Re: Last horror movie you watched?

V/H/S 2 for the second time, this movie is still amazing on rewatch a lot better on a small budget than a lot of large budget horror movies

Curse of Chucky. I enjoyed this sequel better then the last two for sure.

Last edited by MYERS4EVER (2013-09-24 21:06:04)

1931's Frankenstein

More of a Thriller than Horror, but I'm posting about it here.

Side Effects - 2013.  Its an instant on Flix.  Very interesting and original movie.  If you can get through the first 30 minutes (I almost stopped watching...well, did but picked it up again tonight) I highly recommend it.  Some nice twists.

Chomper wrote:

That's very cool, Creature. Will definitely have to check that out. I think you've inspired me to resume watching Friday the 13th after I finish with Hellraiser.

Excellent! Likewise, I think I'll be watching the Hellraiser series in its entirety at some point in the upcoming month. I've only see the first three films of the series, after all. So it should be interesting to see what the rest of the films are like.

Re-Animator (re-watch, 10/10)

A damn near perfect horror film with a brilliant cast, script, special effects team, and musical score. One of the best horror films of all time, in my opinion. I really need to get a hold of the sequels.

Last edited by The Creature (2013-09-25 00:02:39)

My Soul to Take - 8.5/10

I don't understand all of the flack that this film has taken. I thought it was a ton of fun to watch! It's much better than a lot of the other shit that comes out these days...it has an original plot with interesting characters that you actually care about. The film starts off with a lot of action, and at first I didn't know if I was going to enjoy this flick or not, but after a good ten minutes I was really wrapped into it. It kept me guessing 'who dunnit?' the whole way through, too. Craven strikes again...well done.

Village of the Damned (1960).

Still very creepy. Especially when the kids are taking IQ tests.

8/10

Last edited by Master Horror (2013-09-25 05:43:23)

The Invitation (2003)

Saw it on a horror list but it's more of a drama/thriller. A host invites a group of his friends together and poisons them as part of a test, but not a lot happens. Has Lance Henriksen in it which was probably the best thing about it. Its biggest problem was that it couldn't escape that TV movie feel.

It had a nice enough ending, despite being cheesy.

4/10

Master Horror wrote:

8/10

Vert true. Despite my expectation that, given it's age, its premise would play out a bit hokey the kids were in fact VERY creepy. I would the film a 8 aswell.

Vasquez wrote:
Master Horror wrote:

8/10

Vert true. Despite my expectation that, given it's age, its premise would play out a bit hokey the kids were in fact VERY creepy. I would the film a 8 aswell.

Is the sequel any good?

Hey People,

I think we should have a TV NETWORK devoted to horror

What do you think ?

MYERS4EVER wrote:

Loved it,  I thougt it was great , For me  it's second best in the  seires
, DID you see the end of credits scene?

It's was a lot of fun!

The Creature wrote:

My Soul to Take - 8.5/10

I don't understand all of the flack that this film has taken. I thought it was a ton of fun to watch! It's much better than a lot of the other shit that comes out these days...it has an original plot with interesting characters that you actually care about. The film starts off with a lot of action, and at first I didn't know if I was going to enjoy this flick or not, but after a good ten minutes I was really wrapped into it. It kept me guessing 'who dunnit?' the whole way through, too. Craven strikes again...well done.

Been on my watch list for a while but I kept pushing back and back and back lol

Might be watcing this tonight or  another movie that I am  thinking of watching, or maybe able to watch both! lol

BASSI wrote:
Vasquez wrote:
Master Horror wrote:

8/10

Is the sequel any good?

There was never a sequel to the original, just several inferior remakes.

Vasquez wrote:
BASSI wrote:
Vasquez wrote:

Is the sequel any good?

What  about  Children of the Damned (1964)? I thought that was a sequel!

BASSI wrote:
Vasquez wrote:
BASSI wrote:

Is the sequel any good?

What  about  Children of the Damned (1964)? I thought that was a sequel!

It appears u are right!. You learn something new every day. I have never seen it myself.

Bloody Homecoming - bad in almost every imaginable way but still enjoyable. Some of the kill scenes were well done and the killers disguise was awesome. 6/10

Brainscan - one of the most underrated horror movies to come out of the 90's. 8/10

Halloween (original)

What about FearNet? They tend to have some good stuff.

Slasher25 wrote:

Hey People,

I think we should have a TV NETWORK devoted to horror

What do you think ?

SUSPIRIA [1977] rewatch

One of my favorites of all times. Damn the cinematography is just GORGEOUS and the story and acting are definitely over the top. One of Argento's best ones along the Witches trilogy.

BASSI wrote:
MYERS4EVER wrote:

Loved it,  I thougt it was great , For me  it's second best in the  seires
, DID you see the end of credits scene?

It's was a lot of fun!

Yeah i really liked it. I wouldn't argue that it's the 2nd best. It was definitely a worthy sequel. Yeah I sure did, GREAT stuff! If there was anything bad with it I would say a lil too much CGI though but overall a fun sequel. Hope this one revamps the series.

THE HOUSE THAT VANISHED [1874]

Man what a fantastic old school one that was. Visuals are amazing so is the acting. Badass sountrack too. Exactly the kind of movies I love.

A word to descibe it is definitely ATMOSPHERIC!!! big_smile

La herencia Valdemar and La herencia Valdemar II - La sombra prohibida (The Valdemar Legacy) - A two part spanish horror story that takes place in the Lovecraftian universe.

The first part is pretty captivating. It begins with a mysterious manor house to be assessed and sold, which was the apparent cause of some disappearances, and expands into a broader story, the one of the past of that house and its former owners, the Valdemar family. The narrative line is solid, the acting good, even the special effects are more than decent. The only major faults are the atmosphere, which is not somber enough, the soundtrack bearing a great blame, and those few funny moments, which I didn't approve in a production of this kind. 

The second part is a bit messy, confusing at times, although riddled with more symbols and references to the HPL world (even a personification of the author appeared at some point).

Anyway, a must see for Lovecraft fans, that are probably a little disappointed by the scarcity of such productions.

kXnPunk wrote:

Man what a fantastic old school one that was.

Serious old school stuff there if it was released back then lol

Chomper wrote:
kXnPunk wrote:

Man what a fantastic old school one that was.

Serious old school stuff there if it was released back then lol

Did you watch it with one of those photo lamps? wink