Re: Last horror movie you watched?

LoudLon wrote:
flamethrower wrote:

Prince of Darkness (1987) - 7/10, not the best Carpetner's movie but enjoyable,going to watch In the Mouth of Madness tonight.

In the Mouth of Madness is one of my favorite Carpenter flicks.  I watched it with my sister back when it first came out and it freaked her out so badly she refuses to ever watch it again. lol

One of my favourite horror movies of all time.
I just love that kind of reality twisting and shifting.
But you rarely get to see that. Thankfully, Carpenter did it again with Cigarette Burns.

last horror movie i saw grudge 3.......it was boring movie,,,,,,,,,,,,,end of this movie was really bored....

Hellraiser

Seen this again last night,  one of best horror movies to come out in the 80's

An unfaithful wife encounters the zombie of her dead lover, who's being chased by demons after he escaped from their sado-masochistic Hell.

This movie as some bloody moments but stand out the the most was really nasty gory death scene at the end of the movie, that make pinhead and his friends look scary.

The acting in this movie was outstanding from everyone in the cast.

10/10

Last edited by BASSI (2012-09-28 03:16:53)

Gotta LOVE the Cenobites.

Although I love an all out Crash and Burn Zombie flick...Autumn is cream to my kitten lips when it comes to storyline and character. Based on a Novel, I really want to read the Novel.

^^ The books are good if you can look past the editing mistakes. David Moody's Hater Series is pretty good too.

Area 407 - There's an hour and a half I'll never get back. This has to be the most annoying movie I've watched in a long time. Good god, I have never wanted a monster to eat an entire cast, but with this movie, I so did. I suppose it might be because the actors didn't have dialogue in the script, they ad libbed the entire film. It shows. Horrible. 1/10

Ms.Gorefiend wrote:

^^ The books are good if you can look past the editing mistakes. David Moody's Hater Series is pretty good too.

Yeah I really enjoyed the series. I think there's more out now but I remember going through 3 of them and that ended the main story. Not particularly great writing but it is engaging.

Caught the last 20 minutes or so of the movie and it... well, wasn't very good. They didn't feel like the kind of books that would translate to the screen anyway, but that's just my take.

Hell Night - like I've said many times, it's slow at times and the running time is to long for this type of movie; but it has a awesome setting and a few really nice slasher moments(including one moment thats actually really creepy) and a good ending. 7/10

Chomper wrote:
Ms.Gorefiend wrote:

Yeah I really enjoyed the series. I think there's more out now but I remember going through 3 of them and that ended the main story. Not particularly great writing but it is engaging.

Caught the last 20 minutes or so of the movie and it... well, wasn't very good. They didn't feel like the kind of books that would translate to the screen anyway, but that's just my take.

Thanks for the reminder! I've really enjoyed reading these books. I have only read 2 of the 3 books in the series so far though, and need to get the final installment.

Chained...Man Vince D'Onofrio and Eamon Farren blew me away..Only problem i had with this flick was the ending was a little rushed
Rabid Grannies.....Man oh man i love troma

The Terminator (1984). An amazing science fiction action horror film. Combines with romance also make it even better. One of the best films ever made. With astounding effects and acting from Michael Biehn andn Linda Hamilton. Also with the hyper sinister robotic souless character portrayed by Arnold Schwarzenegger...
I find this film scary due to the fact because of the atmosphere is very intense. Very suspenful film.
Haven't got time to check the frst sequel but I will!
I just think that the cyborg T-100 or I dunno whatever the hell it is called is veery scary (and y does nobody add these awesome cyborgs to their best horror movie antagonist list? comme on even Blade Runner is considered a horror film on this site!)
Yeah this film is effectively even thou it wasn't trying to be scary just intense. I was sad that they killed Kyle in the flick. And I'd to know what happens when Sarah was pregnant (nah I think nothing bad happenned but this is getting off topic).
The film was scored by the amazing Brad Fiedel ho later scored the hyper creppy and scary The Serpent And The Rainbow. The tune just stuck in my head like ****! and I always think that it sound cool. Overal I never hated this film. EVER. I think I'm gonna give it a 9.4/10

Oh boy, get yourself ready for T2.

Yeah the Terminator movies are great (with the exception of 3, heh) and the most recent one with Christian Bale is great too. Might give that a rewatch tonight.

Watched ATM again, great movie, especially to keep on in the background when I'm writing one of my new horror novels

Lovely Molly - 8/10

I didn't have any expectations for this movie, but I was hoping it would be good, I was just not ready for how much I would enjoy it. This movie creeped me the hell out. The whole atmosphere is perfect, the performances are excllent and the story is just what I like but with an extra dose of creepy. What I mean is, I like stories about people going crazy, I like to watch their descent for someone reason, I find it fun and intriguing and emotional, films such as May, Black Swan and Repulsion are perfect examples. This is another girl losing her mind type movie, but this one adds it's own creepy, subtle and bone chilling elements. I sound so corny, but I serisouly mean this movie creeped me out. It may be because I sort of had lower expectations about the quality just because of reviews, but otherwise I didn't go in expecting anything particular. I couldn't stop thinking about it after, the tone and atmosphere of dread and despair are so well captured that the uneasy feeling lingered with me for the rest of the night. The main problem I had with it was that I felt it was a bit all over the place, and some things should have been resolved better, but this was way better than I had ever expected. To me, Blair Witch has nothing on this. Though I was never really a fan of Blair Witch.

Angel Heart (1987)

More of mystery then horror, but as some really good chilling moments near the end of the movie,

There is a lot of action, movie flows really well, it never get boring and twist in way knew what going to happen, cause gave easy clue near the start of the movie.

I knew a part of twist but still i was shocked the second part of twist, I did not see that coming, l loved the last scene in the movie, very well done, chilling.

Great acting from everyone in this movie 7 out of 10

The Hills Have Eyes original
one of my fave movies ever:)

Ms.Gorefiend wrote:

Hater series, I will look into those Thanks Ms.Gorefiend

That Terminator talk is making me want to go watch the two of them. Do that once a year or so, always enjoy them - the best! Soundtrack gives me goosebumps.

Anyway, just watched Flatliners (1990). Not exactly a full-on horror movie, but it does get creepy at times. On the whole it just felt a bit lacking despite the great idea, but it was enjoyable. Giving it a generous 7/10.

Saw V/H/S and thought it kinda sucked. I had higher expectations seeing all the accolades people were pouring on it, but ultimately the movie doesn't deliver.   I enjoyed one or two of the stories...but the rest fell flat for me.

Last edited by Randy (2012-09-29 16:17:32)

Tripod wrote:

Yeah the Terminator movies are great (with the exception of 3, heh)

That's my favorite of them all. tongue

Angst 1983

I wasn't to sure what was going expect by this movie, it add a surreal plot to it.

The plot played out really well,  we get know why and how he as become so insane,  due to childhood.

The movie was really short, which is good think, as it did not get boring at all, the acting was outstanding from the main lead.

The last scene, really gave the creep, I found the extras a little creeping as they all were keeping on eye on him. in dinner scene.

And why would they follow him to car to see him to feed a dog?

The acting from main lead was outstanding, he really did look insane.

Short movie with surreal plot! and some things that didn't make sense to me.
6 out of 10  (Really for the acting)

Last edited by BASSI (2012-09-30 03:40:15)

Tripod wrote:

Yeah the Terminator movies are great (with the exception of 3, heh) and the most recent one with Christian Bale is great too. Might give that a rewatch tonight.

That fourth entry sucked for me. Loved the 3rd better.

Lamberto Bava's Demons...  A fun and gory horror flick with collaborations of Dario Argento in it.
This is one of these "public horror films" like The Mist where there are lots of supporting characters like in a TV Show communicating with each other.
This film was merely enjoyable for me dude to the fact it is practically fun to watch with lots of characters and stuffs and with the gore (I already guessed that this movie is gonna be "barf gory" hence the title is "so dumb").
It also features Fiore Argento lol what do you expected from Dario Argento?
The acting wasn't pretty bad at all and the black dude which I don't even know the name who acted like he's the boss and one of the main main (yes I categorized characters like "main main" and stuffs...) character until he got killed by the "Zomons" or "Debie" got a pretty strange voice there... Overal I liked this film fairly well and I will give it a 7.3/10