Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Sexsquatch - it was hilarious, that's about all I can say about it LOL.

The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia.  Pretty good movie.  Not as good as the first one but certainly good for a few jumps, creepy moments and a solid cast.

Videos of us moving  sad

Last edited by floridapossum (2013-05-08 02:31:38)

Zodiac with Gyllenhaal and Downey Jr.  I love this movie.  The Zodiac is also another good one that came out the year before this one.

Gus Van Sant's remake of Psycho

Just finished Reincarnation (Rinne). A very good Asian ghost story, liked it a lot - 6.5/10

The Car : found that was the movie for basis of the ware-car episode on futurama.

Damn girl, been a while. Where were you hidding???
Hopefully you had lots a fun in there.
Or might just be becacause I wasn't seeing you because I wasn't seeing you because I clicked the wrong button which could definitely what have happened in the wasted statee I wanded around most of the time. lol
Missed you.

Yes Reincartion is incredible.

The Sick House [2008]
I LOVE UK Horror and this is another good example

Anna works against the clock to unlock the secrets of the murderous plague doctor. In a twisted version of Alice Through The Looking Glass, the young people find themselves fighting for their lives - and souls - in a long-forgotten medieval underworld.

An hospital. Didn't have to say anything else. I love movies set in those places so... Cool acting, cool camera work, cool story.

666/10

Piranha (remake)

The Return of the Living Dead

OldLaughingLady wrote:

Zodiac with Gyllenhaal and Downey Jr.  I love this movie.  The Zodiac is also another good one that came out the year before this one.

I still haven't got around to watching this one yet. Heard a lot of good things about it. I think you've convinced me to give it a shot.

kXnPunk wrote:

The Sick House [2008]
I LOVE UK Horror and this is another good example

Anna works against the clock to unlock the secrets of the murderous plague doctor. In a twisted version of Alice Through The Looking Glass, the young people find themselves fighting for their lives - and souls - in a long-forgotten medieval underworld.

An hospital. Didn't have to say anything else. I love movies set in those places so... Cool acting, cool camera work, cool story.

666/10

Man, I won this on DVD from this site what seems like eons ago.  Dang, I miss those contests. sad
Pretty decent flick though, loved the Plague Doctor's mask.

Frailty

alien25 wrote:

Man, I won this on DVD from this site what seems like eons ago.  Dang, I miss those contests. sad
Pretty decent flick though, loved the Plague Doctor's mask.

Woah really??? Man I want these contests too.
And yes, the mask is amazing. smile

THEY [2002]

Just about everything in this one is creeping full of very sinister atmosphere. Totally wonderful imagery and acting. Story is pretty damn wild too. Yup, another cool one added to my Horror movies I saw HUGE collection.

666.666/10

Loved those contests, I won a signed copy of Midnight Meat Train and Dexter Season 2.  Those were good times!!

WOW!!!
Man they sound like they were ultra cool.

Midnight Meat Train is amazing and I don't need to say anything about Dexter, it's freaking DEXTER!!! big_smile

I've honestly never seen Dexter, I won season 2 years ago and still have it but haven't watched it because I've wanted to watch them in order.  Looks good, though.

Chomper wrote:
OldLaughingLady wrote:

I still haven't got around to watching this one yet. Heard a lot of good things about it. I think you've convinced me to give it a shot.

Great movie, man.  The scene by the lake rattled me, and I'm fearless. lol

OldLaughingLady wrote:

Loved those contests, I won a signed copy of Midnight Meat Train and Dexter Season 2.  Those were good times!!

I remember that, I won a couple of contest. One was a DVD and the other was a signed Let the Right One In poster which I absolutely love. Damn I miss the good old days.

Suspiria_89 wrote:
OldLaughingLady wrote:

I remember that, I won a couple of contest. One was a DVD and the other was a signed Let the Right One In poster which I absolutely love. Damn I miss the good old days.

Well me I wonder why the H3LL I didn't join much before. roll

The Innkeepers

The Innkeepers is one of my favorites of recent times.  I love Ti West and can't wait to see everything he does in the future!

Just finished watching Spider Baby. Man is it one oddball movie. It has some really over the top acting, in fact I think actor who played Peter may have been drunk the whole time, looked like he was having fun though. It's the story of a family who have a degenerative disease caused by inbreeding that are raised by the family chauffeur (Lon Chaney Jr.). At times quite funny and others somewhat disturbing. Overall a good movie and a worthwhile watch, but not great.

kXnPunk wrote:
Suspiria_89 wrote:
OldLaughingLady wrote:

Well me I wonder why the H3LL I didn't join much before. roll

Yeah, they were cool.  You could win stuff for having the most Toe Tags or writing reviews and doing stuff like that.  I won 4 DVDs and a cool horror movie prize pack over the years.

In a Glass Cage (1987) - Stricken with grief over his past deeds as a pedophilic doctor at a Nazi concentration camp, Klaus attempts to commit suicide by jumping from the roof of the Spanish Villa where he has resided since the war.  Paralyzed as a result of the fall, he is confined to an iron lung and requires the constant care of his wife Griselda,  Rena his daughter and their housekeeper.  When mysterious teenager Angelo arrives at the villa, Klaus, sensing a connection to the teen, convinces Griselda to allow Angelo to stay on as his live in nurse.  Through his care and interaction with Angelo, it becomes clear to Klaus that Angelo was one of his many victims.  But as Angelo's  behavior becomes increasingly odd, it is not entirely clear what his intentions are for Klaus and his family.
Another one that I found on someone's list of most disturbing/controversial movies.  Come to find out, it is on a lot of these types of lists, and given the subject matter, it certainly deserves to be there.  I almost didn't watch it.  Not because of the subject matter, but rather because I had a difficult time finding the time to watch it.  I am glad that I did finally find the time, because even though the subject matter is really heavy, it really is a well done film.  It certainly will not appeal to everyone, it is long and slow, but in addition to the disturbing action, there are some really creepy, almost gothic horror scenes in the film.  There is a lot going on in the film, and through some reading today, I really have a greater appreciation for the movie.  3.5/5.

OldLaughingLady wrote:

The Innkeepers is one of my favorites of recent times.  I love Ti West and can't wait to see everything he does in the future!

I agree, The Innkeepers was really cool, and Sara Paxton is smoking hot.

Deathdream AKA Dead by Night- a outstanding early 70's horror flick. Great story and a little unsettling at times 8/10

Drag me to Hell - first time watching the Unrated Version. Doesn't really matter which version you watch, both are awesome but the Unrated version has a couple of extra bloody scenes. 8/10