Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Machine Head (2000)

A teenager creates a machine to raise the dead for a science experiment

Who did the casting job in this movie, really hard believe this people in mid or Over 25's playing Teens, are you kidding me.

If that not worst thing about it, is that no one person can actually act in this movie, The acting this movie horrendous bad.

I Just could not take any more of it after 45 min mark.

The script was so bad, it was just playing stupid , some scenes didn't make sense at all.

No gory death this movie, no cool zombie effect at all.

The only nice to say about this movie is that neat DVD cover 1 out of 10

Last edited by BASSI (2013-04-25 14:07:56)

The Innkeepers - slow paced but I was never bored. The few characters the movie has are all very interesting and the setting is amazing, add to that a few really creepy scenes and a weird sense of humor and we have a very solid horror flick. 8/10

Amicus's The Beast Must Die (1974) with Peter Cushing. Fun and entertaining film with a strong element of mystery with a great performance by Calvin Lockhart as the leading protagonist that keeps you engaged and not so focused on the cheesy monster effects. 7/10

May I Kill U? (2012) it came out on 11 January 2013 (UK) I don't how I missed this .

This is British Horror however it's more like Dark Thriller with some dark Humor mixed in.

This movie start with scene from the UK riots 2011, how these thugs took over.

Baz (He a cop) and is partner are cycling, one of thug from th gang throws something at him, that makes his bike tip over and then Baz hits his head on the pavement.

Which lead him having some really bad head aches now and again / Baz is so fed with these thugs, so he had another idea how to clean up the street.

Baz turns into psycho cop, Who kills people, that have been doing bad things, while he kills these people, He also films them with his helmet cam, then post these videos on the internet with fake name.

Though out this movie, we see him text and twitter tweets and he ends up gaining a number of followers on twitter who are happy about what he is doing.

I found this movie to be very intruding, I really liked this movie, nice clever plot to the movie, with one or two laugh and moment but i would not call it comedy at all nor did have much horror.

The kills in this are just violent but not bloody or gory kills, which I thought could made this movie tad darker then it already was.

The acting was really good in this movie from whole cast!

6 out of 10, very Stranger Dark Thriller

Silent Hill: Revelation

Vasquez wrote:

Amicus's The Beast Must Die (1974) with Peter Cushing. Fun and entertaining film with a strong element of mystery with a great performance by Calvin Lockhart as the leading protagonist that keeps you engaged and not so focused on the cheesy monster effects. 7/10

This was a kind of silly one but entertaining nonethless.

I caught The Beast Must Die on AMC a couple years back.  I agree with Theli; a bit silly, but still entertaining.

LoudLon wrote:

I caught The Beast Must Die on AMC a couple years back.  I agree with Theli; a bit silly, but still entertaining.

Ditto. You know its gonna be a 'grooovy' and fun watch when you hear the funky music.

Maniac with Elijah Wood, terrible.

floridapossum wrote:

Maniac with Elijah Wood, terrible.

What! really. That is first bad comment heard about this movie!

I am giving this watch in few hours time.

Last edited by BASSI (2013-04-27 01:33:53)

horrorfan26 wrote:

Did you like it ? Everyone I ask says yes but it's looked down apon. I say this only because I want there to be a part 3 even dough I heard it did so bad we wont be getting. Lame in my opinion. They made ten jason movies.

Lords of Salem (2012) - I have waiting (like many) a loooong while to see this, for the first time since TDR Rob gives us an original piece of horror, and it was freakin brilliant....until the end, all I could think was WTF was that? The whole begginig all the way up to the finale, Zombie proves that he knows what horror should look and feel like, the score was haunting, he captures some amazing and vintage horror style visuals. Obviously a lot of care and time went into wardrobe and set pieces, that along with some awesome Argento-esqe lighting and great shot choices. The movie was shaping up to be something, after tons of unoriginal hollywood "reboots", I have been waiting to see for awhile. Something original, something reminiscent of the hayday of horror, like TDR it has "classic" 70's feel to it. The ending however was presented more like a White Zombie video, just flashing weird images on the screen and nothing made much sense. Then, he throws in some narration during the credits to explain everything. I kinda get what Rob was going for, but for me I would have preferred a straitforward approach to explain the events of the finale. I still enjoyed it for the most part, definitely a must see.

8/10

^ Right on. I'm glad you enjoyed it, ChainSaW.

Eraserhead (re-watch) - 8.5/10
So bizarre, surreal, and crazy. I love it.
David Lynch describes Eraserhead as his "most spiritual film", too, which I find to be interesting. How does his spirituality translate in terms of the film's insanely weird content? What symbolic guesstimations can we take away from Eraserhead? Everything is up to individual speculation of course, which is another thing I love about these types of abstract films.
As a side note, I thought the song that the Lady in the Radiator sings is actually quite catchy in an odd way. "In heaven...everything is fine."

Last edited by The Creature (2013-04-27 10:10:47)

mike3881 wrote:
horrorfan26 wrote:

Did you like it ? Everyone I ask says yes but it's looked down apon. I say this only because I want there to be a part 3 even dough I heard it did so bad we wont be getting. Lame in my opinion. They made ten jason movies.

I definitely did like it. Loved it even. H3LL I even prefer it to the first. big_smile

KILL, BABY... KILL! [1966]

That has become my favorite Bava movie. Man, what a great one. Everything is so damn amazing in this. But the story is what stands out. Just freaking way too cool. Pretty nice acting too, especially the Witch.

666.666.666/10

Sinister

Incident on and Off a Mountain Road, one of the better entries in the MOH series.

The thing about Silent Hill: Revelation that distracted me the most was the awful, awful acting. Apart from that it was passable, yet it lacked the truly creepy "Silent Hill" feel to it. I liked the first one more.

Watched Candyman last night (again), well, most of it until I fell asleep. It's a fantastic movie but it makes me feel too relaxed. Really dig the aerial shots and the fantastic score. The movie just has some really nice feel to it. It's strange how the ghetto is a good setting for it. Of course, I'll throw in an obligatory, "I hear you lookin' for Candyman, bitch."

kXnPunk wrote:
mike3881 wrote:
horrorfan26 wrote:

I definitely did like it. Loved it even. H3LL I even prefer it to the first. big_smile

KILL, BABY... KILL! [1966]

That has become my favorite Bava movie. Man, what a great one. Everything is so damn amazing in this. But the story is what stands out. Just freaking way too cool. Pretty nice acting too, especially the Witch.

666.666.666/10

I just watched Bava's Baron Blood (1972). Quite a decent flick. Defo has that masterful use of colour he applies to his movies and the atmosphere that goes with it. Some stunning gothic-like real life locations used aswell but a familiar plot lets the film down a bit. Still defo worth a watch if you havent seen it yet though. i would give it a 7/10.

Just finished watching 'The Exorcism of Emily Rose.'

Chomper wrote:

The thing about Silent Hill: Revelation that distracted me the most was the awful, awful acting. Apart from that it was passable, yet it lacked the truly creepy "Silent Hill" feel to it. I liked the first one more.

Watched Candyman last night (again), well, most of it until I fell asleep. It's a fantastic movie but it makes me feel too relaxed. Really dig the aerial shots and the fantastic score. The movie just has some really nice feel to it. It's strange how the ghetto is a good setting for it. Of course, I'll throw in an obligatory, "I hear you lookin' for Candyman, bitch."

I wouldn't say its strange at all if you think about it. Candyman was a african american who was burnt as a slave in the 19th Century so it is perfect that the setting for the film in the 20 century is in the Cabrini-Green housing project - to an extent a representation of the poverty that affected much of the african american population, partly as a result of their history.

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-04-27 17:54:33)

The Exorcism of Emily Rose was OK, what did you think Raven?

Vasquez: I also picked up Baron Blood relatively recently, haven't had the chance to watch it yet.

It was an interesting story.
Not scary.

Chomper wrote:

Saw this during its opening weekend and man, what an experience.  The way they recorded Tony Todd's voice had it coming at you from every direction (thanks, surround sound!) made it feel like he was everywhere in the theater all at once.  It's a given now that theaters play everything in surround sound but it was new at the time, and his voice was the only sound in the movie played back in that format.  Really made the viewing experience unnerving, but in a fun way.

A Haunting in Connecticut 2: Haunting in Georgia.

It was better than I thought it would be. Not stellar or anything, but I enjoyed it.

Horror of Dracula