Re: Last horror movie you watched?

wake wood (2011)- not a bad little Irish flick, somewhat like pet cemetery. has an interesting story,  I would give it a 7/10

^^^
Oh now that you mention it, I agree, with the Pet Cemetary kind of feel.

Theli wrote:
kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Katharine Isabelle man... big_smile

Yup, that's the best part of the flick! Second best being Freddy.

Of course, Freddy RULES ALL man, best Horror killer EVER!!! Well for me. smile

FIDO [2006]

Man this is the most unique and different Zombie flick I've ever seen. I've seen Warm Bodies which push the Zombie story far away from what we're used to but THIS one is a step ahead. Boy it's such an incredibly marvelous little piece. The story is so damn well put it's MAD!!! So yeah, I really enjoyed it from beginning to end.

Now I want a Zombie in here to clean up my mess... lol

Just finished knights of badassdom - my inner nerd sqweeed with glee as i saw a truly epic quest unfold big_smile

13 Sins (2014) - Im sure im not the only one now who has compared this to "13 Game of Death". But comparisons aside, this one was different enough that it was still pretty entertaining. The ending was a bit of a surprise, which was nice. Overall, not a bad effort. Worth a watch.

6.5/10

^^^
Ahhh man, damn you, never seen 13 Games Of Death so I have to find it now because I loved 13 Sins. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-03-27 01:27:20)

VAMPIRE ACADEMY [2014] rewatch

Man this is definitely the funniest damn Vampire movie I've seen in ALL MY FREAKING LIFE!!! H3LL their lines are so hilarious I was ROTFLMFAO the whole movie. Yes, I strongly recommend, it's such an amazing blast and man, Zoey Dutch, Lucy Fry, Sarah Hyland, Gabriel Byrne and the gorgeous Olga Kurylenko are awesome!!!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pnhHQ4-uPGE/Ulg6GGb7DFI/AAAAAAABIfo/Ww0PBeXX5Tg/s1600/VA.JPG

kXnPunk wrote:

VAMPIRE ACADEMY [2014] rewatch

Man this is definitely the funniest damn Vampire movie I've seen in ALL MY FREAKING LIFE!!! H3LL their lines are so hilarious I was ROTFLMFAO the whole movie. Yes, I strongly recommend, it's such an amazing blast and man, Zoey Dutch, Lucy Fry, Sarah Hyland, Gabriel Byrne and the gorgeous Olga Kurylenko are awesome!!!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pnhHQ4-uPGE/Ulg6GGb7DFI/AAAAAAABIfo/Ww0PBeXX5Tg/s1600/VA.JPG

I've download that, ready to watch. Just need to be in the right mood.

^^^
Man be aware that the Cam version that's the only thing online now is crappy as all H3LL so you might just wait a bit more. I didn't care because I've been so damn waiting for this one like a fool that even that bad quality didn't bother me. One of the next DVDs I'll be buying for sure. Too good. Yes I'm definitely psyched about this one, especially after a second viewing. big_smile

LoudLon wrote:

Oh, I should mention -- my dad is a pentecostal reverend.  Still, to his (begrudged) credit, he did sit through the whole thing. lol

That's hilarious lol props to him.

I think Hard Target was John Woo's best American action film.   Not a fan of everything else he's done since.   His Hong Kong movies kicked butt and raised the bar for action movies, but when he came here it got watered down.  Then The Matrix came along and turned everything on it's head for better or worse I guess.

Dead Snow (2009) rewatch

8/10

world war z    it's starting to grow on me a little bit

Ash's missing hand wrote:

world war z    it's starting to grow on me a little bit

I don't get why Brad Pitt chooses to do such bland roles sometimes.  The movie was okayish, guess it just wasn't my type.

I resisted WWZ at first because, for one, I'm not much for big, dumb blockbuster disaster movies, and two, the idea of a PG-13 zombie movie simply didn't appeal to me.  What's the point of having zombies in a movie if you're not going to show them biting chunks out of people and spewing guts everywhere?  If any movie genre or sub-genre warrant excessive bloodshed and graphic violence, it's the zombie movie.  I mean come on, it's a no-brainer.

That said...

I did ultimately end up watching it, and was pleasantly surprised.  It's not the best zombie flick ever made but I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.  I liked that since they didn't paint the screen red with blood and guts, they at least made the effort to include some tension and suspense.  As for Pitt, I like him better in character roles (True Romance, Kalifornia, Inglourious Basterds, Fight Club, Mr. and Mrs. Smith) but he made an acceptable Action Hero in this flick.

^^^
I have so much hate for fast Zombies that I won't even watch this one... It's just totally illogical to me. They're rotting corpses aren't dead??? Yeah eating human flesh gives them more strenght but for running like in WWZ they would have to eat a freaking ARMY of them humans really so nope, I'm out with this one. In fact I've been out since I saw them running in the trailers. And if I wanna see some great Brad Pitt acting, I'll just stick my Demon God of cinema Tarentino's Inglorious Basterds... Gneh. lol

Yeah, I'm also anti-fast zombies, but it's funny -- I enjoyed both this flick and the Dawn of the Dead remake, which both feature fast zombies.  I shouldn't have liked either, but I did. lol

I really couldn't care less about horror mythos or tradition. Fast zombies, slow zombies, regular vampires, sparkly vampires, etc. What I care about is if it's a good movie. People should have creative freedom to do what they want, otherwise how would we have ended up with the Romero/Russo zombies in the first place?

^^^
Yeah, I should be the one saying that but obviously I'm not... lol

Maybe I'm becoming normal. Mwahahaha

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/843/0fje.jpg

Basket Case.

Theli wrote:

I really couldn't care less about horror mythos or tradition. Fast zombies, slow zombies, regular vampires, sparkly vampires, etc. What I care about is if it's a good movie. People should have creative freedom to do what they want, otherwise how would we have ended up with the Romero/Russo zombies in the first place?

Very well said, I agree 100%

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
I have so much hate for fast Zombies that I won't even watch this one... It's just totally illogical to me. They're rotting corpses aren't dead??? Yeah eating human flesh gives them more strenght but for running like in WWZ they would have to eat a freaking ARMY of them humans really so nope, I'm out with this one. In fact I've been out since I saw them running in the trailers. And if I wanna see some great Brad Pitt acting, I'll just stick my Demon God of cinema Tarentino's Inglorious Basterds... Gneh. lol

Actually, what about recently deceased? Wouldn't they still have the ability to do some of the normal things before they lose all they're blood and start to decompose? Maybe not to the extent we see in WWZ but, ya know? Reminds me of a story written by Swollenguy from here on the forum (remember him anyone?). Fresh zombies moved more like normal and previously dead corpses moved much slower and what not..pretty cool concept.

^^^
That's interesting. Yeah he comes over once in a while and writes GREAT stuff. That's a very interesting concept too. Makes total sense. Makes me think about the Zombie Dobermans in Res Evil. These guys might have been Dead and rotting but H3LL they were fast. Just like that girl that bites Michelle. She was a fast fuck. lol

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-bz8nNJCClPs/UFIJIwupDRI/AAAAAAAADN8/zdX9dUI6GAQ/s1600/re-ap-020.jpg

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-03-27 15:16:36)

changeling wrote:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/843/0fje.jpg

Any good, what that about?

^^^
Well Wiki or IMDb should answer your questions. lol
Or well, here's their site... http://www.bluelanternfilms.com/beacon-point-feature/

VAMPIRELLA [1996] rewatch

Been way too long I haven't watched MY QUEEN FOREVER AND EVER AD VITAM AETERNAM!!!

And what a fun 90s one this is. Cheesy just like I love and with great acting and awesome story/xharacter development. That Carlos dude though, so bad it's hilarious. lol

And man, Talisa Soto is just amazing in this. Loved the Sci-Fi beginning very much and all that follows too. To me it's as great a classic as Barbarella. The Ellas ROCK!!! big_smile

Love the hommage to Metropolis in here at right, a head of the Robot great girl. And well, sexy as mad Vampirella too. Yup. For Vamp lovers this is one to see for sure... smile

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f2/11/66/f2116664da5571209052851da855c631.jpg

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-03-27 18:37:33)