Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Ok, I'm writing this as Resolution is playing in the background and i have to say it is taking it's toll on me, and not in a good way. Really disappointed. I keep watching just because i want to see how it ends up but I think  the acting is horrible, so many things happen for no apparent reason  or characters pop up in the same fashion (the guy wanting to buy the shack?). I'm about 56 min in. I read so many good write ups too but I'm just not feeling it. Strange and disjointed.

I don't know maybe it will all make sense at the end but I'm kind of doubting it. I'll post again once it's done. LOL!

Sorry to all you fans this was one of the worst I've seen in a while.

2/10

p.s. can someone comment or send me a note on why you liked it? I just saw a trailer on youtube and almost everyone just raved and raved? Unless those were friends of the director. LOL.....I just didnt get it.

Last edited by JoeTerror (2013-05-21 20:37:51)

Watched The Day the other night, I think I forgot to post. It's on FearNet onDemand. Anyway, liked the look and feel of it and think it may be a director to watch but my problem was I kind of wanted more back story and maybe even a bit more blood and guts. Oh, and a lot of the action took place in very bad lighting so it was hard to see what was going on. Held my interest though.

A group of five survivors, wander the back roads of a ravaged landscape looking for refuge  in The Day, a terrifying look into a post-apocalyptic future.

6/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDXzVgMihvs

BASSI wrote:

I Saw what you did (1965)

I really enjoyed this movie, the whole movie was really well paced, I did think the plot was little thin for to as long as this movie but it turn to about to really good.

Libby and Kit are doing a number of prank phones call as the messing as they got house by them self, these girl start pranks Saying I saw what you did.

The person they end up calling as done something really bad and he what to know he knew what he did.

I love decent amout of build up to some scenes in the movie, were really effecting and there was very good tense moment in this movie, that have some great atmosphere in then,

The acting in this movie was really good from the whole and I thought the ending was decent, not bad at all, i thougth it would have had a much better ending.

I did like the fact the movie End of the line instead of The End, I don't think spoilers lol

7 out of 10 really good!

Anyone seen this TV Remake 1988

Yeah me now lol

I Saw What You Did (1988)

This actually a TV remake, The plot some-what the same but there a lot different from movies.

This was felt little more face paced the the older black and white movie but I didn't really find any of these movie that creepy at the whole.

First i just found some of the script in this movie was ever weak, Some lines in this movie don't make sense at all. I Know it TV movie, Come on.

The acting in this movie was not that good at all, I thought everyone acting in this movie very wooden from most of the cast.

I not sure what to think of that cheap ending at all if wanted to get scared of that it was wrong done and it didn't work, I found that last scenes really silly.

Not near as good as The original

As this was TV remake there are rumors of yet another remake of this.

4 out of 10

JoeTerror wrote:

Ok, I'm writing this as Resolution is playing in the background and i have to say it is taking it's toll on me, and not in a good way. Really disappointed. I keep watching just because i want to see how it ends up but I think  the acting is horrible, so many things happen for no apparent reason  or characters pop up in the same fashion (the guy wanting to buy the shack?). I'm about 56 min in. I read so many good write ups too but I'm just not feeling it. Strange and disjointed.

I don't know maybe it will all make sense at the end but I'm kind of doubting it. I'll post again once it's done. LOL!

2/10

p.s. can someone comment or send me a note on why you liked it? I just saw a trailer on youtube and almost everyone just raved and raved? Unless those were friends of the director. LOL.....I just didnt get it.

Here is what I thought about it.

http://www.horror-movies.ca/Forum/viewt … 12#p654312

It is definitely not going to be everyone's cup of tea.  I was kind of scratching my head by the end, so I tried to find out more about the film and its ending.  Some interesting theories out there, but I ended up listening to a pod-cast with the directors who said that if you pay attention, every thing is explained in the movie.  Everything that happens and all of the clues that are presented along the way tell you exactly what the "It" is at the end of the film.  I guess that I didn't pay close enough attention because I am still confused.  But I definitely plan on giving it a second watch.  I know that Punk really liked it, so he may have more to say about it.

Warm Bodies (2013) - After eating the brain of her boyfriend Perry, Zombie R becomes an unlikely hero when he saves Julie from the zombie pack.  Protecting her from the other zombies, they form an unusual bond, one which sets in motion a series of events that could transform a lifeless world.
A feel good zombie flick.  Yeah, it is corny and mushy, but it is also entertaining, fun and just well done.  3.5/5.

Favorite line: "Nice watch..." lol

The hitch hiker.(30min)
An animated adaptation of the 1940's Orson Welles/Mercury Theater radio episode.

Just finished watching:

The Silence of the Lambs

^^^
What a great masterpiece it is.

THE BAT WHISPERS [1930]

What another nice old school one. Loving the old school images. And pretty nice story and acting. A very fun one to watch. I'm pleased. smile

666.666/10

Re-animator

funny games

BASSI wrote:

The Blob (1958) In Colour .

Not all that bad from black and white Colour, it worked better here, then The Night of the living dead (1968), which was better to see in Black and white.

I really enjoyed this movie, it was a lot of fun and there were some really good decent funny moment in this B-movie and the movie was really paced well, a lot stuff happens and never dull moment to take you off screen.,

The only think that annoyed me a little boy, it so annoying the way he spoke were so bad, it liked it was forced,
Other wises the acting was really good from the whole cast!

I really enjoyed this b-,movie I going to give it 7 out of 10

The Blob (1988)

Now this is what you call a great remake, I didn't think it would be as good as the old one but WOW.

I liked liked how this movie kind of change some of the story, and this blob was a lot more scary and Gooey-er .

The effect in this movies, I so great, I was shocked at almost every deaths scenes in this movie, loved each one.

Also liked how they some scenes from  original  and made it their own at the same time.

I wasn't to keen on ending, I just that was not need in this movie.

Great fun movie, Awesome remake

9 out of 10  ,

Is the remake still in work?

Home Sweet Home (2013) - Returning home from a date, a young couple discover that they are not alone.  A methodical killer has set up shop in their rural home awaiting their return.
There are actually two films  from 2013 with the same name, both of which are basically home invasion flicks.  I've had one on my list for awhile now, but unfortunately the movie I watched turned out to be the wrong one.  But on the flip side, it didn't really matter as it turned out that this one was actually a pretty creepy little flick.  It is a bit bleak, but it does feature good tension and suspense with a nice little twist ending.  3.5/5.

Mother of Tears.
Pretty good.
Remember seeing it last year some time.
Watched it again to go along with the trilogy.

The Thing

Just wanted to mention something that has been kind of bothering me after looking up Keith David (Childs), apart from saying how good the movie is yada yada yada.

There's no way he was 26 back when it was filmed. He's listed online (like on imdb) as being 56. That has to be 10 years off - he looks to be in his mid 30s in the movie.

Random, but annoying me! Closest proof I've seen was an interview online (dated 4 or 5 years ago) that said he was 62 then.

Last edited by Chomper (2013-05-23 18:23:27)

I thought the same thing, Chomp, but it's true.  I couldn't believe he was so young during that movie because he comes off as so much older, but, sure enough...

MoonRaven wrote:

Mother of Tears.
Pretty good.
Remember seeing it last year some time.
Watched it again to go along with the trilogy.

That trilogy is one of my favorite ever. Yes I dig Mother Of Tears as much as the 2 other ones. Yeah, sue me.

PLANET OF THE VAMPIRES [1965]

Man Bava's movies are such a damn trip. And this one which is totally Sci-Fi Horror, a style I truely love is just a true blast. That italian dude rocks. Very enjoyable one. Like most of his stuff.

666.666/10

JoeTerror wrote:

2/10

The extremely amazing performance of the 2 actors did it for me.
And I like a good dope related flick. Wonder why... big_smile
But, I have VERY strange tastes so it's very possible that someone could hate it. Like you did.

Manborg - cartoonish, cheesy, gory, violent, fun and all around awesome. Amazing that it was made for only $2000. 8/10

LoudLon wrote:

I thought the same thing, Chomp, but it's true.  I couldn't believe he was so young during that movie because he comes off as so much older, but, sure enough...

Wow, I was convinced he had to be older. He just aged strangely.

Easter Bunny, Kill! Kill! 6/10

The Abominable Mr Phibes (1971). Man this guy is the original Jigsaw, and perhaps even better. Whats more he owns the organ and is played by the great Vincent Price. What a guy.

I give this film a 9/10.

Extra Kudos for leading me to this great song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP-0geORbvM

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-05-24 16:56:18)

Deep Red. Just baught it big_smile Watching Excision at the moment. Got some other new dvds to watch after this one big_smile

Chop 6/10

so over the top but a fun good time !!! loved it !!!

The Hills Have Eyes '06

so bad.