Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Theli wrote:

How could you not like it?

By not liking it.  To wit...

Trick r' Treat is easily one of the best horror movies of the last 20 years.

I say the same thing about The Blair Witch Project, but there are still plenty of folks out there who disagree with me on that, too.

Yeah, not on Facebook every day, so I tend to miss things, tongue

^^^
I'm one of them. THE MOST SCARY MOVIE OF ALL TIMES to me. No doubt. But like Vasquez said, it'd be boring if we had the same opinion.

Just keep yours for yourself, I DON'T WANT THEM!!! lol

Yea, you want the leftover opinions, not fresh ones, lol

I'm also not a fan of Blair Witch Project. I do appreciate it for what it is, and it's genius marketing campaign, and even ultimately the subgenre it spawned, but the movie itself just does nothing for me.

Alucard the Risen wrote:

Yea, you want the leftover opinions, not fresh ones, lol

No I just want mine, that's really enough for me, they're extremely wild so...

I love the Blair Witch Project. It was actually the movie I watched at 6 in the morning on Christmas Day last year lol. Shows how much I am into Christmas or how much I am into horror movies LOL.

Well I'll give it high marks for originality that's for sure! Jug Face.

Jug Face tells the story of a pregnant teen trying to escape a backwoods community when she discovers that she may be sacrificed to a creature in a pit.

Thought it started off pretty strong and the whole backwoods clan was kind of creepy but as it went on it just kind of lost it for me and thought there were just some unanswered questions that left the story hanging I thought. The director definitely has some potential!

6/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGSvhDcimJg&html5=1

Theli wrote:

Dagon was a good adaptation of Shadow Over Innsmouth. Sounds like I need to check out Cthulhu, hadn't heard of it before.

This one is nowhere near "Dagon", Theli, so don't raise your hopes too high. Unfortunately, Dagon remains the best adaptation of a HPL novel (Az might correct me on this one).

ZombieX   Uhhhmm, errrr, uhhhh

Hicks wrote:
Theli wrote:

Dagon was a good adaptation of Shadow Over Innsmouth. Sounds like I need to check out Cthulhu, hadn't heard of it before.

This one is nowhere near "Dagon", Theli, so don't raise your hopes too high. Unfortunately, Dagon remains the best adaptation of a HPL novel (Az might correct me on this one).

HPLHS's Call of Cthulhu was pretty awesomem I haven't seen their Whisperer in the Darkness. As is Re-Animator and From Beyond. Stuart is the king of Lovecraft films, Yuzna too.

I haven't seen WitD either, so I might give it a try first time I get the chance. As for the Re-animator series, although awesome, it's hard to consider it part of HPL's universe. You might want to try "La herencia Valdemar" also. It's not an actual adaptation, but it's a pretty nice tribute payed to Lovecraft's work.

One of those that would have been more coherent if shorter?

THE LADY VANISHES [1979]

A remake of Hitchcock's by Hammer. H3LL how better could this be??? Not much really. Freaking AWESOME. I loved how they adapted Alfred's one. Just great. Like ALL Hammer movies. smile

Kill List, again for the 2nd time this week, this movie is just so well put together and so messed up I love it

The Lords of Salem

Heard a lot of mixed things going in, but I've enjoyed Zombie's movies so far (should point out that I haven't seen his Halloween 2 tongue). At times it felt like it wasn't a movie and was stuck as a creepy music video. It's artsy on the visuals, maybe not overly so but it felt like it wasn't enough to cover for the relatively light plot.

But saying that I did enjoy the movie more than I thought I would. I liked the characters - some of those witches were creepy - and a lot of the time I was thinking, 'Damn, Ken Foree has aged well, but what's up with that wig?' Sheri was okay, too.

What actually shocked me was that the ending completely snuck up on me. I did watch it in two sittings, but still. When the credits hit I thought there was something wrong. I guess it's no huge drawback but it felt abrupt.

7/10

(Even to me that score seems inflated... but The Lords drew me in)

Resident Evil:Apocalypse- Other than the first RE, (IMO) none of them are that good, except for the fact that Milla Jovovidh is in them.
5/10

^^^
My favorite of them all aside the first is Extinction. That scene where she burns down the crows is amazing. smile

Apocalypse was filmed in Toronto BTW. The thing she gets down with a rope is actually the town hall. Sweet.

Monster Man-Has a little dark humor to it. I liked it! If you haven't seen it, check it out.
At the very end, I should not have found that funny but I did. Gross but funny tongue

Body Snatchers (1993)

7/10.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't take the time to look it up but wasn't the Poughkeepsie Tapes one of the earlier found footage films before the genre exploded? BTW I'm not a big fan of them but have wanted to see this as I heard good things.

Anyway, have to say it was one of the better ones! A little disturbing at times but thought it was pretty well put together. Not sure why it was never released or what all the back story is on it but if you can find it I'd recommend it. My friend's copy seemed a bit dark and grainy during the "footage" parts not sure if that was how it was intended or not but didn't hinder it for me.

7/10

The Blair Witch Project (1999), while not the first found footage flick, is nevertheless the one responsible for the explosion of found-footage flicks.  The Poughkeepsie Tapes was made in '07.  Still hasn't had an official release as far as I know -- not even on DVD -- though it is readily available online.

One word, WOW! The Seasoning House!!! The Seasoning House - where young girls are prostituted to the military. An orphaned deaf mute is enslaved to care for them. She moves between the walls and crawlspaces, planning her escape. Planning her ingenious and brutal revenge.

I haven't seen a movie this brutal, disturbing, thrilling and suspenseful in ages! The lead actress was amazing at what she endured!

This is one director I'm keeping my eye on!

10/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQic0PNw_hU&html5=1

American Mary: Second viewing was even better than the first. I was able to watch it alone this time, which meant no distractions. Very well written, directed, acted.

QUEEN OF THE DAMNED [2002] rewatch

Man what a cool one this is. Aaliyah amazes me everytime I watch it. RIP dear you're missed. A very nice Vamp story pretty different from anything of the genre. A great one.