Re: Last horror movie you watched?

LoudLon wrote:

I think he's referring to the movie Bride is a sequel to, the original Frankenstein (1931).

Yup, ha ha!

Just watched the Wicker Man '73 again. It's still a favourite of mine. For me it's hard to call it a horror movie, as it has such life affirming themes. The main character is surely horrified throughout though, and his terror grows as he thinks he's figured out what the village folk are doing. I just love the contrast of cultures in this film. I'm much more in tune with the Pagans' beliefs than Howie's Christian ones. There is some definite freak out type scenes, the last May Day sequence can be a little chilling at times. The film is superbly acted too, and according Christopher Lee, he didn't even get paid, by his own choice.

I also watched the documentary The Wicker Man Enigma, it turns out there's a whole 15 minutes that were cut and seemingly lost, though recently they refound some rough uncut footage and it was released on a 2 disc set. It's a little pricey but I'm in the process of ebaying it. It could not be helped.

Last edited by Theli (2012-10-16 14:08:54)

Shaun of the Dead
8.6/10

The funniest horror comedy imo.

Have you seen Severance? That's a great horror comedy too, easily on par with Shaun of the Dead.

HORRORKID wrote:

Shaun of the Dead
8.6/10

The funniest horror comedy imo.

For me nothing is ever gonna beat Zombieland.

Watched one of these Horror comedies this afternoon which is part of my favorites.
Jennifer's Body
How can't anybody not like this, H3LL, it's got 2 of the most beautiful girls in the universe, Megan Fox and Amanda Seyfried. The scene where they kiss is freaking HOT. Seeing Megan go topless in the forest before eating the guy is hot too. 10/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-10-16 17:59:22)

The Last House on the Left (1972) - 8/10
Hellraiser - 9/10

Happy Birthday To Me - Wow.. Incredible, I did NOT see the ending coming, it was fantastic, and I'm definitely going to watch it again. - 9.2/10

Scream 2

Just watched Black Sunday again. Mario Bava was a genius, he really knew how to use a set to maximum effeciency. The movie has a generally creepy atmosphere, lots of fog and creepy graveyards. It's also relatively gory for the time, and has some pretty impressive effects. I also like the long cuts and the panning camera shots, it really lets the movie flow on it's own. That's a bit of a gripe of mine with newer movies, too many short shots, newer movies often have no room to breathe.  Barbara Steele is great in her dual role as well.

Last edited by Theli (2012-10-17 02:07:23)

The Thing (2011)- a prequel to the 1982 film but not a patch on it, although still a decent film. 7/10

Behind the mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon
It was ok. Some surreal fun for the most part, and then an appropriate finale. Certainly worth watching, but nothing I'm really excited about. And of course for horror movie buffs it's twice as much fun.

paranormal activity 4 (2012) Just got back from see it,

I loved first movie, I did not like PA 2 that much, I had fun watching PA 3. Which I think I enjoyed the most out of four.

This one is got to be the worst movie of series so far,no were near as good 1 or 3, even worse them PA 2 (Which I did not like)

The scare scene in this movie really tame down from 3rd movie, none them were really affecting at all,  the ended it to quick and moved on to the next scene, like nothing happened, that how it  feels thought out  the whole movie,  some of the scare  were so bad that was almost funny. 

There also some scenes that add nothing  to the plot, they put in the movie for the sake of it, 
there's is aftermath. (We Have deal with the fact,  they had no idea that happened, the scene i am talking about is one You see in the trailer with  girl floating  off the bed.)

As the movie goes on, I did not follow the story,  I got confused, where the story was going. I did not understand , Andy soon starts seeing Toby as well thanks to what  Robbie  did, he also seem go missing near Latter part of the movie. 

The only parts I really enjoyed were last 2 or (3 max) minutes of the end, there are some good  enjoyable scene to watch, which some may find scary as one better ending of the series.

The acting was really decent of from the whole cast,

4 out of 10, Worse in the series by FAR! however the ending save me from giving even a lower score,

Last edited by BASSI (2012-10-17 09:40:46)

^ Not surprised, they are milking that franchise as quick as possible as long as it's in the spotlight. The next one one will be in space or under the ocean or something - it'll just get so over the top in one of them anyway.

Hellraiser

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

^ Not surprised, they are milking that franchise as quick as possible as long as it's in the spotlight. The next one one will be in space or under the ocean or something - it'll just get so over the top in one of them anyway.

Well, to be fair, even I, who hates the whole franchise, would watch a movie about a haunted space shuttle, or even found footage in zero gravity.

Dead and Buried (1981) - It has been some time since I last watched it, but it still holds up very well.  Creepy and atmospheric with a nice twist.  4/5.

^ Awesome movie

Leatherface: Texas Chain Saw Massacre 3, first time viewing it and I'm pleasently surprised. Not great, but a pretty solid horror movie. Better than part 2 IMO.

Last edited by Suspiria_89 (2012-10-17 12:41:17)

golem09 wrote:
Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

Well, to be fair, even I, who hates the whole franchise, would watch a movie about a haunted space shuttle, or even found footage in zero gravity.

Don't worry, I'd watch it too lol We'll see next October what happens.

....see what I did there?

Wrong Turn 5. As always gratuitous violence and sex. But what the heck i was in the mood. Only gets a 4 though and thats for the quite exceptionally inventive and WTF! deaths.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-10-17 17:05:47)

3 Extremes

I just watched The Woman in Black. I have to say I'm quite impressed with this movie. It really tries to capture the old style of horror movie. It seems to take place in the early 20th century, or maybe late 19th, and because of that there is a superstitious paranoia (though apparently with good cause), and no high technology. Even the way the film is made is mostly done in the old style, not much for CG, lots of creepy sets and scenery and tons of fog. Daniel Radcliffe does an excellent job in his role, and already seems to have matured as an actor. I think perhaps getting out of the same old role has benefitted him. Honestly I'd like to see him as Jonathan Harker in a new adaptation of Dracula. In no way is the film perfect, and sometimes almost comes across as forced, but it was definitely a nice throw back to the old creepy style of horror films. Though of course there's some shocks thrown in for good measure.

Hey guys.. I just moved again so my internet was down for a couple days.. Anyway I got a couple to catch up on..

The Graves.. This movie was awful.. I mean really fucking bad. Bill Moseley even was bad in it. He played kind of the usual Moseley type. CG blood.. just bad.

ATM.. OK flick.. Not a huge fan but it wasn't terrible.

Cat in the Brain.. Not really very good.. I love Lucio Fulci but this was more like a collection of clips from different movies than an actual movie itself.. The kills were great but the movie itself was not to good.

Pieces - Now this was a flick I wish I had seen earlier.. Really good FX, nice pacing and a nice build up. Except the end.. That was way out of left field and did not fit the movie AT ALL.

Chromeskull: Laid to Lest 2 - Now this was much better than the first film.. I wasn't really a fan of the first flick but this one was really good. The kills were creative and the gore was good. The ending has me excited for another sequel.

Goon wrote:

Chromeskull: Laid to Lest 2 - Now this was much better than the first film.. I wasn't really a fan of the first flick but this one was really good. The kills were creative and the gore was good. The ending has me excited for another sequel.

I have been wanting to see this, but it's not out here in Europe I think. I really liked the first (and have it on DVD).

Eight Legged Freaks

Now this movie holds a very very special place in my heart, ever since I was a young lad I would always watch this movie all the frickin' time whenever I'd catch it on HBO. For a horror comedy it comes off as cheesy and predictable but that's what adds to the charm of it. The effects are pretty cool though, and the spiders were scary and awesome looking, especially the big ass tarantula. Also for a horror comedy I'm surprised the black man actually lives.

7/10

Lake Mungo - This was movie about grief with supernatural undertones. I thought parts of it were creepy, but this wasn't in the realm of horror, at least for me. 5/10

Valentine