Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Eraserhead and original House on Haunted Hill

vhs

Fiend without a face.
For the time (1958) the gore was probably shocking.

ABC's of Death (2013)

My god this was a bit of a chore to get through. Out of 26 segments there were about 6 that I thought were impressive, to varying degrees - N for Nuptials,  T for Toilet, S for Speed, D for Dogfight, Q for Quack and P for Pressure. Ti West's and Jason Eisner's segments, amongst a lot of other forgettable efforts were in particular pretty bad and really drag the film down.

4/10 overall.

After watching this and V/H/S I think I will stick to excellent old school anthologies like Mario Bava's Black Sabbath.

hellrat wrote:

Fiend without a face.

An effectively fun movie though, in that 50's b movie way.

Vasquez wrote:
hellrat wrote:

Fiend without a face.

An effectively fun movie though, in that 50's b movie way.

Agreed.

Grave Encounters

^^^
This is a MASTERPIECE!!!

FEAST [2005] rewatch

Holy H3LL what a fun and great one. And damn, it's got Super Rollins in it and he's always EXTREMELY badass. Pretty nice special effects/make-up/prosthetics. Pretty wild story with cool lines during all of it. Yup, fun as mad one.

666.666.666/10

Rollins was the only thing I liked about Feast.  But then I'm a massive Hank the Tank fan, so, my opinion may be a touch on the subjective side. lol

^^Wasn't Rollins in one of the Wrong Turn movies too?

^^^
Hahaha yeah.
That's why Wrong Turn 2 is my favorite of them all.
Along with Elisa too HOT Dushku in the first.

The Tank rules all.
ROLLINS FOR PRESIDENT!!! lol

^^HA! Nevermind @Punk just answered my question! big_smile

Coffin Rock  4/10
  not the greatest. the characters all fell short for me

Stoker 8/10
really liked this film, quirky, quiet, subtle but oh so good

Last Kind Words 7/10
It was not your typical ghost story. more like a doomed love story

Reverb  5/10
I really  cant give an accurate rating since I didn't watch it all the way through.. I didn't care for this one. It was pretty boring and I fell asleep

Hellraiser (1987) - 7.5/10

The House by the Cemetery (1981) - 9/10

Friday the 13th Part IV: The Final Chapter! Watched it with The Creature on a Skype call....Crispin Glover's dancing is truly priceless.

Hatchet (2006) Every time I see this movie, I enjoy even more then the last time, it has everything and I liked to see in slasher, loved it  10/10

Hatchet 2 (2010) This is actually my second time, I have not seen since first time I saw, I was
really disappointing with this movie and I actually liked this less then the last time I saw it!

There missing something from the first movie and I think gore was actually step down from the first movie, I think, it took time for some gory moment in this, I didn't really find it all that fun.
5/10,. I wasn't really happy about the re-cast!

Off to SEE number 3

Last edited by BASSI (2013-06-13 11:02:10)

hellrat wrote:

Fiend without a face.

Yep, it's a good film, that.

Watched John Dies at the End again, still love it. Hardly horror (other than some specific scenes) but damn fun.

As well as Manborg, made by some local Canadians, it was a riot. Really stupid and over the top with bad FX, but just a lot of fun too. It's short too, only and hour. A total tribute to 80's movies.

a piece of utter crap/ bollocks entitled " Strippers versus Werewolves" (2011). i got exactly what i deserved watching this crap absolutely nothing. straight into my all time top 10 worst horror films. not one redeeming feature. This film almost makes me ashamed to be British. 1/10

I didn't enjoy the Hatchet movies, not really sure why. Maybe because I didn't see Crowley as a great killer. Still, will check out the third one when it comes out.

wolfman1959 wrote:

a piece of utter crap/ bollocks entitled " Strippers versus Werewolves" (2011). i got exactly what i deserved watching this crap absolutely nothing. straight into my all time top 10 worst horror films. not one redeeming feature. This film almost makes me ashamed to be British. 1/10

lol I watched that a while ago. I HATED it aswell. I gave a -10  score myself.

Just finished The Woman man that movie sucked

Chomper wrote:

I didn't enjoy the Hatchet movies, not really sure why.

I didn't either, but I actually DO know why:

1. Horrible actors (save the nerdy "hero" guy, the only novel thing about the flick)
2. Forced humor
3. Cardboard characters
4. Poor pacing
5. Overall stupidity

I don't like Adam Green as a filmmaker.  I view him as a notch below Eli Roth who, despite his tendency to over-sell his own shit, is at least a knowledgeable and articulate fan of the genre.  Any interview I've seen with Green, he comes off as one of those guys who in high school thought it was funny to pick his nose and show it to you.  And while there may be an audience for that, I'm not part of it. lol

Resident Evil: Retribution

LoudLon wrote:
Chomper wrote:

I didn't enjoy the Hatchet movies, not really sure why.

I didn't either, but I actually DO know why:

1. Horrible actors (save the nerdy "hero" guy, the only novel thing about the flick)
2. Forced humor
3. Cardboard characters
4. Poor pacing
5. Overall stupidity

I don't like Adam Green as a filmmaker.  I view him as a notch below Eli Roth who, despite his tendency to over-sell his own shit, is at least a knowledgeable and articulate fan of the genre.  Any interview I've seen with Green, he comes off as one of those guys who in high school thought it was funny to pick his nose and show it to you.  And while there may be an audience for that, I'm not part of it. lol

I couldn't have said it better myself.