Re: Last horror movie you watched?

The Box 2008

yeah i don't know about this one, a whole movie about an easy button?

The last horror I watched was Let The Right One In, the Swedish version the film is very good I loved it, I have seen both the America one and Swedish one both are really good and worth a watch

Pumpkinhead 1988

hard to top the classics,  i realize that this idea spawned a pretty decent franchise, however, i still like the first one the bestest, holy 80's hair, i know they're almost over, still ... 80's hair lol

Last edited by cthulu76 (2013-08-20 10:31:29)

Fright Night (The Original)

Forgot how good it was!

Hatchet 3 really well done everything I hoped it would be

Idle Hands - 8/10

A childhood favorite of mine, believe it or not! I've always enjoyed it and thought it was a funny flick with a fun cast of actors. Jessica Alba too, yum.

Night of the Living Dead 1968
That Barbara character was soooo annoying. Like do something!

Last edited by MoonRaven (2013-08-20 18:27:53)

The Sentinel (1977, re-watch) - 9.5/10

An all around excellent horror film with many great actors either playing important roles or cameos: Burgess Meredith, Chris Sarandon, John Carradine, Jeff Goldblum, Christopher Walken...and Cristina Raines (although she's not as well-known as these former names, she does an excellent job in the lead role).

http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii597/creaturekillswell/TheSentinel_zps876114b9.jpg

Last edited by The Creature (2013-08-20 20:09:23)

As I've said often, The Sentinel is one of my all-time favorite horror films.  Definitely deserves even more love than it gets from its handful of devoted fans.  If you get the chance, Creech, watch it with director Michael Winner's commentary.  Very entertaining and informative.

LoudLon wrote:

As I've said often, The Sentinel is one of my all-time favorite horror films.  Definitely deserves even more love than it gets from its handful of devoted fans.  If you get the chance, Creech, watch it with director Michael Winner's commentary.  Very entertaining and informative.

Duly noted, Lon. I definitely need to procure a DVD copy at some point.

^^^ on NOTLD 1968, wasn't Judith O'Dea was the only professional actor in the cast? she spent most of her time catatonic, wonder if they paid by the line lol

Last edited by cthulu76 (2013-08-20 20:23:44)

Duane Jones was a pro, too.  In fact he got the role not because he was black and Romero wanted to cause a stir during the civil rights movement, but because Jones was the best actor he knew.

Evil Dead 2013 and Shivers 1975....on the weekend.  Both weren't my first watch.

ALTERED [2006]

Horror and Sci-Fi is definitely something I enjoy very much. Especially when there's Aliens like in this one. Story's about abduction and what happens to the ones that supposedly have been. Very nice images and superior acting. A blast totally. I recommend it to anyone that likes this kind of stuff. smile

Bad Kids Go To Hell

Hatchet 3: Got me a copy from Redbox last night. Finally got around to watching it this morning. It was better than I had anticipated. Not to say  "go out and buy it." It was a fun watch though and worth the $1.26 I paid to rent it

Lots of blood and guts, no CGI, and good bit of humor to boot.
5.5/10

^^^
I'm waiting so much to see it. My FAVORITE Scream Queen the lovely Danielle Harris is in so... I'm sure I'll dig it. H3LL, how could I not??? lol

The Hamiltons - def. one of the best films in the less than stellar after dark film series. 8/10

I am about to retire for the evening with this CLASSIC starring John Carradine smile

HOUSE OF SEVEN CORPSES (1974)

"Eight graves! Seven bodies! One killer... and he's already dead." / Starring John Carradine In this creepy terror tale, a movie crew arrives at a supposedly haunted mansion to shoot a horror film, and the reading of passages from the Tibetan Book of the Dead unleashes vengeance-seeking spirits. Can the filmmakers possibly survive the real-life terror they have unleashed?

Good night!  DM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/526852_669258439768097_1104495613_n.jpg

^^LOVE that poster. I'll have to find the movie never saw that one but love Carradine.

^ Very nice, DarkMistress!

1408 (re-watch) - 8.5/10

I think it's a damn good film. It takes the haunted room concept and just cranks the shit to 11. Not only is it a ghost story, but it's a heavy metaphysical mind-bender, too. Plus, Cusack's smart ass character in this film is great.

surprised to see what they did with the film based on the source material of the short story.

Wow! Magic Magic.

A naive young tourist's road trip across Chile with friends turns into a waking nightmare.

What an unnerving psychological thrill ride! I've seen Juno Temple in a few things and have to say she gives one helluva performance here! It's a slow burn but the climax gave me the chills!  Add this to your list! One of the best I've seen in a long time!

9/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elU_AlgW6Lw&html5=1

A-Nightmare on Elm st remake. Not sure how people feel about that movie but I thought it was pretty good. I wish they made a part 2. Why bother to make a slasher film about the big 3 if you're not going make sequels

JoeTerror wrote:

Wow! Magic Magic.

A naive young tourist's road trip across Chile with friends turns into a waking nightmare.

What an unnerving psychological thrill ride! I've seen Juno Temple in a few things and have to say she gives one helluva performance here! It's a slow burn but the climax gave me the chills!  Add this to your list! One of the best I've seen in a long time!

9/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elU_AlgW6Lw&html5=1

Yeah looks wild from what I've seen. And I dig Juno. On my list since like a month or 2. big_smile

URBAN LEGENDS: BLOODY MARY [2005] rewatch

The best of the series to me. Well normal, it's Mary Lambert behind it and she's just amazing. Insanely great performance by miss Mara, she's really awesome. And boy when Bloody Mary kills this guy with a broken bottle man, so freaking brutal. I like how she stops then continues even more after. The weed smoking black woman is insanely cool as mad.

And excellent ending really. Love it everytime. big_smile

FLESHEATER [1988]

Ahhh a very cool old school one. The Zombies look great and it's got a very nice storyline not to mention the great acting. Yeah, I admit I'm a sucker for Zombie movies. I find them very enjoyable. ALWAYS. Hehehe