Nothing to be guilty about, spectacular movie it is. I dig it. big_smile

Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Just watched The Ghost Train, loved it!

Is that the one from the early 40s?

Now I'm watching The Cat and the Canary 1939

Ooh, good flick.  Haven't seen it in ages.  Now answer my question about Ghost Train, please!

In case you're a little slow, I'll post it here too.  41

Thank you for your condescension.  Er, consideration.

Any time.

The Burning Moon - super gory German flick. If you just wanna see gore go ahead and watch it, if you're looking for anything else you should avoid. 7/10

^^^ By Olaf Ittenbach.  Watched that back when I was in my 20s, during my "gorehound" days. lol

I love gore, I love movies that are just made for nothing but to entertain or bore or whatever they strive or do not strive for, cheesey acting too, anything that could be considered bad I don't shy away from, but this looks too horrid for me - if it is what I think I remember it is...

EDIT: ok hold up, I just watched the 40 second trailer on youtube...and I must be in a different state of mind than when I had seen that trailer before...but I actually want to see it now hahaha.

Last edited by Vamp_Slayer (2013-08-31 04:05:42)

A perfect Slasher set up. Boobs, Blood, Killer with a knife.

Rewatch

SPIRIT CAMP [2009]

Damn that movie is GRAND. Girls are too cute to be real, story is wild, character extremely awesome, the fat dude is a damn pervert. I'd watch the babes get topless too if I was him. lol

My favorite scene is the extremely erotic one when he rapes her and moves the knife slowly over her body and when he cuts her panties to get in. Woah, utterly sexy.

One of my favorites. Yes, cheesy like it should. smile

Needs a rating. Totally.

666.666.666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-08-31 05:07:48)

The Brain That Wouldn't Die (1962)

A bad in a good way early 60's exploitation flick. 7/10.

Phantasm II (1988, re-watch) - 8/10

Such an excellent sequel. I'm glad I gave it a re-watch, because I don't think I quite got it the first time around, for whatever reason. Lots of action, cool special effects, and all our favorite characters (plus the Barracuda). There's little to not like.

My only real complaint about the film is the casting of James LeGros for Mike's role. Meh. Wasn't very impressed with his performance.

This little dude was awesome though, despite his brief appearance.
http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii597/creaturekillswell/PhantasmIIspecialFX_zps7397e1c9.jpg

Last edited by The Creature (2013-08-31 12:20:36)

I just watched that again the other night! I thought I was crazy mentioning the series to a colleague at work, but turned out that he had seen it too and we had a good laugh about it.

It is very strange, but all of the Phantasm movies are. I'll admit that I was kind of taken aback by how bad/cheesy the writing was upon rewatching it, but that's just part of the experience.

I preferred LeGros in Phantasm II, as much as I hate recasts. I don't mind the transition from a young actor to a different older one, but it was more jarring for me to see it revert back again for the third.

The thing that disappointed me was a lack of use of the shotgun! But it thankfully saw more action in the third movie.

End Of The Line

Chomper wrote:

I just watched that again the other night! I thought I was crazy mentioning the series to a colleague at work, but turned out that he had seen it too and we had a good laugh about it.

It is very strange, but all of the Phantasm movies are. I'll admit that I was kind of taken aback by how bad/cheesy the writing was upon rewatching it, but that's just part of the experience.

I preferred LeGros in Phantasm II, as much as I hate recasts. I don't mind the transition from a young actor to a different older one, but it was more jarring for me to see it revert back again for the third.

The thing that disappointed me was a lack of use of the shotgun! But it thankfully saw more action in the third movie.

I have yet to see the third film, but I really need to now after having re-watch the second. I also really dug all of the special effects that went into Phantasm II. Gregory Nicotero, as always, did some amazing work. In addition, I found this pretty neat featurette on YouTube with Greg talking about some of the effects. I'm guessing it's off of the bonus feature section of the DVD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb7Oz9uHHkM

As for the role of Mike, apparently Brad Pitt had auditioned for it. Now that would have been...interesting.

I watched American Mary recently. I really loved the flick. It was twisted and can be somewhat disturbing at times. But it can also be funny. It has an interesting message of tolerance (I think). Mary is an absolutely awesome character too. She kind of reminds me of a modern female Herbert West. Lance was a funny back up character too.

Last edited by Theli (2013-09-01 01:43:36)

From the movie night-

The Brain (1988)
Lots of jokes were made about Canada trying to take over the world with a giant mutant brain and moose.

Society (1998)
Everyone just kind of went "Whaaaaa?" when the guy was turned inside out by having his head pulled out his butt.  Fun for the whole family.

Society is great. Pissed a bit that I missed the fun though... Ah well, next time...

Picked up The Dyatlov Pass Incident on Blu-ray over the weekend and watched it last night.

Based on the true unsolved mystery, it's one of the very best found footage films I've seen - definitely head and shoulders above the rest. You never know what direction the film will go in to explain what happened (Bigfoot attack, alien, Russian governmnet cover-up, etc) and the final pay-off just screws with your head - it's a fantastic twist where all the bits come together perfectly.

Highly recommended to horror fans, especially those with an interest in the paranormal/unexplained

9/10!

Thanks for the link, Creature! And yeah, Brad Pitt cast in Phantasm II? Hmm... that would have altered things!

Will probably check out The Dyatlov Pass Incident sometime as well, though I heard the opposite about the ending.

azathoth wrote:

From the movie night-

The Brain (1988)
Lots of jokes were made about Canada trying to take over the world with a giant mutant brain and moose.

Society (1998)
Everyone just kind of went "Whaaaaa?" when the guy was turned inside out by having his head pulled out his butt.  Fun for the whole family.

I've been wanting to join these for a while and I've tried 3 times, and I can't get skype to work. It won't accept my username or allow me to make a new one with my e-mail, argh.

Start a new email account and use that one. wink

@Thelli-
(I'm assuming you're running Windows.)  Delete/Remove Skype, and then install the latest version.  If you still have the same problems, then go to Yahoo, Gmail, or some other free email service and create a new email account (such as, "I-worship-all-monkeys-for-they-are-the-true-funkadelics.yahoo.com) to login with a new, fresh email.