Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Jargenfarrow, I agree with you on Signs, we watched it wondering if M. Night kept repeating to everyones acting, "I want SOMBER give me SOMBER expressions" grrrrr and I like M.NIGHTS out-there-ness.

Yeah, I have heard many great things about Feast.  I cant wait til' I finally get the chance to see that sucker.

Back on topic, Army of Darkness.

A Tale of Two Sisters. Very creepy.

NAILS- russian horror flick, good but kinda weird
Zombie Honeymoon- really decent indie flick, I should do a review on that one if there isn't one already.
I have to agree with you guys I thought Land was pretty damn good. Which ending for The Descent did you guys see? because the ending for the origional UK version is different from the US version.

I just got done watching Deadlands a few nights ago.. I wanted to wait til I did a review so I could just give you guys the link as well..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_reviews_2157.htm

I had heard about that one and it sounded really good, is it on DVD yet or do you see it a theatre?

I've seen both of the endings for The Descent.  I saw the US ending first of course becasue I got an early showing in a local theatre.  But anyone can check out the UK ending over at youtube.  I feel that the UK ending fits with the tone of the film way more than the US one does.

I just watched the whole episode of MoH Homecoming by Joe Dante.  All I have to say is that it was way better the second time considering I saw the whole episode.  I really enjoyed it.

I just watched that shark flick Open Water for the first time, It was kinda like Jaws meets Blare Witch.

I just got back from seeing Nightmare on Elm Street at the theater, which was pretty cool smile  It's playing in some cities tomorrow night, too.  After the movie, they show a pretty well-edited collection of all of his kills from the following movies.  I thought it would only be the best ones or something, but they actually showed them all.  The later movies got too goofy, and watching the deaths all in a row like that makes that fact really obvious.  Still, though...it was really cool to see it in a theater since I never have before.

I've seen the original a few times.  Maybe I was just on the lookout for new footage and tricked myself, but there were 2 scenes that I didn't remember seeing before.  You'll all probably school me, but please let me know if these are normally in the film:

-Freddy cuts into his stomach at one point, and it's full of green slime and maggots/mealworms.

-Nancy's mother is trying to talk her into going to sleep (again), and she grabs an empty pot of coffee and a used mug before leaving the room.  Once she's gone, Nancy pulls another coffeemaker out from under (or next to) her bed.

Its allways fun to see ole freedy on the big screen. I hope that joint comes to my town. As for the Freddy cuts into his stomach part i don't recall seeing that, But it has been over a year since i watched it last.

Thats awesome that you got to see that Jargen.  Unfortunentally none of the showings are near me so I will not get the oppertunity to see it on the big screen.  I remember seeing the coffeemaker incident one somewhere, but the other one you got me.

Yes, definitely the coffe maker bit was in the original release, but I am also fuzzy on the gut-cut bit, I just might have to throw the disc in and see if I can find it...

Jargen, I have a DVD and both these scenes are available in the First Part.

Hard2Kill wrote:

I had heard about that one and it sounded really good, is it on DVD yet or do you see it a theatre?

Yea check out the thread in the indie section.. Its not officially being sold yet but if you mention you are from this forum he will send it out right away..

Lets see last night I watch The Dead Zone and The Maid. The Dead Zone was really good, I like how it had kind of two stories in one movie. Also I never put together that the TV show and the movie were related. Probably because no one ever talks about the Dead Zone as a horror series.

The Maid was pretty good and amazingly alot of it was in english. The cover art is horrible though. Shame on Tartan for trying to capitalize off another film just to try and pick this one up. The Maid is good enough to stand on its own without throwing some girl on the cover with long hair.. I suggest giving it a rental.. It has a very nice twist..

Cool.  Thanks, Ban.  I was actually thinking about renting it today to clear it up if no one was sure.  I guess it'd just been a while since the last time I'd seen it.

I watched The Maid a few days ago and was very impressed.  I would also suggest it to anyone.

I just watched High Tension + bonus features, and I really loved the flick. Can't wait to make my own low-budget horror movie smile

Texas pit you should review it on site to smile I fell asleep during SILVER BULLEt but am going to rewatch it and review it on site. I think its the werewolf movie you have all been telling me to watch.

I just watched the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre for the billionth time.

Just watched Attack of the Killer Tomatoes & Little Shop of Horrors (1986) back to back.

I've always wanted to see Attack of the Killer tomatoes, but have had a hard time tracking it down. I'll probablly just order it online.

I just recently saw Cabin Fever for the first time. I avoided this movie like the plague for quite some time, but eventually decided to sit through it when they showed it on Sci-Fi. Suprisingly i actually enjoyed it and found it to be rather interesting as compared to what i originally thought would be another campy teenage fodder film.

Attack of the killer tomatoes is very campy but is still a fun movie.  And as for Cabin Fever, its one of my favorite films.

It's a great movie, but obviously underrated.

just finished watching Takashi Miike's Audition