Re: Last horror movie you watched?

That makes sense that he'd want to show that kill again, Creature. Thanks for sharing that info, didn't know that.

And Azzie, my poison shall be BOTH! I always seem to stumble onto the bad movies, yet I watch 'em anyway. I had heard some things about Hellraiser really dropping off into crappy land in the later installments, but I guess I'll confirm that for myself. Thanks for the heads up. And I did not know that Lance was in one of them!

Lords of Salem: I loved this flic!! Rob. Z, showed maturity with his style and directing skills on this movie. Hated to hear he won't be doing any more horror movies in the near future. 8/10

Wow! I don't remember the first one being this disturbing and mean spirited but the rape and torture scenes in I Spit On Your Grave 2 were pretty horrific! And for me to say that it's a lot!

Anyway, the revenge was nice. Not really sure how I feel overall to be honest. It's pretty brutal.

Actually thought about this a bit more and if you can just ignore the implausible story and take it for what its worth its ok. Basically think the director was just looking to cash in and maybe turn it into a franchise. Lets hope not.

Last edited by JoeTerror (2013-09-17 18:39:48)

Halloween II (1981, television version) - 8/10

The downside of this version of course is that the gore had to be cut & many of the deaths occur off-screen. What makes this version of the film interesting however is that there are various minor bits and pieces previously not included in the original, theatrical cut that we now get to see.

JoeTerror wrote:

The opening scene in the club is frigin awesome!

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Been meaning to watch The Collection but hasn't happened yet.

I'm on a SyFy kick now. The Monkey's fault. lol

Just watched the opening scene from the mainpage here, yeah it was freakin awesome. I wasn't a big fan of the Collector so I don't know what to think about this one. I guess I will check it out when it's out on DVD.

The Creature wrote:

The downside of this version of course is that the gore had to be cut & many of the deaths occur off-screen. What makes this version of the film interesting however is that there are various minor bits and pieces previously not included in the original, theatrical cut that we now get to see.

So on one hand it is cut, but includes extra scenes. Is there a version out there that retains the original gore but also has these little extras? Very interesting.

@Chompski-
As for Halloween II-
http://www.amazon.com/Halloween-Collect … lloween+ii

I mis-spoke about the Hellraiser series earlier.  They do get creepy, but not really because it was Cenobites.  I was focused on the mythos in that post.  And yeah, Lance plays one super-creepy mofo in #8.

Chomper wrote:
The Creature wrote:

So on one hand it is cut, but includes extra scenes. Is there a version out there that retains the original gore but also has these little extras? Very interesting.

I've done a bit of searching on that but can't seem to find one. It'd be nice for H2 if there was. Azzy's Amazon link features the blu-ray which only contains both the theatrical cut and television version. There doesn't seem to be a complete mix of the two from what I can tell.

^^
Yeah, that was the best I could find- both version on the same disc.  Some enterprising soul may have spent the time mixing them together, but I have no knowledge of that being done.

I didn't even realize there was a TV version. I might have to upgrade my dvd and go for that blu-ray.

Interesting, thanks.

Anyway I watched Zombie Lake (1981). It was as good as the green make-up they used for the zombies! It looked like everyone involved with making the film had no idea what they were aiming for. It sucked on all levels. I found it funny when I realised that every 20-something girl introduced on screen would eventually end up completely nude.

2/10

^^^
Oh nude girls, nude girls. NUDE GIRLS!!! Gotta see this just for that. lol

CELLO [2005]

That was some piece of crazy cool work man, woah. South Korean Ghost story. As usual with asian flicks, the cinematography is freaking wonderful. Very nice acting too. Crazy story. I picked this up because I played Cello for a few years and it's my favorite music instrument of them all. So the soundtrack was flowers to my ears. big_smile

Nude girls enthusiasts, Zombie Lake is for you. Haha.

Looks like Cello is getting added to my insanely long watchlist.

Last edited by Chomper (2013-09-17 18:23:46)

Well thank you sir, gonna see it for damn sure.
Damn I'm incredibly perverted. lol

I wasnt a big fan either and the 2nd one is just ok I thought. Neither rocked my socks off.

Theli wrote:
JoeTerror wrote:

The opening scene in the club is frigin awesome!

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Been meaning to watch The Collection but hasn't happened yet.

I'm on a SyFy kick now. The Monkey's fault. lol

Just watched the opening scene from the mainpage here, yeah it was freakin awesome. I wasn't a big fan of the Collector so I don't know what to think about this one. I guess I will check it out when it's out on DVD.

"You're Next"
"The Collection"

Both were pretty damn entertaining!

^^^
Can't wait to see You're Next...

And wH3LLcome to the MADhouse btw, enjoy it's a fyn place here, full of crazy fools.
We even have Monkeys and Pandas. big_smile

Check in General chat there's an Introduce thread...

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-09-18 02:54:28)

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Can't wait to see You're Next...

And wH3LLcome to the MADhouse btw, enjoy it's a fyn place here, full of crazy fools.
We even have Monkeys and Pandas. big_smile

Check in General chat there's an Introduce thread...

Yeah I've been looking for a place like this. I'm already liking this place a lot! If you like 80's horror you'll love the soundtrack for "You're Next". It has a nice 80's horror vibe.

Yeah that's what I've read.
And here, the place I call home crazy home is the best thing in the whole Cyberspace, serious. Everybody is way too cool and you learn a whole lot. Some here are freaking Horror encyclopedias. big_smile

The Lost Boys

House of Whipcord (1974)

8/10.

Lucio Fulci's underrated erotic thriller Una sull'altra or 'Perversion Story' (1969)

Beautifull ladies, striking visuals (particularly the strip club scenes) and a great jazz score ,combined with a narrative thats keeps you guessing, makes this a strong

9/10

^ Jazz score? I'm interested!

Hellraiser IV: Bloodline

It wasn't the future sequences that I found bad - a little "out there" but not too detrimental - it was that the majority of the movie didn't feel like Hellraiser very much. With each passing iteration I can't help but feel that Pinhead shouldn't get so much attention. Crazy cool character, but that energy drains away with too much screen time. I feel like they screwed themselves over showing the conclusion way ahead in the future. These later installments are making me want to go back and check out the first two, but I'll push on. Hellraiser V actually looks somewhat decent.

5/10

Vasquez wrote:

Lucio Fulci's underrated erotic thriller Una sull'altra or 'Perversion Story' (1969)

Beautifull ladies, striking visuals (particularly the strip club scenes) and a great jazz score ,combined with a narrative thats keeps you guessing, makes this a strong

9/10

Oh that's a very amazing one truely magnificient images as always with Fulci. After Argento, he's my favorite italian director. His movies are works of pure ART!!! smile

BARON BLOOD [1972]

Ah Bava is the other italian dude I love the movies from. Sublime imagery and a freaking BADASS as H3LL this one is. Excellent character and story development. One more off my to watch list. big_smile

Jason Goes To Hell (re-watch - 7/10, letter grade: B)

Silly ass movie, but it's one of the most fun Friday sequels IMO. I spotted a few goofs, but the gore is really solid and the ending is priceless. This installment also further adds to the Vorhees mythos and the supernatural element of his character.

Note: In the Vorhees house, on one of the tables in the corner of a room, is the Necronomicon Ex-Mortis, from Army of Darkness! The implications of that are quite interesting. Why is it there? What does the legend of Camp Crystal Lake have to do with the book? I'd like to see someone made a competent analysis on that (which would be a bit challenging, I'd imagine).