Re: Last horror movie you watched?

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Haven't you thought of watching them alone??? big_smile

I'm a terribly person to watch movies with, so I avoid doing it.

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
I disagree, her traps were much more creepy and sick in the remake making it more disturbing IMO...

But Alucard, check out the second if you liked this one.

Her revenge isn't creepy in either one to me. It's the actual rape that turns me off. And in the original flick it's more prolonged.

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
I disagree, her traps were much more creepy and sick in the remake making it more disturbing IMO...

But Alucard, check out the second if you liked this one.

I've already seen and own the second one. I like the original, less brutality for solely brutality's sake, she was far more clever, not needing elaborate traps, she simply lured them in a silenty took them out, all the remake did was ratchet up the violence and change the story, like almost all remakes.

Rare Export

floridapossum wrote:

Toad Road, Open Grave and another one that I have forgotten

XD

Toad Road? Hard to be frightened going in with a title like that, tongue

Sorry nothing has come out I wanna see although I forgot about VHS 2 so going to check that out. Wasnt a big fan of the first but.....

Anyway, wanted to share this as it was kind of fun and appropriate for the holidays

8 Awesome Christmas Themed Short Horror Films

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror-shor … d-95298525

^^^
Yeah saw that this morning, VERY COOL!!! smile

YELLOWBRICKROAD [2010]

Man what a cool and very creepy foundfootage/documentary like one. Extremely well constructed story and wild acting. The ending is sick.
Beautiful cinematography. Enjoyed a whole lot. smile

All the grass is black......It's our home...

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-12-18 22:44:01)

mathisvogel wrote:

Alone in the Dark (1982)

that movie was a blast.

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^

YELLOWBRICKROAD [2010]

Man what a cool and very creepy foundfootage/documentary like one. Extremely well constructed story and wild acting. The ending is sick.

Yellow Brick Road was a messed up film.  In a good way.   It messed with your mind.

Last edited by Ragnbone (2013-12-18 22:51:45)

^^^
Indeed and a whole lot. big_smile

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^

YELLOWBRICKROAD [2010]

This is one of my all time favorite horror movies! It never really got the attention it deserved but everybody I know who saw it seems to like it. I got lucky enough to find a copy for sale at a local video store for only 2 bucks a while back.

^^^
Very cool. Gonna grab the DVD sometime after the holidays. Way too good. smile

Ragnbone wrote:
mathisvogel wrote:

Alone in the Dark (1982)

that movie was a blast.

One of my favourite 80's slashers.

Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale

It was really good.

^^^
I'm curious about that one. Been seeing it pop up everywhere these days... Guess I'll watch it sooner than I thought. smile

Black Sunday (1960) - 8.5/10

Certainly one of Mario Bava's best films. He once again does not fail to impress audiences with his gift for brilliant cinematography. I feel that this is one of the most visceral black and white films that one is ever likely to see. The featured story makes for a very good witch flick. And let's not forget, this is also Barbara Steele's first big role, and she is beautiful in it.

^^^
Oh that's one I've never seen. But that's gonna change. Especially since Barbara's in it. I love the chick. big_smile

^ Oh, you will totally dig Black Sunday if you give it a try, Punk. Guaranteed, especially if you're a fan of both Barbara Steele and Mario Bava.

Thanks for the heads up. wolfman mentioned it earlier but didn't pay attention... roll

Gonna watch the Innocents (1961) tomorrow on the big screen. Looking forward to it.

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-12-19 16:59:25)

^That should be fun!

Punk, check out Black Sunday when you can, you are guaranteed to like it.

^^^
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/26/20/71/262071649b04ee84f4e08e1eb137d8b9.jpg

Hahahaha

Nice!

I just finished watching Body Bags. It was a pretty fun and sometimes disturbing anthology. The first one was really well shot, and very tense. The second one, Hair, was pretty gross but pretty funny. Stacey Keech does a great job in this one. The last one is possible the best, it's kind of a Hands of Orlac type story, though in this case it's eye surgery instead of the hand transplant. John Carpenter as the coroner in the surrounding story was awesome too. A great watch, one of the better anthologies I have seen.

Last edited by Theli (2013-12-19 18:02:41)

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/26/20/71/262071649b04ee84f4e08e1eb137d8b9.jpg

Hahahaha

You should get the Arrow release of it.

^^^
I surely will buy the Arrow DVD once I've watched this one.