Re: Last horror movie you watched?

I remember not being totally blown away by it on first viewing, maybe because it was hyped up quite a bit. I really need to rewatch it. I have been finding recently that i lot of the movies that I saw for the first time as a teen or young adult and did not like, I am growing to appreciate more on second viewing. It happened with Ginger Snaps and Jaws to a lesser extent. I remember the ending being weak sauce though.

Last edited by Theli (2014-02-18 15:22:36)

Theli wrote:

I remember not being totally blown away by it on first viewing, maybe because it was hyped up quite a bit. I really need to rewatch it. I have been finding recently that i lot of the movies that I saw for the first time as a teen or young adult and did not like, I am growing to appreciate more on second viewing. It happened with Ginger Snaps and Jaws to a lesser extent. I remember the ending being weak sauce though.

I'm finding out the same realization for myself, Theli. Your perception of watching a film as a child changes drastically in comparison to watching the same film as a young teenager. Likewise, watching a film as a young adult versus a full-grown man is also likely to see a significant change in perception, and thus a change in personal tastes and the overall likability of the film upon second or third viewings. Sometimes it's even a totally new experience. Like, for me with Poltergeist II.

Very astute observation, I agree completely.

The Devil's Child (2007)

Very slow movie, not much action in the movies, most of the action is actually off screen, You find hard to connect with anyone in this movie.

The movie was far to long for me, Kind of drag in some parts, Found first half kind of annoying, With Josh playing the piano and the new born baby crying no-stop, got boring,

Mum will starting to losing as she getting fed up of the new born baby, Odd small things happen, that Josh is doing, who is very creepy in every seen he is in.

I didn't like the how movie ended at all, the movie stay on one level for all movie, never really pick up!

5 out of 10 Disappoint

The Bad Seed next!

Theli wrote:

I remember the ending being weak sauce though.

How can De France discovering she IS actually the killer herself can be weak??? Man I don't know what it takes you bro. lol

But yeah I've always digged the movie and I saw it a lot maybe not as much as Inside, Martyrs or Mutants but still close and it's up there on the french ones list. big_smile

THE ORPHAN KILLER [2011]

Man what an extremely cool Gory as mad one this was. The killer's mask is just so damn kick ass. A very cool Slasher. The best scene is when he grabs and kidnaps Audrey played wonderfully by Diane Foster which has very nice naked Boobs in the shower and straps her in Barbed Wires and when disturbed by something up there he smacks a screwdriver in her tigh. HOLY FUCKING OUCH DAMNIT that must hurt as H3LL. Very cool ending with the surpise box Skeleton. Yep. I LOVED this crap as IMDb rating puts it. 3 dot something to which I gave 10. lol

Great images as seen here, that's the screwdriver part. big_smile

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/af/cf/4d/afcf4d228be37db2f52ef353b80f8de6.jpg

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-02-18 21:15:46)

I watched a strange movie yesterday called I Sell the Dead. It was a kind of a horror comedy period piece, structured in episodic fashion. It centers around a man telling his confessional before being beheaded, and confessing to years as a body Snatcher. It features Dominic Monaghan in the main role and Ron Perlman as his confessor. It's not really that funny, but it was an interesting and strange watch. It was good, but not great.

Silent Night, Deadly Night (re-watch, 1984) - 8/10

Always an enjoyable and fun to watch cheesy slasher flick (however controversial it was for its time). The set-up/background story for the film is really cool, and the remaining story that takes place after the opening is of course tons of fun. Creepy dude lurking in a Santa Clause costume handling an axe; can't get much better than that! The oh so beautiful Linnea Quigley has a role in this film as well....boobies!!

==========================
The Creature-Meter (Movie Rating Scale/System, for your reference)
10 (A+) 9.5 (A) 9 (A-) 8.5 (B+) 8 (B) 7.5 (B-) 7 (C+)
6.5 (C) 6 (C-) 5.5 (D+) 5 (D) 4.5 (D-)
4, 3, 2 = Fail!
1 = Pitiful, the worst, a disease of a movie, etc., etc.

Antisocial

Spoiler Alert-but it doesn't really matter because the movie was kind of lame. It's up to you....I mention the big reveal at the end. 

If you want to read scroll down otherwise my rating and link to trailer is here:

5/10 for the gore

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD-IxLjk2Cc&html5=1

How's this for a synopsis-the big reveal: The development team behind a Facebook like social media site starts sending out subliminal signals to get more users to post and share more stuff. It spirals out of control and basically creates a brain tumor that eventually turns you into a raving lunatic. end.

Yea, that could happen.

Actually this reminded me of an old movie similar concept but can't think of it off hand. There were a couple of minor flaws, if there was such an outbreak it seems like there would have been more noise and commotion going on outside. Also, the lead male sees the subliminal message but doesn't contract anything as fast as the prior victims did. Nor does the leading lady. Sorry I'm probably being overly picky.

On a plus note it did have some cool hallucinations and some good gore but it came towards the end and a little too late for me.

Watch out for Antisocial 2 possibly.

5/10 for the gore

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD-IxLjk2Cc&html5=1

Last edited by JoeTerror (2014-02-18 23:43:38)

Antisocial sounds like it could be real.  Actually, I'd be surprised if it wasn't!

^^^
Hey still Cronenberg's kid's first so I'll still give it a go. big_smile

SCARY MOVIE 5 [2013]

Oh H3LL man the laugh riot that has been. INSANELY badass cast which deliver the hilary very well. Ashley Tisdale and Katrina Bowden are brilliant and Sheen and the good ol' Snoop Dog are mad.

BUT MAN LINDSAY LOHAN WOAH. Fuck I'm so in desperate love with this naughty babe it's crazy.

I loved it totally. Like ALL the previous ones. Yup, long time fan.

I KNOW WHO KILLED ME [2007] rewatch for the I have not enough hair to count them

Well they please me a lot tonight. 2 LiLo flicks one after the other...
And aside Mean Girls, that's the one which I think is the most PERFECT and boy so well done, creepy as all fucking H3LL. Love the use of blue in the shots, And man, that piano teacher is sick. The scene where she stitches back her finger man, intense!!!

But her STRIPTEASE MAN WOOOOOOOOOO!!! H3LL YESSSsss!!! Way too ÜBER SEXY!!! Yum.

I love the story, very weird that the character in her stories are the identity she takes when she wakes up after that girl finds her. And that invisible pain in the leg was cool too. Man the boyfriend that wants some rubbers, was HILARIOUS!!! Great job to get her out of there.

War Love damn the crazy tattoed guy stuff. Woah...

Yes, BIG HUGE FAN I am, does it show??? I gues it does... lol

http://guestofaguest.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/lindsay-lohan-stripper-pole-i-know-who-killed-me2.jpg

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-02-19 01:37:44)

So you only liked the movie because there were "hot" girls in it?

Nope NOT AT ALL. READ damnit. lol

kXnPunk wrote:

- Oh H3LL man the laugh riot
- I love the story

tongue

And boy the effects and cinematography in both... WOAH!!!

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-02-19 01:41:53)

I read you laughed and it had hot girls.  I won't shit in your cereal over it.  I'll watch it.

^ Fulcento shat in my raviolis when I wasn't looking once. True story.

(see the horror movie draft discussion thread for total anecdotal evidence).

Well thank you OldLaughingLadyMatt.

And yeah I saw that The Creature and I laughed. lol

What's up with him these days, I wanna keep that thread going, took me a while to get it but finally I dig it.

COME BACK YOU IN RAVIOLI SHITTER!!! lol

^haha

Just watched Fright Night for the first time. This is a movie I should have watched a long time ago. Very visually pleasing, and the soundtrack is top notch as well. It's a sort of tribute to the older vampire flicks, especially the hammer ones. The story itself is very much a modern Dracula, but without labeling itself such it removes certain expectations and stigmas. The characters are unique, different than your usual cast. The heroes are an awkward but fun bunch. The name Peter Vincent brings to mind Vincent Price, but the character himself is very much the Helsing of this story and is much more reminiscent Peter Cushing, a very nice tribute to the actor I think. The whole film had some great FX, but Evil Ed's wolf transformation sequences had exceptionally stand out special FX and was very shocking. I really can't say anything bad about this flick, I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Theli, are you talking the original which I very much liked or the re-imagining which I felt was a waste of money?

The original. Haven't seen the remake yet.

Theli wrote:

I watched a strange movie yesterday called I Sell the Dead. It was a kind of a horror comedy period piece, structured in episodic fashion. It centers around a man telling his confessional before being beheaded, and confessing to years as a body Snatcher. It features Dominic Monaghan in the main role and Ron Perlman as his confessor. It's not really that funny, but it was an interesting and strange watch. It was good, but not great.

I actually enjoyed this one quite a bit. I'm surprised it doesn't get more recognition.

GHOST DADDY wrote:

Theli, are you talking the original which I very much liked or the re-imagining which I felt was a waste of money?

C'mon, dude, it's not that bad. I'll even go as far as saying it is pretty good. Definitely one of the better remakes out there.

Rob Zombie's "Halloween II" (2009)
I usually don't miss the opportunity to trash a slasher, but this isn't the case. The only thing going wrong for this one is its appurtenance to the "Halloween" franchise. If it was called "Rock'n'roll killer on roll" or any other absurd name like that, it certainly would have received better reviews. The first 15-20 minutes are pretty damn awesome even, and the rest of it not bad at all.

Love, love, love the original Fright Night.  Hate, hate, hate the remake.

As for Zombie's Halloween 2, I thought it was the worst horror flick I saw in '09.  Even worse than the Friday the 13th remake, which I disliked so much I literally stormed out of the theater.

Eh, to each his own. smile

LoudLon wrote:

Love, love, love the original Fright Night.  Hate, hate, hate the remake.

As for Zombie's Halloween 2, I thought it was the worst horror flick I saw in '09.  Even worse than the Friday the 13th remake, which I disliked so much I literally stormed out of the theater.

Eh, to each his own. smile

That went well:)
I also love the original FN, but I was pleased with the remake. It was funny when it needed to be, it was scary when it needed to be and the cast was equally brilliant to the original cast, kind of. It lacked two attributes though : the originality (duh) and the nostalgia feeling that I experience every time I rewatch the original.

Those were my two biggest complaints as well, the third being everything else about it. lol

smile))
To each his own indeed.

I'll give it a shot. I am not opposed to remakes and I like Colin Farrell.

You guys and you incomprehensible hate for remakes freak me out... roll

I might be alone in my crew but I LIKE the new Fright Nights MUCH MUCH MORE!!! The first one was cool but never as badass as this new one.

Eat that!!! tongue

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-02-19 21:35:47)