Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Creature, I'm a big fan of Land of the Dead and have seen it a bunch of times. The only one of Romero's that I couldn't really stomach was Survival. I couldn't connect to the setting or the cast, so unfortunately it's one of those installments that I avoid. It's good that you can see the positives, though.

Anyway, last night I watched...

Curse of Chucky

A nice sequel for the fans (I doubt people unfamiliar with the franchise would be fond of it) and they did well with the budget that they had. It's creepy at times and Chucky feels like he's up to form. There is a general "disconnect" with the flick because at first it doesn't seem to tie into previous movies and it's "oh look, Chucky is back." But it does slowly build up and there are some nice turns which I enjoyed a lot.

I remember from the early footage of the movie that Chucky's face looked messed up at times, like it wasn't consistent and randomly swapped to a wacked-out MJ face instead of the usual Good Guy. There was one scene where it looked goofy, but on the whole it was just his normal self. The puppet effects were good and they only slipped up a couple of times with odd-looking CGI - though they covered this reasonably well with out-of-focus shots or him being in the distance.

Worth a watch. Stick around for after the credits.

7/10

Pumpkinhead:  This was a late night watch on Netflix. I tend to watch this movie about once a year because it's one of my favorite creature movies. 6.5/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095925

Aftershock

Not sure why I chose this but think I had read a good writeup somewhere. Anyway, Penumbra was really a slow burn with not much payoff, really disappointing. Story wasnt even fully fleshed out.

A woman hesitantly rents an apartment to an eerie man who she soon realizes has a part in the solar eclipse that is taking place.

3/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TWpHaXHipQ&html5=1

BTW whoever mentioned The Sender thanks! I saw that when I was much younger and loved it.....I'll have to look for it again. Also, I enjoyed The Tall Man. Posted a comment on that one a while back.

Boy I'm catching some real winners lately. Just finished watching Rites of Spring. Ugh, don't bother total waste of time. For the first half its like youre watching two separate movies, one about a kidnapping and the other about a psycho farmer and his yearly ritual involving young girls. Anyway, the two stories eventually collide and it basically just turns into a mediocre slasher film that just ends suddenly.

2/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gp1nAYgG_w&html5=1

Chomper wrote:

Creature, I'm a big fan of Land of the Dead and have seen it a bunch of times. The only one of Romero's that I couldn't really stomach was Survival. I couldn't connect to the setting or the cast, so unfortunately it's one of those installments that I avoid. It's good that you can see the positives, though.

Yeah, I would have to say that Survival of the Dead is the worst of the series. I still enjoyed it, but it could have been better. Land of the Dead is my favorite of the last three, Diary comes in second.

Amityville Horror (re-watch, 8/10) - Solid haunted house flick. It's not the best I've seen, but it's good.

Land, OHHH LAND!!!

ASIAAA ARGENTOOO!!! big_smile

I like Land of the Dead quite a bit, myself.  I thought it was every bit as biting in its satire of the Bush administration and the ever-growing gap between upper and lower class as Night, Dawn and Day were of the social issues they respectively satirized.

And of course, there's Asia Argento.  I've never seen so drop-dead gorgeous a woman born from so butt-ugly a man. lol

Dumplings - The Long Version (2004)

What a disturbing yet beautiful film. Instantly one of my fav asian horror films.

9/10.

LoudLon wrote:

And of course, there's Asia Argento.  I've never seen so drop-dead gorgeous a woman born from so butt-ugly a man. lol

Mwahahaha Damn yeah. lol

raghav wrote:

Wrong turn i have watch this movie last movie...
Download free movies

WE HATE FUCKERS LIKE YOU, get the H3LL away from here.
REPORTED!!!

Vasquez wrote:

What a disturbing yet beautiful film. Instantly one of my fav asian horror films.

9/10.

I've noticed this on netflix I think. Scratched my head with the poster a bunch of times. I'll add it to my list.

Diary Of The Dead

Hammer's The Gorgon (1964)

A fine example of Hammer Horror.

8/10.

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-10-08 05:08:16)

Vasquez wrote:

9/10.

I've watched the shorter version, and enjoyed it, but passed the longer one. Time to give this one a go on Netflix. Thanks Vasquez.

I'm about to tuck myself in for the night and watch The Terror with Boris Karloff and Jack Nicolson.

Right after I go to Harvey's to try their new bacon and mushroom, poutine! big_smile LOL!

Nite!

^ I've always enjoyed The Terror quite a bit.

The Fly (re-watch, 1958 original) - 8/10
Solid science fiction/horror classic.

Night of the Creeps and Graveyard Shift

Underdog wrote:
Vasquez wrote:

9/10.

I've watched the shorter version, and enjoyed it, but passed the longer one. Time to give this one a go on Netflix. Thanks Vasquez.

Defo recommend it.

The original Dark Water - Although I enjoy asian cinematography, I still don't understand why is this one so appreciated among other classics from the same period. Still, a good watch.

Escape From NY.  There is only one Snake!

Blood Tracks - as much as I love 80's slashers I have to admit that I hated this one. Had some potential, but it's terribly boring and completely bloodless. 4/10

Texas Chainsaw (second viewing) - the first half of the movie is slasher movie greatness, the second half is a disaster. It's almost like the filmmakers just gave up half way through. The story gets worse, the dialogue, the acting and even the special effects(started out using old school gore and then just switched to syfy channel quality cgi WTF?) 5/10

The Creature wrote:

^ I've always enjoyed The Terror quite a bit.

Cool! 

It's always a pleasure to meet another Terror fan! smile

DarkMistress wrote:

I'm about to tuck myself in for the night and watch The Terror with Boris Karloff and Jack Nicolson.

Right after I go to Harvey's to try their new bacon and mushroom, poutine! big_smile LOL!

Nite!

What a cool night, Bacon, shrooms poutine AND THE FUCKING TERROR!!!
AMAZING one really. Always digged this one.

Watched my LOVELY OH SO DAMN SEXY Danielle Harris again in:

HATCHET 3 [2013] rewatch

Woah man, she was even better than she always is in this one. Damn the girl is badass. And I loved everything even more that second time really. I'm sure everytime I watch it it'll get even better than it really is. YOU HAVE TO SEE IT!!!

Masters of Horror: The Damned Thing