Re: Last horror movie you watched?

alien, exactly!!! Man this site rules. smile

INSIDE THE WHORE [2012]

I saw the first one a while ago and was looking forward to it pretty much.
It's rated 2,7 on IMDb so I said to myself, man, I gonna love this sequel. lol

And I did. Follows what the other one started and does it very well.

A crew filming a movie gets very weird stuff happening on the set. And things go wrong.

It's kinda like a mockumentary but it's more than that cause it's litteraly becoming a movie within one. And it's cool.

I'm such a sucker for Norway Horror than I couldn't help but love this.

666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-04-23 06:39:40)

Wolf Creek

THE VICTIM [2011]

Oh yeah baby, Danielle Harris AND Jennifer Blanc Biehn, two Scream Queens I just desperatly LOOOVE. And the story, wow, incredibly cool. Great images and awesome acting. Trash like I love it.
I'm a Grindhouse style movie fan and this is exactly that.

666.666/10

Witch's Brew - Due to the very low budget the special effects aren't top notch but that doesn't keep it from being a very well made, fun and highly entertaining indie horror movie. 8/10

kXnPunk wrote:

THE VICTIM [2011]

Oh yeah baby, Danielle Harris AND Jennifer Blanc Biehn, two Scream Queens I just desperatly LOOOVE. And the story, wow, incredibly cool. Great images and awesome acting. Trash like I love it.
I'm a Grindhouse style movie fan and this is exactly that.

666.666/10

I really, really didn't like the movie. I guess Grindhouse isn't exactly for me, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity. But Michael and Jennifer showed the movie at my local cinema and they were great hosts.

Resolution (2012) - After recieving a video showing his friend's drug induced shenanigans and map to his location, Michael decides to make one last attempt to help Chris end his Meth addiction.  Arriving at Chris' remote cabin, Michael chains Chris to a pipe in the cabin with the intention of forcing him to sober up over the course of the next seven days.  But as he waits for Chris to come down, Michael begins to explore the cabin and its surroundings, stumbling upon a trail of strange clues that seem to hint at the cabin's past and the odd events and characters that it seems to attract.  I've had this one on my list for some time, but after watching it, I am not quite sure what to make of it.  It is creative and very original, and for an indie, really well made.  But it is also a slow burn that is intended to make the viewer think.  Perhaps it was becuase I didn't pay close enough attention, but by the ending, I felt a little cheated and confused.  I definitely plan on giving it another watch, but for now.  3/5.

Last edited by alien25 (2013-04-23 15:11:32)

Salvage (2009)

This was low British horror, with a short cast and short running time only 79 minutes

Movie start off with paper boy, who ends up getting caught for peeking for window, soon we had run for life after that, something should have not seen, that person is after him.

Then movie on Father and Daughter, father is telling is daughter to see her mother for Christmas holidays , Daughter is not happy with her mother but as come home, they could of worse start of off, Which end arguing on street and end up staying with neighbours.

As mother is trying to get her daughter a swat to seem come out of now where and force back in doors, looked thought the house.

For most of time, No knows what really happing and there some brief news on tv for fews seconds but I wasn't to sure what their were saying on news but powers goes out.

Thought the movie, she tries to get her daughter and she goes thought a lot to their, their was decent bloody moment in this movie, not gory but can gurgling at times .

The acting was great from the very Small cast and ending up movie good but I kinda of knew that was going to happen.

There were dull moment in the movie, What bugged me at times was, This place the movie was set looked so familiar and then hit, this was same set of Brookside the Axed soap from UK!

6 out of 10 Good movie

Paranormal Activity 4

The Cloth, 2012. 4/10
The Helpers, 2012. 5/10
Banquet of the Beast {Kichiku dai enkai } 1997. 10/10
Happy Hell Night, 1992. 7/10
The Infected, 2013. 3/10

Creepshow 2 tonight. Last new movie Evil Dead remake. Alright for a remake. The original was epic.

The Relic 8/10
Severance 9/10

Currently watching Vamp.

Half way through hellraiser. We have such wonders to show you.

"Your suffering will be legendary even in hell."
OK, that's Hellbound, but still....

"Sights," Mike, not "wonders."  But it's okay, your heart's in the right place. big_smile

Ooga Booga (2013) I had to post this here, cause it suit the title of this thread lol

Ooga Booga follows an innocent African American boy who is brutally murdered by dirty cops, but his soul is magically transferred into an action figure named Ooga Booga

I know you maybe thing this sounds just like "He Who Kills" one of stories in Trilogy of Terror.

This is doll not were near as scary at all , I found the doll a little to nice to be scary and Kill were just dull as it same kill thought the movie.

The whole movie felt empty but thing nice about this was Karen Black started in this movie, which was only funny think about, as it not her first with doll like this.

2 out of 10

The Lords of Salem (2012) - Heidi, one third of "The Big H Radio Team" in Salem Massachusetts recieves a wooden box containing a record from what she assumes is a new band called The Lords.  When she and her cohorts, the two Hermans, play the record on air, the music awakens something in Heidi, triggering debilitating headaches and flashbacks to the Salem Witch Trials.  But unbeknowst to Heidi, the music also awakens something in her home town of Salem, something long thought dead. 
Not at all what I was expecting.  It really shows Rob's growth as a film maker.  He thankfully ditches his trademark "White Trash" context filled with violence and gore, and instead gives us a trippy psychedelic slow burn that is a throwback to horror movies of the 60's and 70's.  Visually, it was impressive, even if some of the imagery might be viewed as offensive.  Big deal.  However, as nice as it was to look at, I also found it to be a bit boring.  The story meanders and I never really felt any attachment to any of the characters.  Sheri is nice to look at, particularly her back side which is displayed frequently, but I think the movie might have benefited from a stronger lead.  It is funny to read all of the reviews, somepeople obviously hate the movie just because they hate Rob Zombie, which I can't understand.  He seems like a pretty cool guy, and one thing is for sure, he is a true fan of the genre.  So while I don't view it as a great flick, I have to give props to Rob for doing something he wanted to do which was both creative and original.  3.5/5.

^ That's cool, and along the lines of what I've been hearing (that it's a visual treat, and not much else). Shame that it isn't being released anywhere near me, so I'll grab a copy when it comes out.

A little late posting these, but I recently watched...

The Barrons - This was better than I had predicted, an okay story with some nice suspence throughout. A pretty solid flick but just didn't pack much punch overall.

6/10

Mama - I thought this was actually pretty creepy, the story is compelling enough and kept me interested. Mostly it was short and sweet and pretty entertaining.

7/10

somehow my post got duplicated. didnt see where i could delete this?

Last edited by JoeTerror (2013-04-24 20:44:58)

I should have taken heed when it's based on a true story......Just finished When The Lights Went Out. I'm not even sure how I came about finding this, must have seen a good write up or something. Anyway, loved the whole 70's feel and it started out strong enough but after a while I got really bored and it didn't really turn out to be very exciting. A few jump scares here and there and some of the sound use was good but overall kind of bland.

Yorkshire, 1974 the Maynard family move into their dream house, only to find a "presence" already living there. Len, Jenny and their daughter Sally must struggle to keep their already-fragile family together as they are attacked by poltergeists. Soon it becomes apparent that Sally is their main focus of attention. The house becomes a living nightmare. They must exorcise the evil spirits for them to survive.

5/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYKz11JtD0A

Ok was Under the Bed taken off the shelf, dusted off and released from the 1980's? That's not really a bad thing but think I would have enjoyed it back then a lot more. I'll give Steve C Miller credit though, and I did like his Silent Night, it's just that not much happens until a good hour in and then it's just a bit cheesy, kind of like Wang Chung. LOL!

Basically the story involves a young boy named Neal returning home, obviously lots of issues going on and tries to fend of past demons and the one under the bed that is terrorizing his little brother.

5/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOM5-hMltaA

Last edited by JoeTerror (2013-04-24 21:03:37)

LoudLon wrote:

"Sights," Mike, not "wonders."  But it's okay, your heart's in the right place. big_smile

I came to right place.hahaha

Alien and just started watching aliens.

Last edited by mike3881 (2013-04-24 21:53:09)

Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth.  It's been quite a while since I watched it so I got hold of the uncut version and refreshed myself.  Story-wise it's good, but the acting leaves something to be desired.  This is the one where you get Pinhead's back story pre-Cenobite make-over, which I thought was interesting.  Gets a little too OTT and jokey with a couple new Cenobites but otherwise, it's a decent watch.

BASSI wrote:

Ooga Booga (2013) I had to post this here, cause it suit the title of this thread lol

Ha ha ha, I picked this up about a week ago just for fun.  I didn't even bother posting about it.  If you're going to give me "ooga booga," you better bring the pain!  Nope.  sad

@Lon-
I'm surprised, I found Hellraiser 3 to be the worst (well, until they got to the DTV films).  Seriously, the CD man?

RAVENOUS [1999]

I like Guy Pierce a lot and in this Mexican/American war located film he was just great like always. Pretty intense story about cannibalism. And it's done by a girl which is pretty rare compared to men. Antonia Bird did a very cool job. I like movies that take place back in time in the 1800.
Yup, very entertaining one.

9/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-04-25 05:57:15)