Re: Last horror movie you watched?

^^^ That's one of my admitted guilty pleasures.  If that flick had come out ten years earlier it probably would have been a big hit. lol

Hello everyone,

I am brand new to the Forum, but definitely not a stranger to horror. I would like to chime in and say that the last 2 films I saw was 2 nights ago. I had the pleasure of watching Return of the Living Dead, and Spookies (one of my guilty pleasures). Spookies always gets to me for some reason. Muckmen are still hilarious after all these years. And of course i love the soundtrack from ROTLD.

I too was a fan of Dr. Giggles, and enjoyed it when i first saw it. smile

-Cheezo

Vasquez wrote:
UltraViolence wrote:

Just finished I saw the devil. Now watching My soul to take. Man i'm gonna be tired in the morning!

What did you think of I Saw The Devil. I was seriously impressed with that one.

One of the most nasty, brutal films I've ever seen. I love it. I wrote a review on my blog.

http://uvworldofhorror.blogspot.co.uk/2 … devil.html If you're interested.

Livide. Great film, lots of blood. Quite tragic too. Enjoyed it and its a must buy for me now.

Watched The Omen (1976)
That Damien is a little bugger tongue

UltraViolence wrote:
Vasquez wrote:
UltraViolence wrote:

Just finished I saw the devil. Now watching My soul to take. Man i'm gonna be tired in the morning!

What did you think of I Saw The Devil. I was seriously impressed with that one.

One of the most nasty, brutal films I've ever seen. I love it. I wrote a review on my blog.

http://uvworldofhorror.blogspot.co.uk/2 … devil.html If you're interested.

Very cool review miss. And I LOOOVE your profile pict. smile
I always mix this one up with Devil Inside which I didn't like at all. One of the very rare ones with the one that cannot be named-sist. big_smile

MoonRaven wrote:

Watched The Omen (1976)
That Damien is a little bugger tongue

Classic horror film. The jewel in the crown was getting a non horror actor, Gregory Peck..

For me it added realism to the movie. If you can have realism in horror. But you get my meaning.

LoudLon wrote:

^^^ That's one of my admitted guilty pleasures.  If that flick had come out ten years earlier it probably would have been a big hit. lol

I agree, if it would have been released in the 80's it def. would be a lot more popular now days.

Thale - not at all what I was expecting, but overall it's a great movie. Wish some of the CGI would have been a little better though. 7/10

Eden Lake - seen it several times but it still manages to be effective after multiple viewings. Def. one of my favorite British horror films. 8/10

The Appointment (1981) - Called away on an urgent business trip, Ian will regrettably miss his 15 year old daughter's concert the following evening.  This news does not sit well with Joanne, so she and her "Friends" conspire to let Ian know just how unhappy they are with his unplanned absence.
This one is definitely a slow burn with very little action, plot development or backstory, but it is also effectively creepy at times, reminding me a bit of the original Omen.  3/5.

Welcome! Everyone is great on here and offer great suggestions, etc. have fun!

Cheezo wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am brand new to the Forum, but definitely not a stranger to horror. I would like to chime in and say that the last 2 films I saw was 2 nights ago. I had the pleasure of watching Return of the Living Dead, and Spookies (one of my guilty pleasures). Spookies always gets to me for some reason. Muckmen are still hilarious after all these years. And of course i love the soundtrack from ROTLD.

I too was a fan of Dr. Giggles, and enjoyed it when i first saw it. smile

-Cheezo

What happens to a group of travelers who are in an underground nightclub in Chile when a massive earthquake hits? Hint: Nothing good!

Just finished Aftershock and was not impressed at all. Almost turned it off to be honest. Felt like I was watching a bad movie on syfy. I have to say the beginning was like a travelogue for Chile and made me want to visit. The rest, meh. Eli better get back on track.

4/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … x5yTUi-wvY

Lords of Salem. I'm not a big Rob Zombie fan and hated his Halloween but this kind of looked intriguing. Well, it's got some good imagery, and held my interest but overall another weak film from him.

5/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT14gtUCNw8

THE LOVELY BONES [2009] rewatch

What a really awesome one from sir Jackson. It's definitely underated because the imagery is wonderfully beautiful, the acting from Wahlberg, rachel Weisz, Susan Sarendon and the incredibleSoirse Ronan are just fantastic. Cruel and very toucjing story. An amazing little piece.

Girl gets killed and moves to another world. Bravo.

666.666.666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-05-29 01:09:38)

High Tension. I really liked it. The twist was good but also kind of confusing.

Hi there. I'm new here so please be gentle.

The last horror movie I watched was Zombie's The Lords of Salem. I really dug The Devil's Rejects but I've liked each of his movies less-and-less since. So I had high hopes he would bring me back into the fold with Salem.

Despite the striking visuals, design, and cinematography, Salem was a big disappointment for me. Two things really hurt him here: a really bad story / script and his wife.

I would give it a 2 out of 10.

Wesley

JoeTerror wrote:

What happens to a group of travelers who are in an underground nightclub in Chile when a massive earthquake hits? Hint: Nothing good!

Just finished Aftershock and was not impressed at all. Almost turned it off to be honest. Felt like I was watching a bad movie on syfy. I have to say the beginning was like a travelogue for Chile and made me want to visit. The rest, meh. Eli better get back on track.

4/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … x5yTUi-wvY

He was never on-track for me!.

In regards to Aftershock the trailer for it gives me no hope. Looks like its a Hangover/extended music video for the first half n hour to me.

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-05-29 14:23:52)

WesleyCraigGreen wrote:

Hi there. I'm new here so please be gentle.

The last horror movie I watched was Zombie's The Lords of Salem. I really dug The Devil's Rejects but I've liked each of his movies less-and-less since. So I had high hopes he would bring me back into the fold with Salem.

Despite the striking visuals, design, and cinematography, Salem was a big disappointment for me. Two things really hurt him here: a really bad story / script and his wife.

I would give it a 2 out of 10.

Wesley

Welcome to the site Wesley.
And don't worry, no one is going to bite your head off here, this site is not like that.  So stick around and enjoy the mayhem. smile

Spasmo (1974) - Fun title, stupid movie!  1.5/5.

Silent Night

House Of The Devil

the original:
My Bloody Valentine!

my wife hated it, but of course, I loved it!

It's not bad, I prefer the remake though.

I, 9 times out of 10 prefer originals.  Only remake off the top of my head I like better is The Thing, which isn't fair because John Carpenter is like a movie god. 

Watching:

Dark Skies

Blade

Well, I had DL'ed Devil Times Five (1974) to refresh myself on it (haven't seen it since my teens and was considering it for a future "Ten Horror Movies Which Deserve More Attention" list) but when I tried to play it, the damn file was corrupted.  Even VLC couldn't fix it.

Pissed me off.  If I wanted to pirate something that didn't work, I'd steal my sister's ex-boyfriend.

Village of the Damned (1960)

I have tired to watch this one before but I just could not get into at time so, I gave this movie another go

I thought it was decent movie, it had some really good creepy moment with kid scenes but the rest of the movie did little tame at times.

I really enjoyed last 20 mixtures of movie and number of things gong at the same time but I wish there more to the aftermath of movie. just to end it after that.

The acting was decent from the whole cast

5 out of 10

When A stranger calls (This is second I have tried get into this movie, I just can't seem get into this movie at all, I will be giving this a go today and remake as well

Carrie (2002) I also been reading the book and I so gave this movie another watch.

I really enjoyed - Min-in -series that turned into a movie, I thought add a lot of decent stuff that missing from the first movie

I really the whole movie and liked the interview parts of the movie as well, they well made at and pace wasn't to bad at all

Some of effect of the movie were a little odd in this movie but i don't think there were that bad at all and acting was really good from most of the cast some wooden acting from some cast.

i was a little dissapoting they didn't follow the book again and I didn't really like how this movie ended at all.

This was decent movie 6 out of 10 not as good as the first one but this a is a lot more closer to the book!