who elevates the film to a higher standard than it would perhaps achieve without his involvement. 7/10.

2. Fire In The Sky (1993) - The Better of the two films. Incorporates some genuinely disturbing abduction 'experiment' scenes with a engaging human drama element that is supported by strong and convincing performances by all its main cast, particularly by Robert Patrick. 9/10.

LoudLon wrote:

"Batesy!" lol  Big fan of Californication.

I dug Monkey Shines quite a bit, myself.  It's a stretch, sure, but I enjoyed the whole "man vs animal" thing (Beghe's name is even "Mann" in the flick).  And add another well done supporting role to Christine Forrest's resume.

Recently started watching Californication and now I'm up to the latest episode. Yeah it's great. Charlie is hilarious.

And d'oh, never even picked up on his surname, though I am generally awful at remembering character names. Also noticed that guy who played the gay vampire in True Blood. Seen him around in a bunch of things, but never found out his name until now - Stephen Root.