Re: Last horror movie you watched?

^^
We generally call the black guy "The Pimp."  Fun film, hot redhead.

Shymalana's Devil (2010)
It's OK; reminded me a bit of The Cube, where people can't handle stress.  Didn't do much for me.
5/10

The Pact  8/10 I really enjoyed it.. was scary suspenseful and a very likeable character

House At The End Of The Street 6/10 nothing really special the "twist" is kinda stupid but a kind of entertaining movie

John Carpenter's In the Mouth of Madness - 9.5/10

^^
Good one, nice Lovecraft tones.

The Pact

I actually liked this, nice to see a mainstream horror movie be good. Not the best movie ever, but it's certainly fun to watch. And you can see by the last scene, that scene alone is very inspired by Black Christmas' ending. No where as good as Black Christmas' ending, but still nice.

Rating: 7/10

Blood Car (2007)

I Like the sound of the plot, i thought it be a really funny movie but I did not enjoy this movie at all.

I did not find this movie funny at all,  all of the  Jokes were just really bad and falls flat before they even ended.

The rest of the movie I found it dull from to start there wasn't anything really keeping me into the movie.

This could have made this a lot better with some better and funny jokes that worked, the ones in here did not work at all.

There is one good thing i can about this is that there was one good bloody scenes that only stick to my mind.

The movie dying from the start then go on stick the nail in coffin even before the movie fished with last scene, which was not funny on any level. 

That was joke too far! 

The acting in this movie was poor from most of the cast.

1 out of 10

Last edited by BASSI (2012-09-30 09:56:01)

^^
Sounds like Evil Bong.

flamethrower wrote:

John Carpenter's In the Mouth of Madness - 9.5/10

I can't agree with you more! That film was scary.

Event Horizon (1997) - Remembered liking this one more, but still a solid sci-fi horror. Good premise which I would have liked to see explored further (with better writing). Direction was so-so at times, and I didn't really connect to the characters. But that ship sure is spooky, and I'm a sucker for rescue teams heading towards a creepy distress call...
Anyone else get confused between the chatacters D.J. and Smith? I thought the actors looked identical (okay so looking back they aren't that similar, but it still confused me). 7/10

Last edited by Chomper (2012-09-30 10:12:35)

Boy Eats Girl (2005)

This movie got the bad taste out of my mouth after seeing blood car, this movie however is was fun movie.

Even this movie had stereotype teens, who looked like they in mids 20's playing teens, if you can get past that. 

You ended up really enjoying this movie.

A boy declares his love for his girlfriend, only to die the same night. He is brought back to life by his mother as a flesh-craving zombie

I found this movie so-what Original, with mum bringing back her son after he killed himself.

Also enjoyed some really decent funny moments in this movie that work really well with the rest of the movie.

There were some really good bloody messy scenes in this movie, which were fun to watch.

7 out of 10  Fun movie.

Ravenous

The Loved ones, lots of mess and blood 5 outta 10

^ I honestly didn't think much of it either, I thought once the "real" film started it just got weak overall. But I can see why people like the film overall.

@Chomper-
My main problem with Event Horizon was that the characters kept doing stupid things.  Like the one woman who was chasing after her son even though she knew he was back on Earth.  Um, huh?!?!

If my deceased relatives knocked on my front door, I wouldn't be "Hey, come in and have some tea!"  I'd be much more like "Why aren't you in your grave, and give me a second to grab my shotgun."

Vamp_Slayer wrote:

Lovely Molly - 8/10

I saw this after reading this ^ whole post.  Didn't have the same positive feelings for it, but did think it was a good movie...just not my thing. 

Though, the main chick was hot, and I got to see her naked a bunch, so that helped.

Some of it was creepy.

Cabin in the woods - definitely one of the craziest mainstream horror films I've ever seen and probably the best of 2012 IMO. It's exactly what mainstream horror needed. 9/10

^Watched it for the first time last week. I absolutely loved it. A perfect blend of comedy and horror. Kinda like Severance. For a few reasons really.

Watched Night of the Living Dead again tonight, beginning a marathon of movies for the length of October. Always love this movie, one of the best of all time in my book, and probably the best zombie movie. It was the 30th anniversary so it had a bunch of added scenes, which I do not dig so much. I realized it as soon as it started, but was just too lazy to change to the original.

Street Trash - 7/10

The Thing (2011) - It was watchable until they got into the spaceship.Then if falls the cliche by cliche and the ending also ruined this movie.I'm not the fan of the original but the remake or the prequel as it should be is generally bad.Good acting and some of the alien moments were really cool,but that one in the chopper is so lame,stupid and unnecessary ; also really lame is that in one moment alien is so powerful and then sometimes it's extra slow and weak.

6.5/10

What chopper scene? The ending credits or the Olav death scene?

The scene when the chopper tried to land and they crashed,one of the guys face opens and the alien comes out.

Pumpkinhead II

Apollo 18 (2011)

Seen this now, i don't know why, I have been avoiding this one over the year. I was expecting it to be really dull and boring movie..

It was not as boring as I thought it was going to be, well start of slow like all the other found footage movies then gets going  before the half hour mark.

I found really enjoyable  for most of  part of the movie, there was decent amount of Jumps scene in this movie. some jumps scene worked and some missed the mark a little.

The acting was really good from small cast crew, the ending was really predicable.

As I had low expectation of this movie, I found it much better then thought it was going be, not one of best Found footage movies,  Decent movie for this genre

5 out of 10

Last edited by BASSI (2012-10-01 11:34:29)

azathoth wrote:

@Chomper-
My main problem with Event Horizon was that the characters kept doing stupid things.  Like the one woman who was chasing after her son even though she knew he was back on Earth.  Um, huh?!?!

If my deceased relatives knocked on my front door, I wouldn't be "Hey, come in and have some tea!"  I'd be much more like "Why aren't you in your grave, and give me a second to grab my shotgun."

Hah, that's a good point. That particular scene was very annoying.