Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Underdog wrote:

Leprechaun 2: Gotta love the lil guy, and some of the corny one-liners. Some of the kill scenes are creative enuf, and a descent amount of gore to boot.

5.5/10

Yeesh.  And to think, I voted for you as Coolest Member... neutral

big_smile

Errors of the Human Body. Wow what an impressive debut feature film from Eron Sheean. If you like David Cronenberg you'll enjoy this, real reminiscent of his works.

When a potentially lethal virus is created within his new lab, Dr Geoff Burton is shocked to discover he is not only the unwitting cause, but also its first victim.

Don't expect scares this is a mildly slow burn with a great story and for some reason the soundtrack even impressed me. Really enjoyed this thriller.

8/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iE5GSOkUpI

(Punk see you liked Shuttle I recall loving that one! Very creepy indeed and well done. Dying to see Resolution!)

I wonder if I should feel dirty that I watched Ilsa: She Wolf of The SS and enjoyed some of the scenes with the sexy and underdressed Ilsa?

^^^
No you shouldn't. Nothing dirty about her. Just extremely sexy and well for me, sexy is far from dirty. Everything else is though. lol

Texas Chainsaw.

Friday the 13th Part 3.

The Town That Dreaded Sundown the original and A Day Of Violence.

Long Weekend (2008) (This is a Remake of Long Weekend (1978)

The movies 93 % scene from scenes remake, with some twigs here and there in the movie.

I was not fan of the 1978 movies at all, I found it very boring and dull, I thought the remake would be better, I do think remake was little better then the old one.

I liked how they didn't didn't really drag the first 30 minutes and start movie faster pace the the fist movie, also enjoyed some scenes they added in this movie, I thought it was very decent scenes.

The couple in this movie are not very nice people at all, the nasty one and another and mother nature, I could not get less if they were killed or attacked.

The original had one think this movie never had was some good actors, Annyoing but they could act unlike this actors who were really wooden in most scenes,

The ending of the movie, I thought the ending oringal was funny, this one even funnier and bit more gory as well

5 out of 10

Cat People (1942)

First watch, I have seen remake a few times, which i liked but i not seen the remake for while now, I will be re-watching that again this weekend.

It's took while to get into this movie, I just could not get into the movie at all, I found most of the movie very dull and boring.

There were a few intruding moment that enjoyed here and thee but they were to far apart of each other and I didn't really find anything really creepy for most of the movie untill after 50 mintues of mark of the movie, were we finally get some creepy feel to the movie, that was decent scenes.

I really enjoyed that last few scenes in the movie, I thought it felt really rushed and some effect do look a out dated now , well it's 70 year old movie, it will feel bit out dated.

The acting was really good from the whole cast.

I giving this movie 5 out of 10

The Blob (1958) In Colour .

Not all that bad from black and white Colour, it worked better here, then The Night of the living dead (1968), which was better to see in Black and white.

I really enjoyed this movie, it was a lot of fun and there were some really good decent funny moment in this B-movie and the movie was really paced well, a lot stuff happens and never dull moment to take you off screen.,

The only think that annoyed me a little boy, it so annoying the way he spoke were so bad, it liked it was forced,
Other wises the acting was really good from the whole cast!

I really enjoyed this b-,movie I going to give it 7 out of 10

Now watching  Two Thousand Maniacs! (1964

Last edited by BASSI (2013-05-20 05:33:19)

Hellgate aka Shadows (2011) - After loosing his wife and son in a horrific car crash, Jeff Matthews begins to experience terrifying visions.  With the help of his nurse Choi, he comes to learn of the shadow world that exists between life and death and discovers that his soul is trapped there with those of his wife and son.  As his body begins to fail, Jeff must rejoin his soul with his body and free his family from the shadows or face the possibility of being trapped there forever.
It's not particularly scary, but it does have some creepy visuals, not to mention the beautiful locations in Thailand.  It does have its hokey moments, as well as some bad dialogue, but all in all, a decent flick.  3/5.

Coffin Baby (2013) - A series of bizarre and horrific murders has Hollywood in turmoil.  As Samantha Stevens struggles with the loss of her sister, she finds herself abducted and held captive by her sister's killer.  Now she will witness first hand the bloody work of the killer that has come to be known as Coffin Baby.
Just your average low budget slasher.  No real story or plot with the bad acting that is typical of this type of affair.  And the fact that they shot it digitally only gives it an even cheaper look.  It does however feature plenty of grue, some of it cheesy looking and some of it rather well done.  But that would be about the only highlight.  2.5/5.

Kiss of the Damned (2012) - The vampire Djuna resists the advances of young suitor Paolo, but soon gives in to their passion.  As their passion grows and Paolo is welcomed into the fold, her trouble-making sister unexpectedly comes to visit, threatening Djuna's love, and the whole vampire community.
The film does have a gothic, romantic feel that harkens back to classic vampire themes, but I couldn't shake the feeling that I was watching Twilight for the adult crowd.  Pretty tame as far as vampire flicks go, I just really couldn't get into it at all.  2.5/5.

Has anyone besides me seen Make-Out With Violence?  I would love to hear your thoughts on it.

^I watched it back in 2011 Possum and really enjoyed it.  One of the most original takes on the zombie genre to have come out in quite some time, but definitely one that will not appeal to a lot of zombie fans.  The fact that it is a low budget indie clearly shows, but I thought that they did a great job with it.  I gave it a 3.5/5.  If you haven't already, watch the special features on the disc.  It was really interesting to hear about the film makers and what went into making the film.

Two Thousand Maniacs! (1964)

This is yet another first watch, I not sure what to make of this movie, It might be one of earliest gory movies in horror, not first!

A number of people end in up in crazy town, that the town say the treat them not king and queens, to keen them happy but the truth is that , the town watched them, killed .

First death was did look a bit silly now, with that silly hand that northing like human arm, who get tell the arm was from manquie what ever they called.

The rest of the deaths scene were okay but very strangely, they cut away from deaths scenes that being done done but we see the aftermath.

Some death aftermaths dose not seem to makes sense at all, I Didn't really liked how the movie ended at all.

This movie just very stranger not in good way, I thought was really good.

i give it 5 out of 10

I Saw what you did (1965)

I really enjoyed this movie, the whole movie was really well paced, I did think the plot was little thin for to as long as this movie but it turn to about to really good.

Libby and Kit are doing a number of prank phones call as the messing as they got house by them self, these girl start pranks Saying I saw what you did.

The person they end up calling as done something really bad and he what to know he knew what he did.

I love decent amout of build up to some scenes in the movie, were really effecting and there was very good tense moment in this movie, that have some great atmosphere in then,

The acting in this movie was really good from the whole and I thought the ending was decent, not bad at all, i thougth it would have had a much better ending.

I did like the fact the movie End of the line instead of The End, I don't think spoilers lol

7 out of 10 really good!

Anyone seen this TV Remake 1988

Watched a few scenes from the Night of the Living Dead (1968) in colour. I have nothing against black and white movies, I'm just no purist. It looked kind of... wrong, though. I didn't like the lighting in it, and the black and white just suits it better.

On the other hand, I have seen a pretty good version of The Last Man on Earth which I grabbed on DVD. Seems to make better use of colour. Just depends on what you're in the mood for.

RED VELVET [2008]

Wow, Kelli Gardner is incredible in this very enjoyable piece of work.
There's some so-so stuff but it doesn't make me hate it. Could've been better but could have been much worst.

9/10

The Screaming Skull (1958)

alien25 wrote:

^I watched it back in 2011 Possum and really enjoyed it.  One of the most original takes on the zombie genre to have come out in quite some time, but definitely one that will not appeal to a lot of zombie fans.  The fact that it is a low budget indie clearly shows, but I thought that they did a great job with it.  I gave it a 3.5/5.  If you haven't already, watch the special features on the disc.  It was really interesting to hear about the film makers and what went into making the film.

I don't have the disc, but I have a question about Wendy.  Was that all her acting or were there some special effects in her movements?  I couldn't quite tell.

Pinocchio's Revenge
I was too hard on this film when I first saw it. I absolutely hated it. This second viewing pretty much slaps me in the face. 6/10

Decided to check out Easter Bunny, Kill! Kill! and I've just cursed myself with a difficult viewing. Might go back to watching Snow Beast.

I Spit on Your Grave (1978)

I have tired to watch this ones before but I did put on last in day to watch also this movie dose take while to getting.

The first 20 mins were a little boring and nothing much really happened but after half hour into movie, the rest of the movie very well paced, no boring moment in last hour of the movie.

This movie did seem borrow little from The Last house on left, as revenge after being raped scene was not gruesome but it was still hard to watch at times.

The deaths scenes were not bad but I did expect more painful deaths in this movie and some bloody moment in this movie nothing really gory.

The acting was really good from the whole cast, I felt sorry for the girl and I hated those guys, wanted them suffer more then they did.

Decent movie, One time watch movie.

7 out of 10

^^^
It's good but the 2010 remake is far more gory and brutal. You should watch it. The original is good too but the actress of the remake does it better IMO. Now LoudLon will probably disagree but I don't care. lol

Just the gun in the ass of the cop shooting is worth it.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-05-21 09:02:50)

kXnPunk wrote:

Now LoudLon will probably disagree but I don't care. lol

You know me well, sir. lol

^^^
Yes I do. big_smile

The Tripper

floridapossum wrote:
alien25 wrote:

I don't have the disc, but I have a question about Wendy.  Was that all her acting or were there some special effects in her movements?  I couldn't quite tell.

That was all Wendy.  They actually talk about that in the special features, about how she prepared and what she did to play the role of Wendy.  I thought that she did a fantastic job, not to mention that I also found her to be very attractive.  It is pretty cool, a group of friends from Tennessee got together to make the movie and they literally did everything, from acting, writing to even doing the music.  If I recall correctly, they filmed the movie over the course of about 3 or 4 years.

BASSI wrote:

Two Thousand Maniacs! (1964)

This is yet another first watch, I not sure what to make of this movie, It might be one of earliest gory movies in horror, not first!

A number of people end in up in crazy town, that the town say the treat them not king and queens, to keen them happy but the truth is that , the town watched them, killed .

First death was did look a bit silly now, with that silly hand that northing like human arm, who get tell the arm was from manquie what ever they called.

The rest of the deaths scene were okay but very strangely, they cut away from deaths scenes that being done done but we see the aftermath.

Some death aftermaths dose not seem to makes sense at all, I Didn't really liked how the movie ended at all.

This movie just very stranger not in good way, I thought was really good.

i give it 5 out of 10

2001 Maniacs (2005)

This is a lot different of that The original and this movie a lot more campy then I thought it was going to be and Don't think The original was even that campy, it did feel a little bit more serious.

This movie filled was filled a number of annoying horny teenagers (Who can not act to save their lives, really wooden acting form this youngers) found it town and course just like The original they killed one by one.

The kills in this movie, was a lot more gory in this remake, I really liked some of the death in scenes movie and some of have just a little funny as well

I didn't mind how they changed the ending of movie a little but preferred The original ending better, I just found ending to be really funny, I felt like I watching wrong turn movie.

And some parts of the movie, not all, The scripts was really poor at times, it just the stuff these people were just right for things that happen in those scenes.

4 out of 10

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
It's good but the 2010 remake is far more gory and brutal. You should watch it. The original is good too but the actress of the remake does it better IMO. Now LoudLon will probably disagree but I don't care. lol

Just the gun in the ass of the cop shooting is worth it.

I thought I had bought this a while ago but couldn't find my copy, then earlier today I found under my bed. A little strange, but I'm down.