Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Deadly Eyes (1982) 

This is very loosely  based on Classic James Herbert Novel Rats ,  I heard nothing but really bad stuff comment about this movie, It taken me while to see it!

I just came across this full movie on youtube, As I been in Killer Rats movie mood lately , I gave this go.

You know what, I actually it enjoyed it, I thought it was much better then I thought it was going to be.

We know no movie better then any book no matter how good the movie is never come close to the book.

I found this really well paced it as some really good attack scenes in this movie, some very bloody moment in this movie not not gory.

Those are some big ass rats in this movie (I know their dog in rats suit) They didn't look that half of bad.

The acting was really good in this movie, I didn't like some of sub plot were a little boring at, Girl in love with teacher, they should have skip that.

The ending was good, I really enjoyed this movie.

7 out of 10.  I had fun watching this movie!

Kwaidan (1964) - A collection of four unique tales, each adapted from traditional Japanese ghost stories, where the protagonist is confronted by spirits.  A beautifully done movie, and I can see why it is considered such a classic.  Apparantly, it was the most expensive Japanese movie for its time, and that certainly shows.  Unfortunately, I found it to be rather boring and extremely long, clocking in at 2 hours and forty some minutes.  Visually, worth a watch if you can sit through it all.  3/5.

Dark Skies (2012) - A surburban family's seemingly normal life is rocked by an escalating series of disturbing events, leading them to the belief that a terrifying force is after them.  Wow, what a pleasant surprise for a PG-13 offering.  Creepy and well done, giving me goosebumps on a couple of occasions.  4/5.

Koi no tsumi aka Guilty of Romance (2011) - The tale  of three Japanese women and their lives, seen through the looking glass of sex, words, madness, death, family and the tragic event tying them all together.   Shion Sono's follow up to the fantastic Cold Fish.  Like Cold Fish, Guilty of Romance is loosly based on a true story, the murder of Yasuko Watanabe in 1997.  Watanabe was a senior economic researcher at the Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) who moonlighted as a street prostitute at night.  At first, I was like, WTF did I just watch.  I wasn't quite sure what to make of it, as at first glance it appeared to be yet another odd Japanese movie.  But I did some reading up on the film today, and I feel a little more comfortable in my understanding of it.  It does feature plenty of nudity, especially by the lovely Megumi Kagurazaka, sex and some gruesome imagery.  Not quite on par with Cold Fish and perhaps one that will not appeal to everyone, but still a good flick that probably will warrant a second watch in time.  3.5/5.

Last edited by alien25 (2013-04-08 14:42:37)

Galaxy of Terror (1981)

Very cheesy B movie, but very watchable. There's a young Robert Englund in it, and I thought he was good, and also Sid Haig ("crystals!!!"). There was an... interesting "sex scene." Probably the weirdest I've seen. I mean, what was the creative writing process behind it? What was the flash of inspiration? lol I looked it up afterwards and the controversy around it is where most of the discussion is regarding the movie. 

Some funny deaths and effects, but the start lingered too long with its stupid landing.

4/10

^Yeah, the worm was disgusting, but the actress was hot! tongue
Also, James Cameron served as production designer on the film.  If you watch the special features on the disc, it is pretty clear from some of the interviews that he was not well liked.

Ok guys, went and saw the Evil Dead over the weekend! As the poster suggested, the most terrifying movie you'll ever see! No. One of the most bloodiest? Yea probably. I'm not going to go on some big rant but when I first heard they were "re-imagining" it I was pretty disappointed. Then I heard all kinds of hype, good snippets about it, no cgi, and so on I was really looking forward to it.

Needless to say the effects were awesome! But I have to say it was no where near as fun as the original.

Anyway as a simple gorefest I'd give it a 9/10, as far as being scary, the story, lack of the dark humor, I'd lean more towards a 7.

Last edited by JoeTerror (2013-04-08 18:48:23)

Watched Grabbers last night and with the exception of some pacing issues I thought this was a great little monster movie! Don't expect a lot of belly laughs but it's a fun time anyway and I thought the cgi effects were really good!

hen an island off the coast of Ireland is invaded by bloodsucking aliens, the heroes discover that getting drunk is the only way to survive.

6/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC4GlNAD5ZA

Altered States (1980) - 7.5/10

Fun, bizarre science fiction/horror film. Things got just a little silly here and there, but I really dug all the themes (isolation tanks, Amanita Muscaria "Magic" Mushrooms, Shamanic ceremony, religious experience, "original thought", etc.), so I don't mind. In terms of content, the film was right up my ally. Anyone who browses the "What Are You Reading?" thread knows that already though. lol

That being said, the neanderthal scene was fun, but perhaps unintentionally funny. The ending of the film was a bit unsatisfying as well. Needless to say, I enjoyed the film.

The Rats (2002)

I seen this movie a number of time now, first time two times , when came on TV about 10 years ago, I really enjoyed it back then

It's was not as good as remember it but I didn't found the movie well paced, it dose not take long at all before the Rats start to attack people.

About the middle part of the movie is gets little calm but more rats start to attack again and I really liked scenes on Train, The rats covered the whole train , was really cool scenes.

The attack scenes were not to bad or that great  they went to bloody but first attack was good bit bloody at the start as movies goes on the attack scenes less bloody but a lot rats on the person getting attack.

The acting was really good for this movie

Decent Killer rat movie

6 out of 10

THE THAW [2009]
Man, I'm an insane fan of Val Kilmer and he NEVER deceives me. Same in this one. Bugs infecting people. Pretty cool. Great performances by him and the girl that plays his daughter, Martha MacIsaac. Very cool story.
Pretty damn entertaining. Hey, normal, it's fucking KILMER!!! lol
10/10

^^
That was fairly good.

I have now semi-slept through 2 found footage films with the accompaning affect of having shit-weird dreams.

Night of the Living Dead

Does anyone think it's ironic that they probably would have all survived if they had just stayed in the cellar like that jerk guy was arguing the whole time?

^^
Sure, until they all starved to death.

alien25 wrote:

^Yeah, the worm was disgusting, but the actress was hot! tongue
Also, James Cameron served as production designer on the film.  If you watch the special features on the disc, it is pretty clear from some of the interviews that he was not well liked.

Yup, she was fine! Apparently it supposed to be longer, but it would have gotten them an X-rating. Ha, so that's where Cameron started. Before this, the earliest thing I saw him attached to was Piranha 2.

Udo wrote:

Night of the Living Dead

Does anyone think it's ironic that they probably would have all survived if they had just stayed in the cellar like that jerk guy was arguing the whole time?

What I wanna know is why the heck were the zombies attracted to that house?
Usually zombies kinda roam around with no place to go.
These ones looked like they were on a mission to get to the house.
Was is cause they cause they could smell people? Or they saw the light on.
Didn't think zombies would be clever.

Yes they were attracted to the activity in the house. Also check out the rest of the Dead series to see how clever these zombies become. They learn and remember.

Udo wrote:

Night of the Living Dead

This was actually the main theme of the film: the breakdown of communication.  If everyone would have just calmed down and communicated rationally with one another, they could all have survived.  But no.  Egos clashed, tempers flared, logic went out the window and bada-bing, bada-boom, fuhgeddaboudit.

Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead
This film...wow, that was an experience. 8/10

Started watching I Bury The Living. Gonna follow that with The Bat People and The Food of the Gods.

Night of the Living Dead is great, but I end up wanting to slap the characters when I watch it. They could have made it... and easily!

Evil Dead '13.  Already posted my thoughts here.

Dawn remake...again...

^^^ After Evil Dead, I think I'm going to throw that flick on just to remind me of what a GOOD remake looks like. lol

^^^
Put I Spit On Your Grave's remake on. That should fix you up. lol

MoonRaven, food. That's what attracted them to the house.

Bloodrayne I liked it, own it, was in the mood for it. Has ALOT of star power in it . YEP

^^^
I'm a very HARDCORE fan of ALL of them. How could I not, Kristanna, Michelle and Madsen. And what a cool story.

Have u played the Bloodrayne game? I enjoyed it smile