Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Finishing up:

Halloween 5

Cropsey

Watching this now, I can't believe it been 4 year today where kind of pop died sad  ,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnqjkJTMaA

Last edited by BASSI (2013-06-25 04:09:45)

Foxy Brown. Two words Pam Grier: Sexy Muma big_smile

8/10

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-06-25 04:36:41)

The ABC's of Death (Netflix): I've only made it to "E" so far and there are a few good one's, as well as a few not so good ones.

Dead Ball (Netflix): A former baseball phenom lands in a reform school and is forced to play ball for the reformatory team. This movie is very reminiscent of another film: Battlefield Baseball. Only this one makes more sense. It's pretty much a over the top Asian movie from Sushi Typhoon, that doesn't take itself too seriously. Fun watch.
6/10

Hatchet 2: (Second watch) Not nearly as entertaining to watch as the first. And I did enjoy the first installment. A few good kills, but besides that, it didn't add much to the story line.
5.5/10

^^^
Man I can't wait to see Hatchet 3 and Danielle Harris, MY Scream Queen. Looks amazing from what I seen from it.

THE HOLE [2009]

Man, I enjoyed this one more than the 2001 one with Thora Birch. And Haley Bennet is much sexier. Liked the effects a lot but the story was just amazingly ultra freaking cool. Excellent acting, Haley RULES!!!
Very fun, finally got to see it and I was waiting for that since a long time. Happy me. big_smile

666.666.666/10

Underdog wrote:

The ABC's of Death (Netflix): I've only made it to "E" so far and there are a few good one's, as well as a few not so good ones.

I think my favorite was "D" for dogfight.

kXnPunk wrote:

THE HOLE [2009]

I might check this out today, its also on Netflix if anyone else is interested.

Juan of the Dead - awesome and hilarious zombie movie. highly recommend it. 8/10

^^Juan of the Dead was awesome!

Mountaintop Motel Massacre

Took several sittings to finish. The pacing is hell and a mile, but it was kind of enjoyable anyway. 5/10

Vasquez wrote:

Foxy Brown. Two words Pam Grier: Sexy Muma big_smile

8/10

Funny, I just watched Coffy last night. Thinking about watching Foxy Brown or The Mack tonight, I've been on a blaxploitation kick latley. I also couldn't agree anymore Pam Grier sure is sexy.

Just watched They Live. What an amazing movie. the cinematography was great, I love the wide angle shots. The story was fantastic too, and very poignant, perhaps moreso now. and it also has some great action and funny lines.

Well I am about to watch OUT OF CONTENTION.

Good, creepy, suspense flick starring our beloved Bewitched,  Elizabeth Montgomery! smile

Just finished up; ABC's of Death-  What a fantastic film! Not all the segments were good, but all-in-all they wore worth a watch, and most of them were good. There was something for everyone in this movie. Comedy, splatter, gore, and weirdness.

7/10

Night of the Living Dead '68.  Still a stark and shocking flick after 45 years and countless viewings.

ILS - THEM [2006]

Woah man, one of the creepiest french films I've seen, everything is just full of tension in this. And an insanely great light and shadow play it's got. And the actors are fantastic. Yup, creepy, very. Loved the story too.

Wonder what took me so long to see this.

666.666.666/10

kXnPunk wrote:

ILS - THEM [2006]

Woah man, one of the creepiest french films I've seen, everything is just full of tension in this. And an insanely great light and shadow play it's got. And the actors are fantastic. Yup, creepy, very. Loved the story too.

666.666.666/10

I have been wanting to see this movie for awhile now just don't know how to watch it. One of these days I will find a way or stop being a cheap skate

Kiss Of The Vampire (1963) ok but the ending really hurts it 6/10

The Last Exorcism 2

Maniac (2012) saw Comcast was offering to rent it on demand the same day it arrived in theaters.  So happy to be watching this.  Because it's theatrical, though, the rental is 8 bucks vs 6 bucks (HD) but for 2 extra bucks to support horror, money well spent.  I didn't even like The Last Exorcism Part 2 but was glad to pay 6 to watch it.  Supporting horror makes me happy!

Edit, after finishing up Maniac, all I have to say is, "holy crap".  It was an extremely well acted movie, loyal remake, violent and gruesome as anything and just a fun time.  I highly, highly recommend it.  I'm uploading a video review to youtube as I type this.  I won't flood with links but my youtube name is: placebobsh so check it out!

Last edited by OldLaughingLady (2013-06-27 06:32:12)

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

I think I am one of the few who actually disliked V/H/S/2 heavily. Everyone else seems to think it is better than the original. I couldn't call a single segment of that film a better one than the original.

Just my view though.

A question of taste, buddy. I didn't either thought it was better than the original, though I didn't disliked it. The first was a total surprise for me and went straight into my top 5 FF films, so the expectations for the sequel were pretty high. SPOILERS: Excluding the amazing third segment (although the congestion of "original" from its final seemed a bit cliche), the first was based only on jump scares (some of them pretty effective though) in an over-used theme, the second relaxed me till the point of laughter, and the fourth made me mad because of the theme of choice. Seriously guys? Aliens? A bit anti-climactic, don't you think? Overall, o strong sequel, but no match to the original.

Last edited by Hicks (2013-06-27 12:42:27)

The Thing (2011)

The Last Exorcism 2

The Haunted Palace (1963)

Not my favourite of the Corman/Price films I've seen but still worth an enjoyable watch for both their involvement.

7/10

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-06-28 18:59:57)

kXnPunk wrote:

ILS - THEM [2006]

666.666.666/10

I love Ils!
It is often compared to The Strangers, but for my money as far as home invasion flicks go, I will take Ils any day of the week over The Strangers.

If you haven't seen it yet Punk, check out Kidnapped (2010), a Spanish home invasion flick that again puts The Strangers to shame.

Come Out and Play   7/10   
not bad. I like creepy kid movie.. especially if they are a collective mind ..

Saint Sinner   3/10
totally hokey but I couldn't stop watching it !!!  LOL

The Battery 7/10
Napoleon Dynamite meets Zombieland