Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Children of the Corn IV: The Gathering 5/10
The Pact (2012) 9/10

It's Alive 2008

i know we have CGI now, the original is still alot of fun, however, i did enjoy this film quite a bit

Currently watching Shaun of the Dead (for the...I don't know...fiftieth time, maybe?).

Now watching Crinoline Head (1997).  Only the second time I've seen it; I ordered it from Fangoria back in '97 and have watched the VHS once, but opted to spare it the wear and tear and dl'ed it instead.  Super-low budget, tongue-in-cheek slasher flick by Tommy Faircloth (Generation Ax) about kids who go out for a weekend of fun only to fall prey to a slasher who wears a mask made out of baby doll dress material.  Amateurish and nothing to be taken seriously (if death by poop wasn't an indication lol ) but still fun in that "enh, it passes the time" kind of way.

^ I actually just bought the dvd and just got through watching it LOL

Crinoline Head - Pretty much what Lon said. As a hardcore slasher fanatic I thought it was a pretty fun horror/comedy; but if you take it seriously you're going to hate it.

Paranormal Activity 4

^^^
How was it, have yet to see it. Be honest. lol

Suspiria_89 wrote:

Crinoline Head - Pretty much what Lon said. As a hardcore slasher fanatic I thought it was a pretty fun horror/comedy; but if you take it seriously you're going to hate it.

Wow, no shit?  lol  And I didn't even know it was on DVD.  I never would have imagined such an obscure cheapie would ever warrant a DVD release. lol

Luckily some do and that's very cool. They should put absolutely EVERYTHING out on DVD. That'd make our piles grow insanely I'm sure. lol

LoudLon wrote:
Suspiria_89 wrote:

Wow, no shit?  lol  And I didn't even know it was on DVD.  I never would have imagined such an obscure cheapie would ever warrant a DVD release. lol

Yeah I was also really surprised when I found out about the release. BTW the DVD has a teaser trailer for Crinoline Head part 2, I shit you not; its actually happening LOL

Wow.  Ol' Tommy Faircloth's really swingin' for the fences, isn't he? lol

Just finished watching Bloodletting (1997), one of my favorite SOV flicks, for the umpteenth time.  Next up: Original Sins (1996), another SOV favorite.

BLOODSUCKING PHARAOES IN PITTSBURG (1991)

Thanks to LoudLon for that one. smile

Simple enough. A damn freaking aweFREAKINGsome badass like mad H3LL cool cheesy B-Movie funny marvel. Enjoyed it very much.

THE KEEP (1983)

Nazis Demons Romania 1942. Oh yes man. Freaking cool. Wild as H3LL!!! big_smile

kXnPunk wrote:

BLOODSUCKING PHARAOES IN PITTSBURG (1991)

Thanks to LoudLon for that one. smile

Simple enough. A damn freaking aweFREAKINGsome badass like mad H3LL cool cheesy B-Movie funny marvel. Enjoyed it very much.

THE KEEP (1983)

Nazis Demons Romania 1942. Oh yes man. Freaking cool. Wild as H3LL!!! big_smile

The Keep would be a even more awesome film if the directors cut of it was ever restored.

The Conjuring ... i've seen scarier simpsons tree house of horrors. Still a good film though.

Maniac Cop - a vengeful dead cop killing people in New York City and Bruce Campbell. Need I say more? 8/10

Texas Chainsaw.

rewatched "Bram Stoker's  Dracula" (1992)

Street Trash. I liked it

Body Melt 1993

one of my personal favorites

Oh woah HOLY freaking H3LL like crazy mad nuts badassness,

Coming back from:

THE CONJURING (2013)

Just scary as fucking kick ass like an Anvil in yer t33th that was.

6 people ib the theater. My city's occupants don't like Horror at all. Shit, we're SATURDAY!!! roll

Fools.

We could drink a Spanish Crianza Blood Red Wine while watching it. Almost like here in my Dark Cave Grave. lol

And man the EVIL Ghosts-Entities oh yesss.

But woah oo VERA FARMIGA baby. She delivers. Totally.

But so beautiful with tension and fear floating around all the movie long which didn't displeased me AT ALL!!!

This one truely needs the 666s.

666.666.666.666.666.666/10

An über RAD blast I had.

http://media.tumblr.com/693fe82f6974c534972d3fb8c00b4d88/tumblr_inline_mq8tc4ULrS1qz4rgp.jpg

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-08-03 21:01:28)

Berserker - not as near as bad as I thought it was going to be. Pretty much your standard 80's slasher. Group of people in their twenty's go camping and end up getting slaughtered. Not great but not bad either. 6/10

THE CONJURING (2013) 

I didn't let those rave reviews get to  me and I didn't get my hope up like I did last year with Sinister , which I thought trailer was great but the movie was HUGE let down and found the movie very boring and dull and not creepy or at all scary, other part of the movie that really annoyed me  and I fell sleep in some scenes   

So that is the reason I didn't get hope up to much for this year Horror movie THE CONJURING (2013)  ,  First of all the trailer did make this look it was going to full of those scary jumps scene that don't last  for then one two seconds and I do think they showed a little to much in the trailer.

I clad I didn't get my hope up to high for this movie, it was really good horror movie, it dose not any new ground that not already seen. 

Saying that  I did really enjoy the whole movie, I found that did prefer the first half of the movie, where the strange thing started to happen  to each member of the family.

There were some really good decent creepy scenes in the movie that  lasted much longer then  those 2 seconds jump scarce you normal see in horror movie these days.

Other think I liked about this movie they didn't really try to make you jump at all they wanted to creepy you and keep you clued to the screen the on time.

I wasn't to keen on last half hour of the movie, it cause it seen those scenes done many times in the recent years, it get a bit boring and very predicable however the scenes it was not boring
which is a really good thing.

I was hoping for more of aftermath of the thing that just happened but it ended a bit soon after the story came to a end.

I didn't get what last scenes about could not make What I meant to be seeing!

it was very good and very creepy horror! (Another really good horror movie from 2013)

7 out of 10

Bloodsucking Pharaohs in Pittsburgh 1991

sort of reminded me of Blood Feast 1963, i forgot up till no that tom savini was involved with the FX, quite entertaining

Roger Corman's A Bucket of Blood (1959). Nice early film by Corman that is, perhaps some would consider unusually from him, more a character-centered story than his signature b-movie/exploitation fare. It is a good little gem of a film however supported by a early but impressive performance by Corman stalwart Dick Miller.

8/10

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-08-04 08:54:13)