Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Rose Red

King Pulp. The usual. But I like huge haunted houses that distort reality, and there's QUITE a bit of that in here.

Hell of the Living Dead (1981) - 8/10

Laughed tons and had a lot of fun with this one. Acting terrible, English dubs even worse, but there's lots of cool gore and zombie action! It also had a great score (taking Goblin's soundtrack to Dawn of the Dead, complete with character rip-offs from Dawn as well). All in all, it's a great spoof. Directed by Bruno Mattei, who was partially responsible for Zombi 3, which I love too.

I Spit on Your Grave 2010

there are a handful of films that have any eye injuries, that seems to be a squeamish point with people in general, in all this remake did the original justice

The Last House on the Left (1972)

This was a very disturbing film. It's staying with me and I'll probably have nightmares about it tonight. Wes Craven certainly did a good job at scaring me (like he didn't already with A Nightmare on Elm Street). I haven't seen the 2009 remake, so I can't compare them.

The Sentinel (1977), but this was the first time I'd watched it with director Michael Winner's commentary.  A total blast, dude drops tidbits about most of the actors involved.  Hated Chris Sarandon, thought Beverly D'Angelo would have made a better lead than Cristina Rains, and he doesn't hesitate to badmouth actors (and studio execs!) he thinks are twits and assholes.  Enjoyed his commentary so much, I think I'll watch it again tonight.

LoudLon wrote:

The Sentinel (1977), but this was the first time I'd watched it with director Michael Winner's commentary.  A total blast, dude drops tidbits about most of the actors involved.  Hated Chris Sarandon, thought Beverly D'Angelo would have made a better lead than Cristina Rains, and he doesn't hesitate to badmouth actors (and studio execs!) he thinks are twits and assholes.  Enjoyed his commentary so much, I think I'll watch it again tonight.

One of my most FAVORITE movies.  A  VERY under rated movie of it's time!!!

DarkMistress wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

One of my most FAVORITE movies.  A  VERY under rated movie of it's time!!!

It is certainly a decent film with some great individual scenes but overall these don't form a great film in my opinion. Certainly worth a watch though, especially if you are looking for one of those late 70's horror films with plenty of atmosphere like The Changeling.

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-07-17 17:46:01)

I know it's not for everyone, but The Sentinel's one of my all-time favorite horror movies.  I've seen it at least fifty times.

Black and white cat, black and white cake!!

REC and [REC]^2, Identified a scene out of the last 5 minutes of the movie, and Fear Itself season 1 episode 6, New Year's Day

LoudLon, yes my man, Sentinel is freaking great.

BRAINDEAD [1992] rewatch

Probably one of the goriest and Bloodiest movies ever. So damn awesome, it's definitely a true classic by surprisingly the father of LOTR. A true blast this is everytime.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-07-17 17:50:39)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfkHkdu5IEI

so i'm just about at 2 hours into Shutter Island 2010, yes it's scorsese, yes it's well done, but damn does this movie drag on and on and on and on and on.....

Waxwork

fun funf fun!

Dead Souls

Slightly above average. It did manage to not base the story on stupid character decision, which was really nice.

City of the Living Dead (1980) - 9/10

Lucio Fulci...what a master horror director. I loved this movie! The extreme close-up shots, the gore, the teleporting zombies, the make-up jobs, the creepy atmosphere, the confusing plot... all the ingredients needed to make a great Fulci film. It comes very close to being my favorite installment out of the Gates of Hell trilogy, with The Beyond being just a smidge better in my opinion.

Humans Vs. Zombies 2011,
i haven't played the game, yet...

Halloween 6: Curse of Michael Myers

Sharknado

Waxwork II

fun² fun² fun² and major silliness.

and the phatest credits ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5o8WBbUg4E

Nine Dead 2010

evidently i'm sticking around 2011 and 2010, i gotta spread it around a bit

Ok, as soon as I saw WWE come up on screen I was like ugh this is going to be crap, and yes "No One Lives" is just that. Some good gore but horrible, over the top acting, disjointed, crappy pacing, and on and on and on. I'll give it a 3 for the blood and guts otherwise don't waste your time.

3/10

Red Band Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuitXAiQQfk&html5=1

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters

^^
That was a fun one.

Re-watch of Ghostwatch (1992).
It was a UK film that showed on Halloween 1992.  It was broadcast as a real TV show with a "live" investigation of a haunted house.  It used real TV news and show people.  It flashed up a phone number occasionally, that went to an actual phone bank.  There was a quick disclaimer at the beginning and end, but still about 1/2 of the audience lost their shit and there was a media uproar.  The film was never shown again.  A fun article talking about the making and the aftermath of the movie.

Slumber Party Massacre 1982

boobs... that is all...

The Conjuring