Re: Last horror movie you watched?

^^^
Village Of The Damned is awesome, so is Carrie. And I agree that some of the effects were weird in Carrie 2, the weird tattoo being what comes up first in my head everytime I hear the name.

Another great 2009 one. To me it's DEFINITELY the best Horror year ever. I haven't found one yet that isn't extremely cool and I watched a whole bunch of them.

FORGET ME NOT [2009] rewatch

I first got this DVD without hearing or seeing anything about it but it features Brittany Finamore that I just LOOOOOOVED in Pulse 3 so when I saw that Bella Thorne was in it too well I went right up to the cash thingy to pay for it. And I wasn't turned down at all, quite the opposite. Extremely cool Ghost story that I always like. The make ups and prostetics are just incredible. Very nice images. I like the ending twist, a very nice way to finish it. Another cool 2009 one. Damn, there's like a huge bunch and I saw about 1/4 of them, still pretty nice ones to check out I'm sure.

666.666.666/10

http://www.chud.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/fmn1.png

I saw "American Mary" last night.  God love the Soska Sisters.  Their movies are so much fun.  And Katharine Isabelle is awesome in the film!

^I can't wait to watch that movie.

I watched a couple of interesting flicks yesterday.

First up was Chillerama. Despite knowing more or less what to expect from this movie I was still surprised by how over the top and ridiculous it was, and also how gay it was. And not just the I Was A Teenage Werebear segment. But man was it funny too. Sometimes it felt like the jokes were wearing themselves thin before each segment was complete, but overall it was enjoyable. The segment tying everything together was pretty awesome too. That said I might not be watching it for a while.

Also watched Funny Games (2007) yesterday. It's hardly a horror movie per se, but it has some very disturbing scenes. Most of the violence is done off camera, but the impact of the violence is still fully felt. I also find it interesting how one of the characters breaks the fourth wall. It makes the film have a more surreal tinge to it. It's quite slow though, there are long uncut scenes with no dialogue that probably last a full 5 minutes.

I prefer the original Funny Games.  It's by the same writer/director, only in Austrian.  And for some reason I feel like it just works better as a foreign film.  When I watched the '07 remake it was like watching the '98 remake of Psycho -- hits all the same beats but just felt wrong. lol

I liked Funny Games.  I wrote a review of it back in the day and it may actually be on this site somewhere.  Oh yeah, here it is: http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_reviews_4956.htm

As for Chillerama, I actually invested some money in Tim Sullivan's next film, so if/when you hear of The Poet In Exile opening at a theater near you, go and see it. (It's based on Ray Manzarek's novel that speculates what would happen if Jim Morrison didn't die and chose now to come out of hiding 40 years after his 'death'.)

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Village Of The Damned is awesome, so is Carrie. And I agree that some of the effects were weird in Carrie 2, the weird tattoo being what comes up first in my head everytime I hear the name.

Another great 2009 one. To me it's DEFINITELY the best Horror year ever. I haven't found one yet that isn't extremely cool and I watched a whole bunch of them.

it's Carrie (2002) I saw not the sequel, Not the sequel, I have sequel,it was not to bad lol

and I am about watch Village Of The Damned (1995)

When A stranger calls (1979)

I have tired to watch this movie twice before, I just could fully get into the movie.

I really enjoyed the first half of movie, there were decent creepy scenes in this movie, and nice way of making you jump even when nothing much it going on.

What did not like about this movie is that middle part of the movie, I was really bored and some scenes kinda of drag on and on, I bored to death, I made turn the last two times .

Then it's  picks up again after slow middle part of the movie and the last 20 mins of the movie really good and it finally grab back into the movie again.

There were very good scene and very well paced in later part of the movie and some really good tense moment in near just like the movie started.

The last scene in the movie was perfect, I love had everything from creepy, tension and shocking moment and really well acted.

6 out of 10

Will be watching the remake on Sunday also will be seeing  both Funny Games movies  this weekend,  for first time

v/h/s

That's four posts in a row of you pimping your project.  One such post is enough.  Don't do it again.

^^^
Yeah freaking buttheads like this shoyld die painfully.

DARK CORNERS [2006] rewatch another of the lot I did of this.

Thora Birch that I love a lot in a very weird and fucked up story. Really. Amazing photography which gives us fantastic images on screen.
Full of surprising twists and turns. You never know what to expecy which I like very much in a movie. Another great watch. big_smile

666.666.666/10

John Dies At The End okay so this is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. I was hooked from the start. I love how bizzare it is. Im going to have to read the book now

Just finished Blood Feast on YouTube.
So god awful it was amazingly awesome! The script. The acting! The make-up! I've seen better high school musicals! But I loved every terrible moment!

MAMA-

I enjoyed the story, and the acting was pretty decent too. I just couldn't fully get into the movie. Probably too tired from a long week. Think I will give it another go sometime.

Last edited by Underdog (2013-06-01 18:06:34)

Village of the Damned (1995)

Frist of all, I Don't The original was even that good but at least kept in in and moved forward and at more creepy feel to the movie.

I did think movie would be better as John Carpenter did this remake, So I looking forward to it but soon as the movie started I knew this movie not going to be good.

I didn't really like how they kinda chnage the story and gave really lame back story to kids being bored, there not one moment did have this kids creepy or scary at all, it was tame from start to end and never feel moved forward as the movie was such their

I thought this was going to be a lot more better, so how they about to die, we actually see the death scenes in this movie, seen before and the aftermath but not when happens, it cuts way to the kids was lights in there eyes.

The acting was really wooden by some of the main cast, I don't maybe they took make this more main stream movie,

I think must worst John carpenter movie but a least movie wasn't boring, it maybe a little intruded how the movie going pan out, even that ending was a load of rubbish.

2 out of 10

When a Stranger call (2006)

Well, What I find odd that, It took me 3 times to see The original in full but this remake, watched in one full sitting.

So the start of original movie as expected for most of the movie, we also get little story of murder before and then Girl ends up baby sitting we also get she little bit about self before she goes into the house.

While she was house for first 15 mins with walking around with some noise here and there, I thought there were some decent suspens moment there but then when Friends end ups breaking in, with out even knowing.

After the movie kind of lost suspense it had and just got little boring until the latter part of the movie, when things start to happen and I do think Music should have been added to those scenes, It kinda took the esge of those scenes away.

Well the last scenes from the movie were really pointless and didn't really add anything to the movie, only one lame scace scene was not even real.

The acting was not great but it more then watch -able, so it not really bad.

I had some mixed feeling the original, I didn't think was great but still better then remake which also had it moment here and there.

4 out of 10

Underdog, can't wait to be able to see it. Looks insane.

BASSI, I prefer the remake much more, Camilla Belle is just amazing and the killer is very creepy. Love the scene where she tears off her hair in the door AND when she's in the water. Gotta love girls in wet shirts. lol
Very rad flick I think.

Just watched the first 10 minutes of the new Texas Chainsaw film and couldn't get past 15 minutes off it. SO bad.

Hahaha
No wonder. Not thinking I'll watch this one soon. Got much more interesting stuff especially from 2009 than that... So there. Might be a long while and probably will. Hey I like weird stuff than a bad reviews remake better. Crazy me. lol

Wrong Turn 5 Bloodlines - it sucked

Vasquez wrote:

Just watched the first 10 minutes of the new Texas Chainsaw film and couldn't get past 15 minutes off it. SO bad.

Me either.  I've been told the second half picks up a bit so I'll be giving it another chance, just not any time really soon. lol

Just finished the Bonus disc of The Shining and man it is just too nice.

Like Mister X director of photo said, in this, you NEVER really know where the danger is comming because his use of wide lens gives us all the room space and you can't say where it's gonna come from and that is very scary. Very cool words by Spielberg which were very interesting.

Very Happy of that addition to my collection. Will rewatch the whole movie later with commentaries on, that's for sure.

Kubrick RULES!!!

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Yeah freaking buttheads like this shoyld die painfully.

DARK CORNERS [2006] rewatch another of the lot I did of this.

Thora Birch that I love a lot in a very weird and fucked up story. Really. Amazing photography which gives us fantastic images on screen.
Full of surprising twists and turns. You never know what to expecy which I like very much in a movie. Another great watch. big_smile

666.666.666/10

I absolutely loved this movie when it came out. Still need to buy it on DVD though. Very simple sets, but it's really dark and I love the lighting and atmosphere.

revengebiteme wrote:

John Dies At The End okay so this is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. I was hooked from the start. I love how bizzare it is. Im going to have to read the book now

I watched this a few days ago. I had decided to read the book first that's why I put it off for a while. But damn was I surprised how well the movie turned out. Very entertaining and considering how much shit goes down in the book I was impressed that Don Coscarelli was able to make a semi-cohesive film. Loved it.

Deadly Friend- quite possibly one of the dumbest horror films ever made but admittedly it's a guilty pleasure of mine.

Texas Chainsaw 3-D - 6.5/10

Meh. It was fun watching a new TCM movie, but in truth, it wasn't exactly a good quality sequel. I still enjoyed seeing the film nonetheless. Letter Grade: C+

Suspiria_89 wrote:

Deadly Friend- quite possibly one of the dumbest horror films ever made but admittedly it's a guilty pleasure of mine.

It's the exploding head basketball decapitation, man.  Dumb as that movie is, that's got to be one of the coolest damn kills in all of 80s horror. lol

The Burning

Mama - 8/10
An all around solid creepy, supernatural horror movie with a decent cast and a good ghost story.

Last edited by The Creature (2013-06-02 18:28:06)