Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Paranormal Activity 4: Pretty much the same ol - same ol. This series gets more and more stale with each entry. Only reason I watched it was because my son wanted to see it. He enjoyed it though, which was fun to see him jump at e few scenes.

4/10

Last night I saw Beyond the Door.  Total trainwreck of a movie.   Couldn't tell what was going on half the time, pretty slow moving, the last 10 minutes were the best....but overall, I enjoyed it for what it was worth.   So bad, it was good.

Watching I, Monster   now, Amicus' (I think) take on Jeckyl and Hyde.

Grave Encounters

The Purge.

Not bad, I liked it for the most part. Could have used a little more tension in some places but overall not bad.

Slash, yes the Slash from Guns N Roses produced and scored "Nothing Left To Fear". Well you would have thought he would have take some tips from Mr Zombie, although I don't really care much for his films either, but this was totally bland and mediocre. Felt like I was watching something that would have been on a crappy cable channel.

Give it a 2 just for the soundtrack.

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUzp7vMzGZI&html5=1

Dark Circles
AfterDark just can never get it right. Maybe they've had one or two hits but most of their films are pretty weak. Take for example Dark Circles. Pretty boring overall and a lame ending.

2/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0HVeqjqs9E&html5=1

Last edited by JoeTerror (2013-10-13 18:54:28)

Not quite horror but definitely Halloweenie.
Nightmare Before Christmas.
Watched Beetlejuice last night.
On a Tim Burton kick.

Paranormal Activity 4

Gator Bait (1974)

Really good exploitation that I would describe as mix of the later films Savage Sisters (1984) Southern Comfort (1981).

9/10

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-10-14 11:27:40)

MoonRaven wrote:

On a Tim Burton kick.

What is your favorite Burton flick miss??? Just curious...

SOLSTICE [2008] rewatch

Damn I love this one. Not really scary but a very good Drama work by all the actors. Simple story but very efficient. Friends go to a house near a lake and a girl has lost her twin sister and she kinda come back and the living one discovers her secret.

Worth seeing just for Amanda Seyfriend in bikini in the lake. Drool. lol

Hellraiser: Deader

Farmhouse (2008)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0996934/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Bizarre movie mixed with present day and flashbacks.

I'm not sure the bad acting was bad acting, or that the director intended it to look bad.

Particularly William Lee Scott who played Chad whose performance was laughable in parts.

I kinda guessed the ending but I wasn't sure. But I was right.

Okay I suppose.

5/10

My Amityville Horror - a very interesting and entertaining documentary. Definitely recommend it to anyone interested in the Amityville house.

Insidious: Chapter 2
Loved it!

^^
@Samy- same/better than the original?  I really liked the original, but I heard that #2 was a bit of a let down.

kXnPunk wrote:
MoonRaven wrote:

On a Tim Burton kick.

What is your favorite Burton flick miss??? Just curious...

SOLSTICE [2008] rewatch

Damn I love this one. Not really scary but a very good Drama work by all the actors. Simple story but very efficient. Friends go to a house near a lake and a girl has lost her twin sister and she kinda come back and the living one discovers her secret.

Worth seeing just for Amanda Seyfriend in bikini in the lake. Drool. lol

I'm gonna have to go with Edward Scissorhands and Corpse Bride.

On a "blast from the past" kick this season, in the past week I've gone through:

I Spit On Your Grave (1978)
Pumpkinhead
Children of the Corn (1984)
The Hills Have Eyes (1977)
The HIlls Have Eyes II (1984)
An American Werewolf in London

Also, on a more recent (?) note:

From Hell
Bram Stoker's Dracula (love Gary Oldman!)

Last edited by LivingDeadDoll (2013-10-14 18:07:17)

Not really a horror film but a exploitation film nonetheless - Rolling Thunder (1977)

6/10.

Friday The 13th Part III

Legend of the Hell House.....saw it as a kid, loved it.   Loving it again.  Great movie.

"Sometimes They Comeback". I always wanted to watch this one and finally got around to it last night. I really liked it. A very good story and horror flick. Underrated on imdb imo.

Watched Slither last night.  I always forget just how much fun that movie is!

Demented.  Kind of fun 5.5/10

MoonRaven wrote:

I'm gonna have to go with Edward Scissorhands and Corpse Bride.

Sweet, Corpse Bride is my Favorite too. Nice. With Nightmare.

WON TON BABY! [2009]

Woah man what a trip this one was. Debbie Rochon is phenomenal like always but Suzi Lorraine is great too. Shit EVERYBODY is truely.
Weird, weird story with amazing visuals. Damn that was so fun. LOVED IT!!! Another EXCELLENT one from 2009... smile

Grave Encounters - mentioned above. I watched it too. Surprised how much I liked it. 7/10

Silent House - the remake of the Uruguayan film - la casa muda - I never saw the original, so maybe that's why I liked the remake. Lot of negative reviews for it, and I get the reasons for those reviews. But me I give it a 7/10. Predictable, but I feel like it was done well.

Finally saw

Insidious - 7/10 Good movie. But is it me or did they kind of break the whole feeling of the movie? The demon was spooky with just glimpses of him here and there, and then, in his house he's just this kooky guy sharpening his Freddy fingers listening to a very not spooky song.

^^^
Huge fan of Silent House myself. One of the best these recent years.

Disagreeing???
Like I give a damn... lol