Re: Last horror movie you watched?

I've never even heard of it. lol

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (2012)

A 'meh' type of movie. Could have been a lot better.

This is the first time I have seen it from start to finish.

The last time I fast forwarded the movie because it was a bit boring.

5.5/10.

Anyone seen Wer (2013) yet?

I be dying for werewolf movie for years, I don't care if going be  great or shit lol

I really looking forward to watching later!

Master Horror wrote:

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (2012)

A 'meh' type of movie. Could have been a lot better.

This is the first time I have seen it from start to finish.

The last time I fast forwarded the movie because it was a bit boring.

5.5/10.

Love vampire flicks but most likely won't be touching this one. Too gimmicky.

Watched Chillerama again last night. It's become a favourite amongst my group. A damn fun movie that about as stupid as the come. Great anthology horror lampooning/paying tribute to a bygone era in film.

BASSI wrote:

Anyone seen Wer (2013) yet?

I be dying for werewolf movie for years, I don't care if going be  great or shit lol

I really looking forward to watching later!

Bassi, I recommend you "Lobos de Agra", aka "Game of werewolves". It may be a horror comedy, but it's a true and honest ww film, no bullshit involved.

I thought Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter sucked. Plain ol' boring.

^Good to have my suspicions re-affirmed!

The Bay (2012)

Worth a watch, but not very memorable. It would've been better without the found-footage style.

Theli wrote:

Screw you all. How can anybody NOT like a film WITH MARY ELIZABETH WINSTEAD and BADASS Vampire Hunter Lincoln with an axe in hand is beyond me...

I guess I don't live in the same planet as you do. lol

kXnPunk wrote:
Theli wrote:

Screw you all. How can anybody NOT like a film WITH MARY ELIZABETH WINSTEAD and BADASS Vampire Hunter Lincoln with an axe in hand is beyond me...

I guess I don't live in the same planet as you do. lol

As awesome as MEW is, she won't make that movie better. Theli, it's "don't waste your money on it" bad, but you can waste you time if you catch it on tv or something. I've certainly seen worst.

Actually, I quite liked ABRAHAM LINCOLN, VAMPIRE HUNTER.

^^^
At least I'm not the only one living in my weird as fuck planet. Hahaha lol

Mega Shark vs Mecha Shark

Ugh...time I'll never get back.

^^^
I'm guessing it's a SyFy one right???

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
I'm guessing it's a SyFy one right???

Yeah, that's the one. Bad to say but Sharknado was better. lol.

The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms (1953) - 8.5/10 (letter grade: B+)

This is probably one of the best giant monster movies of all-time. The film is about an atomic bomb exploding in the Arctic, which ends the quiet hibernation of the great Rhedosaurus (fictional dinosaur) and unleashes its unmerciful reptilian wrath. The beast makes its way from the Arctic all the way down to NYC, where further havoc occurs and an army of men try to stop it from destroying more of the city than it already has. The creature effects are done by the legendary Ray Harryhausen, and the script is based off of a story by Ray Bradbury. A simple story reflecting the fears of the 1950's atomic age is presented, along with likeable characters and one really cool lookin' monster smashin' the shite out of stuff. Cool movie, through and through.

changeling wrote:

an oldie but a goodie)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/5/6vnf.jpg

I've never heard of that one either. Looks cool as hell though.

^^^
Oh H3LL yes it is a total entertaining BLAST!!! smile

The Creature wrote:

The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms (1953) - 8.5/10 (letter grade: B+)

This is probably one of the best giant monster movies of all-time. The film is about an atomic bomb exploding in the Arctic, which ends the quiet hibernation of the great Rhedosaurus (fictional dinosaur) and unleashes its unmerciful reptilian wrath. The beast makes its way from the Arctic all the way down to NYC, where further havoc occurs and an army of men try to stop it from destroying more of the city than it already has. The creature effects are done by the legendary Ray Harryhausen, and the script is based off of a story by Ray Bradbury. A simple story reflecting the fears of the 1950's atomic age is presented, along with likeable characters and one really cool lookin' monster smashin' the shite out of stuff. Cool movie, through and through.

I couldn't agree more man, such an insanely cool one. Beautiful Beasts design. smile

I sell the Dead. it set in the 19th century aboth grave robbing comedy horror but its still ok?

In Fear(2013)

Very slow burn, so if you aren't into those, I suggest not.

Really gets going in the last 20 minutes. Was pretty satisfied in the end.

7.5/10

CaptainCrazii wrote:

In Fear(2013)

Very slow burn, so if you aren't into those, I suggest not.

Really gets going in the last 20 minutes. Was pretty satisfied in the end.

7.5/10

Downloading this one right now.

Eddiepfin83 wrote:

I sell the Dead. it set in the 19th century aboth grave robbing comedy horror but its still ok?

Not bad, not amazing. Had some fun with it.

Lights Out (2013)

Excellent short horror movie with a running time of 2m40s.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fDzdDfviLI

7/10

Last edited by Promise (2014-03-18 02:15:30)

Wer (2014) 

I really don't know what to make of this movie, I thought it was found footage movie, but it wasn't at all, there was some found footages parts in the movie.

I thought it was some tense at first but as the movie went on, it  felt... Well it wasn't really that tense at all.

They didn't really explain what this person was,  Was he Human, or  some of were wolf that some super power strength.

This movie was very nasty at times, Head smashed, limbs flying off here and there, the good an nasty kind of gross. (Those parts I enjoyed)

I didn't not like how the story moved forward at all, I hated last few scenes from the movie,

Why can't we not have normal were wolf, were there no bloody battle  between,  super human hairy guy, and guy who saved he head to fight the beast after he turned too.

Well I gave this movie 5 out of 10

I just finished watching Dracula's Daughter. I'd watched it once before not too long ago, but I had enjoyed it quite a bit the first time so had go back for seconds. It's stands up quite well on second viewing. A very somber and dark movie, with a sort of noir feel to it. The countess is a tragic role, one with sympathy, not just a bloodsucking devil. It also features most probably the first human/vampire relationship, and a vampire wanting to become human. It's astounding what can still be achieved even when your artistic expression is neutered by censors. The film is low one gore and deaths, though there is a few, but high on dark and eerie atmosphere. The film does have a bit of comic relief that falls pretty flat these days, but it hardly detracts from the film in any sense. Dracula's Daughter, though missing Lugosi, easily lives up to it's predecessor, perhaps even surpassing it in some ways.