Re: Last horror movie you watched?

GUN TOWN [2009]

Done by our very own AceofSpades, this movie was a true damn blast. Insane shots, kick ass acting, damn those girls are cute but my favorite is the story. Freaking BADASS!!!

So yeah sir Ace, you might not be proud of this one and say that The Truck will be better so H3LL man I just can't wait to see it cause this one is amazing!!! Millions of THUMBS WAY UP!!! smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-09-19 04:19:18)

I just watched Piranha 3D. I'd already seen it, but it's a lot of fun.

^^^
Indeed, worth seeing it just to see miss Brook and Rilley naked in the water.
Beautiful cinematography that scene is. Gotta love underwater shots.

Well under everything really, underground ones are great too. lol

The Orphan Killer- Best described as lightning in a bottle. This is what a modern day slasher is suppose to look like. Amazing lighting and camera angles, awesome setting and insane practical gore effects. Fast paced and relentlessly brutal. As much as I like modern slashers such as Laid to Rest, the Hatchet movies, Behind the Mask, Midnight Movie.....etc. This one cuts their balls off and shoves them down their throats. Its a shame it didn't get bigger than it did. 9/10

kXnPunk wrote:
Vasquez wrote:

Lucio Fulci's underrated erotic thriller Una sull'altra or 'Perversion Story' (1969)

Beautifull ladies, striking visuals (particularly the strip club scenes) and a great jazz score ,combined with a narrative thats keeps you guessing, makes this a strong

9/10

Oh that's a very amazing one truely magnificient images as always with Fulci. After Argento, he's my favorite italian director. His movies are works of pure ART!!! smile

BARON BLOOD [1972]

Ah Bava is the other italian dude I love the movies from. Sublime imagery and a freaking BADASS as H3LL this one is. Excellent character and story development. One more off my to watch list. big_smile

You speak the truth with Fulci. Unfortunately, I think that because Fulci has such a great reputation as a gore master people (not u though) often overlook his equal ability for great narrative and visuals, demonstrated in his earlier but less notorious films like Perversion Story and also my 2nd fav fulci flick, Don't Torture A Duckling.

I would say I like Fulci better than Argento in fact (Something which led people to give some odd looks at this years Frightfest). I like Bava the most, followed by Fulci and then Argento. The only film that I have seen of Argento's that I really like was Tenenbrae.

Have you seen Don't Torture A Duckling Punk?

Theli wrote:

I just watched Piranha 3D. I'd already seen it, but it's a lot of fun.

As I have said before. Piranha 3D - Stay for Kelly Brook. Piranha (1978) - Stay for the great characterisation, John Sayle's sharp script and biting political commentary.

U seen the original Theli. It's one of my fav horrors of all time (it does star Barbara Steele after all)

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-09-19 05:53:22)

Dead End

Vasquez wrote:

Interesting view man. And oh yeah that one was a freaking insane blast!!!

CINDERELLA [2006]
http://youtu.be/x_xux8HUkCs

Very nice and EVIL view on plastic surgery. As usual fantastic imagery and a pretty solid story line.
Enjoyed every minute of it. Check it out if you want, it's the Full Subded in english one the link. Enjoy!!! smile

Asia should OWN THE WORLD. Well they almost do now but still. lol

Jason X (re-watch, 6/10, letter grade C). Goofy, but enjoyable horror/sci-fi flick.

kXnPunk wrote:
Vasquez wrote:

I know nobody asked me my opinion, but I also thought that Don't Torture A Duckling was a fantastic movie. The story/direction/style was all top-notch. And how about Barbara Bouchet? What a babe! I'll have to check out Perversion Story, too.

Bigfoot: The Lost Coast Tapes - slow at times but overall a solid movie with a really cool ending. 6/10

The Woman - Great twisted story, gory and depraved. No one is better than Jack Ketchum at shredding the innocence of the everyday American family. 9/10

The Creature wrote:
kXnPunk wrote:
Vasquez wrote:

I know nobody asked me my opinion, but I also thought that Don't Torture A Duckling was a fantastic movie. The story/direction/style was all top-notch. And how about Barbara Bouchet? What a babe! I'll have to check out Perversion Story, too.

I definitely recommend checking it out Creature.

Lucky me i've finally seen World War Z 2013, i'm still not entirely sure about how i feel about a curable zombie plague, i really enjoyed the movie, it was really well done, the acting was pretty good, not a whole lot of gore, which has been a recent trend in zombie flicks, though this curable thing just kind of gets me, granted it's no Warm Bodies 2013 with the sparkles and such, however the non genre ending has been a bit of a staple where maybe a couple people get a way and the plague continues, it kind of takes the horror out of it for me, at any rate WWZ was pretty good

^ Funny...I just came to write that I had seen World War Z.  Pretty much agree with you cthulu.  Thought it was an entertaining, enjoyable, solid flick.  I was surprised when it was over, which for me, is a sign of a movie I enjoyed.

I do have many specific questions that are kind of complaints about the film...but maybe I'll save it for another time.

Last two I watched were the Giallo Strip Nude For Your Killer (1974) and Tobe Hooper's Eaten Alive (1977)

The Giallo was a decent example of its sub-genre - my score 7/10 - but I was quite surprised at how much I liked Eaten Alive. Though it may not have the same shock or lasting impact as his classic TCM (74) I felt it achieved a similar maniacal atmosphere due to how it was shot and the performance of our the main character, Judd. It was grimy, grisly and manic and I dug that. Robert Englund also gives a nice performance as a sleaze-ball in it. I give Eaten Alive 8/10.

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-09-21 04:27:31)

The Creature wrote:

Note: In the Vorhees house, on one of the tables in the corner of a room, is the Necronomicon Ex-Mortis, from Army of Darkness! The implications of that are quite interesting. Why is it there? What does the legend of Camp Crystal Lake have to do with the book? I'd like to see someone made a competent analysis on that (which would be a bit challenging, I'd imagine).

Will have to look out for that! Nice little nod there. Couple of lines read from that book to give Jason his unwillingness to stay dead. Who would have read from it, though?

Anyway, I watched... The Human Centipede 2

Very nasty flick, even I felt like looking away a couple of times. Sure it's pure exploitation and it did accomplish what it set out to achieve but in no way did I find it entertaining. The new villain is a vile little man, well cast, but not easy on the eyes. The decision to go with black and white seemed dumb. Of course it looks "creepier", a lot of movies would when shown like that, so it came across as tacky. And I HATE when movies go meta. In this movie the original Human Centipede is an existing film, which the guy is obsessed with.

The first film was still messed up, but it was ridiculous in its own way. This movie was just fucked up.

2/10

Halloween Curse Of Michael Myers

Hatchet for The Honeymoon (1970)

Not the best Bava flick i've seen (particularly suffers from wooden acting and a nonsensical narrative) but as with most of his work, very beautiful to look at.

Overall a 7/10.

Chomper wrote:
The Creature wrote:

Note: In the Vorhees house, on one of the tables in the corner of a room, is the Necronomicon Ex-Mortis, from Army of Darkness! The implications of that are quite interesting. Why is it there? What does the legend of Camp Crystal Lake have to do with the book? I'd like to see someone made a competent analysis on that (which would be a bit challenging, I'd imagine).

Will have to look out for that! Nice little nod there. Couple of lines read from that book to give Jason his unwillingness to stay dead. Who would have read from it, though?

That's a damn good question, and your guess is as good as mine! I think it'd be interesting to see someone come up with an actual script around the Necronomicon/Jason concept, though.

Just re-watched Freddy vs. Jason - 8/10
Quite a fun horror flick. It's a tough film to make too. Life-long F13/NOES fans go in with a lot of expectations. I have my own complaints, but I think the filmmakers did a decent enough job with pulling it all together.

^^^
I'm a HUGE fan of this one. Of course damn KATHARINE ISABELLE!!! Sexy girl, oh VERY SEXY GIRL. And a badass actress too. smile

THE BOX [2009] rewatch

That is one I always enjoy seeing. The story is just magnificient and phenomenal and Cameron cute Diaz is great as always. And it's great to see her in that kinda role, doesn't happen often. Characters are insanely great, the dudes that take care of the box are freking CREEPY!!! big_smile Yes, cool one...

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-09-21 19:47:32)

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
I'm a HUGE fan of this one. Of course damn KATHARINE ISABELLE!!! Sexy girl, oh VERY SEXY GIRL. And a badass actress too. smile

Oh yes, she's quite the hottie. Not to mention that gorgeous pick of a lead, Monica Keena!

http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii597/creaturekillswell/Monica_zpscdafb8be.jpg

A Haunting In Connecticut (2009, re-watch - 8/10)

Solid haunted house film. This is an example of a PG-13 horror film done well!

^^^
Always loved this one.And it's another from 2009, damn, AGAIN a good one??? lol

The tattoo like stuff what MAAAD!!!

And oh yeah miss Keena is GORGEOUS.

Only one Horror flick tonight on the tube, Guess I'll have to find my own. Oh yes, I know now. Damn yes i do.

LIFT TO HELL... big_smile

I GOTTA SEE THAT after reading this. Hahaha
http://www.filmbiz.asia/reviews/lift-to-hell

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-09-22 02:29:48)

World War Z: This was better than I had anticipated. Good acting, SFX, loved the makeup on the zombies, and it was suspenseful. What I didn't like was the lack of gore. To me; a zombie movie needs gore! 6.75/10