Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Tonight's movie:  Land of the Minotaur AKA The Devil's Men.

I originally thought this was Ken Russells' The Devils....but it was not the case.

Despite staring Donald Pleascence,  Peter Cushing and a few long legged hotties, this movie's boring as anything.     

And the Detective character's a total douche.

Last edited by Ragnbone (2013-10-30 21:09:34)

kXnPunk wrote:

Love EVERYTHING Roth has done hey...

Aftershock? UGH. ;O)

^^^
Haven't seen yet but I LOOOVE the trailers.
Lots of people hated Crimson Grove but I freaking dig it.
Hey yeah, I'm a weird one. lol

Vasquez wrote:

The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh (1971)

One of the finest giallo I have seen yet.

9/10.

Very under-rated giallo, doesn't get near the attention it should.  And damn, Edwige Fenech.  Daddy like!

Ok, I'll be curious on this one. LOVED the concept. LOVED the poster. LOVED the look. Loved the movie? Nope. Escape from Tomorrow had an awesome premise, in case you didnt know this guy and his friends secretly filmed inside Disney World and then edited it to make a strange thriller. Well, its not to thrilling. Had great potential but I just didn't think they pulled it off. Oh Disney hasnt sued them over it either and of course they need to hype that up on their website. It was pretty mediocre.

5/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nfU_5NWBoE&html5=1

I guess you could almost say this is Carrie in grade school or maybe Carrie with a brogue. Anyway a nice little Irish film that was a bit dark. Not scary but just liked the story and found it a wee disturbing.

An isolated country house takes on a monstrous life of its own. Objects and furniture attack the inhabitants, leaving 11-year-old Niamh the only survivor of a bloody massacre that destroys her parents and her little brother, Ciaran. The police ignore her when she tries to tell them about the murderous rage of the house. She is taken in by family friends who try to give her some semblance of a normal life. But Niamh cannot find peace. All around her, signs of danger continue to manifest a lurking violence that soon unleashes itself again...

7/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=732vBngjBt0&html5=1

A Burton Night on TV now and they showed my 2 favorites movies from him ever.

CORPSE BRIDE [2005] rewatch

The best of Burton's animations. No doubt. Evrything is so damn perfect. Also love the musical element he's put into it. And that poor girl is sooo lovely. Yup, freaking FANTASTIC!!!

SLEEPY HOLLOW [1999] rewatch

Woah this movie is so freaking beautifully shot it's crazy. Fantastic images from beginning to end. And boy do I like Christina Ricci, her performance in this is just awesome. And well Depp well he's Depp, nothing to add. lol

I like how Tim mixes Black & White with colors in this, wonderful. And boy, what a cool story. Yes, me LOVES!!!

Thanatomorphose [2012]  Filmed in Quebec

Wow, I don't even know what to say.  I'll dispense with the plot and go right to the gross-icky scale.  On this, it gets a 9/10.  What a delightful little gross out.

^^^
Ahhhh YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!! What an incredible one. We don't do very much Horror movie but when we do they are insanely great little pieces. And Falardeau does great stuff.

Jack O Slasher - the single worst movie that I've ever seen. Bad beyond words. 0/10

Halloween (remake) - probably my 20th viewing and I still absolutely love it. One of the best remakes to date IMO.

Zombies H2 - I know it gets a ton of hate(and I understand why) but I can't help but like it. Love the make over that myers got, love the bizarre imagery and most of all I love the brutal, gory kills. Doesn't feel like a Halloween movie at all, but in a way that's part of its charm. My biggest problem with the film are the characters. I hate the way Zombie destroyed Dr. Loomis and Laurie Strode, also the ending on the unrated version sucks. 7/10

Madhouse (1974)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071790/?re … lmg_act_32

A classic in many ways.  Cushing and Price in great form.

10/10.

Yeah it has its faults but they don't and can't make them like that any more.

Last edited by Master Horror (2013-10-31 14:57:42)

Trick 'r Treat (re-watch).

An incredibly well done four-story horror anthology, and a near-perfect watch for Halloween evening/night.

The Creature wrote:

An incredibly well done four-story horror anthology, and a near-perfect watch for Halloween evening/night.

I just got done watching that movie, it's one of my favorites and perfect for Halloween

X TYRANT X wrote:
The Creature wrote:

I just got done watching that movie, it's one of my favorites and perfect for Halloween

Indeed. I'm not sure why I said it was "near-perfect" instead of just "perfect", but I amend my quote!

Interesting, X TYRANT X, I see you reside in Eau Claire...that's only about an hour's drive away from me! You are (I believe) the third Wisconsinite now posting on the forum.

Last edited by The Creature (2013-10-31 18:12:32)

The Creature wrote:
X TYRANT X wrote:
The Creature wrote:

Indeed. I'm not sure why I said it was "near-perfect" instead of just "perfect", but I amend my quote!

Interesting, X TYRANT X, I see you reside in Eau Claire...that's only about an hour's drive away from me! You are (I believe) the third Wisconsinite now posting on the forum.

haha, small world

Halloween 2 (1981, re-watch) - Always been a favorite of mine.
Halloween 3: Season of the Witch (re-watch) - Even better than part II, in my opinion.
Halloween (original, re-watch - of course) - An enduring classic that has yet to lose its favor-ability for many who have already seen it countless times.
Spider Baby (1964, first viewing) - I liked it. It was fun, ridiculous, unique. It was cool seeing Lon Chaney Jr. and Sid Haig in a film together. I missed out on about half the dialog of the movie because I was busy fiddling around with my speakers/headset, trying to get them into the same independent audio channel from my laptop. I'd like to watch this one again while paying a bit more attention to the characters.
Blood Rage (1987, first viewing) - Damn silly, but there were a couple of nice kills here and there. Nothing really special about the movie. Just low-budget, 1980's cheese with an ending that doesn't make a lot of sense. But Yoda does have a cameo, which makes up for nothing. tongue Fun movie to run a commentary on.

I watched these at H-Fest. I'll be off for the rest of the morning, but hopefully back in the game again by tomorrow afternoon. If you haven't stopped by yet, I encourage you to do so! It's quite a lot of fun.

"Byzantium" another attempt at a different approach for vampires and it just about  works. Most of this is down to Gemma Arterton who gves her best performance and looks damn sexy. Film reminded me at times of "the Hunger" and is directed by Neil Jordan who also did "interview With A Vampire" a much better film. Byzantium has it's moments and is even at times beautiful but for me it was too uneven and a few too many dull stretches. 6/10.

All Hallows' Eve (2013)

Looking after the kids for Halloween, While 10 year old boy finds a V/H/S in is bag of candy

First Baby sister tells them they can not watch, however, see soons lets watch first part of the movie.

So we are watching them watching a movie and goes back and Foward from the movie and seeing there reactions to gory parts of that movie.

The first story was very odd, A women a train that she notice a Clown, soon she taken and chained up with another two girls

This was very strange story, I didn't not find scary or creepy but dose kind of have
odd feel to it but this story was a bit scary.

Then the babysister turns it off and tells kids to go to bed.

Then she puts the tape back on again,

We see lady who as just moved into the house, she talking to friend how she loves how peachfull but soon she start to see and hearing thing around.

Before she start to get attacked by Alien that invade her house.

These scare the Baby sister so she turns off and then coner of her she see the Alien half face peeping on side of the door frame for a second.

That was really decent scene.

The next story was about girl going to Gas staion, only to witness the murder of man by the clown.

She tires get away but Clown is to fast for her.

I won't ruin the end of the movie, cause that the one better part of the movie, it very tense and creepy and fun at the same time.

But its nothing we not seen before.

6 out of 10 , some very decent gory part and some really good moments .

Wither (2012)

Ida and Albin are a happy couple. They set off to a cabin in the vast Swedish woodlands to have a fun holiday with their friends. But under the floorboards waits an evil from Sweden's dark past.

We this plot you maybe thinking its sounds a lot like Evil dead and most of the movie did remind me a lot of evil dead.

Two break away end up going under house to sneek off, as then lady sees some kind of creatures, soon he see her owns go back into her head.

Everything seem fine first, all having dinner, While girl is feeling lie, soon she takes turns into a infected person.

The man appears at door, hearing the noise. telling the story of how is wife and Daughter were killed by the same creature, who ever looks into eyes of the creature, the sole as been taken by them.

Soon it's speads around the cabin, this movie as so very gory moment (Not over the gory moments like Remake of Evil) Enough to please gore hounds and the creature did not look that bad , good make up effects, make them looks really creepy.

Very enjoyable movie, if you didn't like the remake of Evil Dead, Check this one out.

7 out of 10

Lighthouse (1999) I don't why but I got this for 50p the another day, so what the hell give a watch, thinking it hauted Light house.

It turns out it was more of slasher movie, A prison ship on its way to a remote island prison runs aground on rocks and sinks. Mixed survivors of cons and prison guards struggle ashore, only to discover to their horror that another survivor has made it ashore before them. Murderous psychotic, Leo Rook, who not only had a hand in the ship's sinking but has decapitated all but one of the island's lighthouse crew. Stranded, with no means of escape or call for help, the survivors must face a night of terror as they know that since they've learned that Leo survived going down with the ship he can't let any of them live and is hellbent on adding their severed heads to his collection.

Well I don't know to really make out of this, it didn't hate but I didn't love either, i thougth it flowed,

There were some bloody deaths in this movie but I didn't find him scary at all but I did enjoy those very tense scenes were some were hiding from him.

If you may seem a little funny but the whole way to predicable, you know how the movie was going to end.

4 out of 10
Tindie is online now  Report Post

C.H.U.D. II - Bud the Chud

10/10 i liked every second of it

V/H/S  (2012)

I've heard about this numerous times on this forum and around the internet so I thought I'd give it a watch. I thought the concept of the movie to be interesting however the movie itself didn't really do anything for me, and at parts I was even quite bored which is a shame because I wanted to enjoy this, I really did.

4/10 Here's to hoping the second one is better.

^^^
Still haven't seen that bastard, And damn, I rewatch ones I've seen already, how crazy am I??? lol

LORDS OF SALEM [2013] rewatch

A total MASTERPIECE. Second watch even better than the first a while back. And damn, the quality was much better than the one I grabbed online, Only one special feature but a cool one, Man what a beautiful mobie it is, the images are absolutely MARVELOUS!!! And said it before and I'll say it again, reminds me of Suspiria. Hreat flick, like ALL Zombie does. He's definitely coming from H3LL this guy. No doubt. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-11-02 12:27:28)

To keep the October/Halloween tradition alive, plus because I have got a list of tons of films to check out, today's movie is a classic.  I think I saw it before when it was originally released in the theaters:  1980's He Knows Your Alone. 

first thing, ha, the cheesy 80's pop music....
Credits: the music is a rip of Halloween, and the police lights remind me of Police Squad!

one more thing: Paul Gleason's in it which is cool.  And it was interesting seeing Tom Hanks not getting top billing but rather low in the credits since he was a nobody when this film was made.

fun movie, typical slasher flick from a great era.  haha, really dug the ending.

God Told Me To - cool Larry Cohen movie, dug it a lot.

Going to Pieces: The Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film - a cool documentary.

Blood Frenzy- 1987 - this movie grew on me, 80's slasher, not bad, hot chicks and interesting characters.

Burnt Offerings- cool, a Dan Curtis film with Oliver Reed, Burgess Meredith, Bette Davis and Karen Black!  Remember watching this one as a kid and liking it.

Last edited by Ragnbone (2013-11-02 22:41:09)

Slaughter High

I kept being told that 'Men Behind The Sun' was a Horror movie so I checked it out.
Not exactly a Horror movie yet was what I'd call horrifying.

The Conjuring. Still really enjoyed it.

I saw the new Carrie in theaters last night for a date night with my husband.
I went in with really low expectations.
I give it a 6.5/10 which is more than I thought I would give it.