Re: Last horror movie you watched?

kXnPunk wrote:

Damn girl, been a while. Where were you hidding???
Hopefully you had lots a fun in there.
Or might just be becacause I wasn't seeing you because I wasn't seeing you because I clicked the wrong button which could definitely what have happened in the wasted statee I wanded around most of the time. lol
Missed you.

Yes Reincartion is incredible.

The Sick House [2008]
I LOVE UK Horror and this is another good example

Anna works against the clock to unlock the secrets of the murderous plague doctor. In a twisted version of Alice Through The Looking Glass, the young people find themselves fighting for their lives - and souls - in a long-forgotten medieval underworld.

An hospital. Didn't have to say anything else. I love movies set in those places so... Cool acting, cool camera work, cool story.

666/10

Haha don't worry Punk, I'm back now!

I love UK horror too, but haven't seen that one. I'll definitely check it out!

Watched Christine last night with Panda

^ I really liked both those movies. Deathdream is a classic that has been overlooked, it has a very poignant message. I must admit I was a little wary at first of the overused monkey's paw story, but I'm glad I watched it. A great movie.

Still need to see the Innkeepers. I quite liked The House of the Devil.

That's cool My Queen, glad to see you're back and seem in great shape, Christine is such an amazing one, being a fan of cars, you can bet I dig it. smile

Can wait to be able to see ace's The Truck.

And Theli, still haven't watched The Innkeepers either. Gotta do it ASAP.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-05-09 16:00:20)

Bloodbath at the house of death

Pop Skull... Adam Wingard is a amazing horror director I cannot wait for You're Next!

Silent House and Re-Animator

THALE [2012] second watch

Man I already loved it the first time but this time even much more.
What a brilliant story and the images are so damn fantastic. When she appears wearing the gas mask out of the bath, when she's eating out of the cans and especially when she gets mad. The ending is just absolutely beautiful. That girl knows how to act. Like H3LL. And the creature design is fantastic. Yup, definitely one of my favorite Norway Horror one.

666.666.666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-05-10 06:33:03)

I watched From Beyond yesterday. Man was that an awesome movie. The story is pretty interesting and chaotic and makes for a fun ride. From Beyond is the perfect 80's horror movie, it basically has everything you want; violence, monsters, sex, humour. It's very surreal and trippy too. But with a combination of Stuart Gordon, Jeffrey Combs and H.P. Lovecraft how could you go wrong?

^^^ Big fan of that flick.  Hopefully you watched the unrated version?

Father's Day - movie rating 5/10, entertainment rating 8/10
I'll give it a 7/10

It was over the too crazy, but a tad too silly for my liking. It was entertaining and gory though and technically is was very well done for the alleged budget. Recommended to grindhouse fans and gorehounds, but I just can't see too many people loving this one as it only appeals to a certain taste. But it has some quick wit oh and did I mention the gore, yah it has lots of gore and gooeyness. And quite a bit of nudity from both genders...and incest.
Enjoy!

Edit: and of course you would know by reading the plot that it involves man on man rape - though it is often quick, it's fairly graphic.

Last edited by Vamp_Slayer (2013-05-10 12:31:15)

JJ wrote:

Pop Skull... Adam Wingard is a amazing horror director I cannot wait for You're Next!

One of my favorite micro-budget indies.  A really creepy little flick that doesn't get enough love.  I am looking forward to You're Next also.

The Body aka El Cuerpo (2012) - Upon her return from a business trip in Los Angeles, femme fatale Mayka Villaverde dies suddenly of a heart attack.  When her body mysteriously disappears from the morgue later that night, detective Jaime Peña and his crew are called into investigate.  Their suspicions naturally fall on her boy-toy husband Alex, who stands to inherit her considerable wealth.  As they question him at the morgue, his answers and actions would seem to be incriminating, but could the strange events that surround the case point to an even more sinister explanation?
Another really well done Spanish thriller.  I've had this one on my list for some time, and was glad to have the opportunity to finally watch it.  It is a long film, but it kept me engaged with plenty of twists and turns along the way and an ending that I definitely did not see coming.  3.5/5.

LoudLon wrote:

^^^ Big fan of that flick.  Hopefully you watched the unrated version?

I imagine so, it was the new blu-ray release.

Rammbock: Berlin Undead (2010)

This is so know siege of the dead (2010) is low budget infected movie from Germany.

I did not expect much from this movie at all but turn out to be surprising good.

Michael as come to see his girlfriend in Berlin but then he finds out that people have infected by this unknown virus. This is only 59 minutes long, just under an hour, this movie was really fast paced and some really good decent tense moment in this movie as well.

The infected were really welled acted and liked the whole foaming thing from mouth and this movie wasn't really gory at all, the bite moment that looked nasty but nothing liked head being torn at all of shot in head.

I really liked the idea of flashes from the camera that was nice turn for the infected movies and there was surprising moment in this movie that I didn't see coming at all,

I really liked that scene. Great acting from the whole but I not sure what of stranger infected hugging Scenes,

I am giving this movie 8 out of 10

Cockneys vs Zombies (2012) 

This as to be one of the best zombies movies I have seen in long time, ones of the funniest zombies movie I ever seen.

I really liked how the movie showed how the whole thing started as most of times movies don't normal show you as it started .

I cannot remember the last time I laughed so much in horror movie, I thought this movie was absolutely Hilarious from start to end of the movie,

there were great really funny jokes in this movie that worked really well and don't fall flat at all.

There were very decent gory moments in this movie that some of the gory will be over the top to make look really funny at the same times.

I thought acting was really good from most of the cast, there were some over the top acting scenes of from some people in the movie but that down side of the movie to me.

I loved this movie!

I am giving this movie 9 out of 10

Just finished Ginger Snaps 3
Emily Perkins is so pretty in this one.

Watching my favorite Argento flick, Tenebrae, right now.

LoudLon wrote:

Watching my favorite Argento flick, Tenebrae, right now.

Watching one now too.
Suspiria

haven't been watching much horror lately and that is partly why i haven't been around on here much recently. been watching women with big knockers in the Andy Sidaris dvd film collection and i finish that on sunday so will be back on the horror course then. i'm glad i've nearly finished them because they are getting boring! thank goodness for Julie Strain!!!!!! tongue

MoonRaven wrote:

you're not bad yourself smile

Finally getting around to watching Mama

recently, I've seen
Evidence.. it was actually not the piece of crap I had pegged it for. As far as the low budget found footage goes--it was pretty good once you got past the annoying characters arguing the first 30 min of the movie. but once it picked up it actually had some twists that I didn't see coming ! especially that last 20 min. 3/5

Lords Of Salem.  Rob Zombie nailed it for me. I thought it was great to see an original film of his. Sherri Moon Zombie did a great job . It had tons of atmosphere , dread, and build up that reminded me of films like The Sentinel and Rosemary's baby. with a dose of  some surreal and disturbing imagery.  5/5

Perfect House
A low budget attempt at a horror anthology .. 2/5

Maniac
A remake of the 80's slasher film..Elijah wood as the psycho who collects scalps and talks to his mannequins. shot in first-person perspective throughout the whole movie. I found it only so-so. I just couldn't buy "Frodo" as the maniac killer.. 

3/5

Last edited by MistressOf Horror (2013-05-10 23:29:00)

MoonRaven wrote:

Just finished Ginger Snaps 3

True. It's my favorite of the series, rocks so much.

THE INNKEEPERS [2011]

Being waiting so long to finally watch it and it didn't deceive me at all, quite the opposite really.
WOW SARAH PAXTON WOWOWOWOW!!! She's so damn awesome in this one it's just great. Girl can freaking deliver awesome performances.
And the whole atmosphere of the flick is definitely sinister and way creepy so yes I was satisfied. What beautiful photography this has it's brilliant. Yup, glad I finally got around to watch it. Enjoyed every second of it.

666.666.666/10

wolfman1959 wrote:

thank goodness for Julie Strain!!!!!! tongue

The Tall Godess RULES!!! Love her too.

I finished Mama, it was so good.  I don't jump to many movies anymore after the thousands of horror movies i've seen but this one made me jump....two good times and just gasped a few times.  They did such a good job on this.

Well I'm glad it's out on DVD now so I'll finally be able to see it.
Del Toro is one of my favorite directors and everything I heard about this was good. Your impressions on it adds to it all so I hope it'll be available here at the start of june. Else I'll be very pissed.

Cabin in the Woods: After a second viewing I have even more appreciation for this film. Not only is it original, fun, entertaining, it also held up well the second time around. I wasn't bored for 1 minute. And that I can appreciate!