Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Director Ridley Scott's 2003 Cut of his marvelous Science-Fiction Horror film Alien (1979):
After watching this I feel afraid of space and Xenomorphs now. Never thought that re-watching (actually it's watching the 2003 restoration cut.) this film would be so good (Duh... you haven't watched it in a long time. And further more the first time was on a bad online movie player.).

I rarely remember anything from this film the first time I watched it online. It was very boring and I can't belive at that time I actually watched that. However seeing the film "again" makes me feel very comfortable and scared. A marvelous restoration and also probably removal of some scenes in the 1979 original. (Gonna re-watch the original cut soon to distinguish the differences but I know that the original didn't have that cool "Dallas and Brett Egg" scene.

This movie has one of the best horror film main title ever! It fits perfectly with the scene of the random Saturn-looking planet/star. Gives some sort of real paranoia to the movie (Interestingly the signal that The Nostromo captured is heard in the beginning of the song that literally have no tune or bat or bla bla bla bla... Actually the amazing score written by Jerry Goldsmith and conducted by "some guy which I suddenly forgot the name" is mostly tone-less.). The whole soundtrack anyway fits the movie very much! VERY VERY MUCH! Good Job Jerry Golsmith!

I remember that in the original cut Brett cried out "Parker! Parker!" many times before being taken/killed by Big Chap (Yeah that's the name of the guy as an awesome action figure which I want so bad from Hot Toys.) I remember the last scene with the Alien suddenly stretch his arm out is like ridiculous and now it scared the Hell outta me! The Xenomorph is much more... MUCH MUCH MORE! scarier than in the original cut of the film which looks kinda fake (Oh comme on its on an online player so OF COURSE it will look terrible!)

The whole was creepy (but the word doesn't fit) and has all these very DARK (Yes! That's the word!)sci-fi feeling/atmosphere to it which... (of course) makes this film one of the scariest horror movie of all time. A very well made one! Seriously 1979! I totally recommend this movie for all the sci-fi and horror fans out there and I will give it a 9.8/10

Also I want to say something related to The Shining about how it's editing like the blue letters introducing the title and actors bla bla bla... of the film is so amateur.

I watched The Bird With The Crystal Plumage this afternoon. I thought it was beautifully shot, loved the ending and the flow of the storyline. I thought it was slick and stylish and the twist/reveal was really well done. Overall I liked it a great deal, I really enjoy mystery/suspense films and this had a lot of quality to go with it

A Lost Boy wrote:

^^ WTF!? I would NOT rate that movie like that!

Me neither. It would be 0/10.

Vasquez wrote:

Fair Enough. My favourite character in it is Captain Rhodes simply because he is such a a**hole and Pilato's exceptional performance makes him so. I love his line at the end - Choke On 'Em! Plus Bub is ace. U gotta feel for Bub. They killed his friend!

I totally felt for Bub! I was really touched by that bit of the film, strangely. My favourite line -  "Fuck you, sir!"

The Gore Gore Girls: Special Edition (1972) - So bad that it is good.  Can you imagine being the special FX guy that got to smear strawberry jam on that chick's ass to make it look like it was beaten by a meat tenderizer?  Good fun.  2.5/5.

The Devil's Business (2011) - Two hit men, Mr. Pinner and his greenhorn associate Cully, are sent to the home of a Mr. Kist to take him out when he arrives home from the opera.  It should be a routine job, but when they discover the remnants of a satanic ritual in the basement, the job becomes anything but routine.  Thanks Mistress of Horror for the heads up on this one.  For a low budget flick, this one was really well done, again showing what creative and original film makers can do with a minimal budget.  The ending was a bit odd and unexpected, but overall, it was a very enjoyable watch.  3.5/5.

kXnPunk wrote:
A Lost Boy wrote:

^^ WTF!? I would NOT rate that movie like that!

Me neither. It would be 0/10.

That's even MOAR f*cked up! lol

Last edited by A Lost Boy (2012-11-03 22:12:04)

Oh and another thing about Shining Jack was like... Jackpot..... when he sees the naked woman.

One question - why do you post a message, then post a follow up to your own message one minute later? Just write the two messages into one FFS!

^^ Forgot to.... wait why didn't I just EDIT that post!?

Gutterballs

Cube Zero (2004)

This movie was a much better sequel then Cube 2, Which was just a waste of time.

This had a great opening scenes, very gory start to this movie, which I really liked.

The plot was little different of last 2, this times we see what going on in The Cube and also going on outside of the Cube.

This was better then Cube 2 but no where near as good as the first movie,  The deaths scene in this movie was really nice and gory at times and fun to watch.

And I at the end that when I really understood why this was Called Cube Zero and liked how it ended.

The acting was really good from the whole cast,

6 out of 10

^^Me:
-Cube (1997): 9.3/10
-Cube²: Hypercube (2002): 7.3/10
-Cube Zero (2004): 7.5/10

Sinister - 7/10

^^^
Can't wait to see this. Too bad that it doesn't show in theaters here, gotta wait for it to come out on DVD, not a fan of bad quality downloaded ones.

Watched Prometheus for the 4th time since I got it a few weeks back. IT IS SO DAMN AMAZING!!! I'm a total fan of Aliens and this one is perfect for a prologue. Seeing the Alien with a semi-human body at the end is very cool and wild. Man, what a movie. Thanks Ridley!!! 10/10

Just got my power back yesterday here in NY! I hope anyone else out there that was affected by the storm is safe and sound. Anyway, since i didnt have power but the mall finally did I went and saw Seven Pyschopaths. Yea, I know its not a horror but it is BLOODY AND GRUESOME so thought that merits a post. Oh, and funny as hell!
Same director did In Bruges which is one of my favorites as well!

Seven Pyschopaths 9/10

trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvuNfq5vN-w

Last edited by JoeTerror (2012-11-04 08:34:59)

Did you loose your power again???
you saw... What??? lol

But yeah hopefully everything gets back to better in there.

Edit: Oh mwahahaha alright. You edited.

Yeah, 7 Psychopaths looks amazing and what a freaking crazy cast.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-11-04 08:37:51)

Hellraiser: Revelations (#9)

**Spoilers Below**

What a piece of dung.  Pinhead looks like a wussy girl, there's a 2nd Pinhead who looks worse, it uses found footage and flashbacks, and only one actor can actually act.  Half of the movie was an after-school special based on the 2 families cheating on each other with the other family.

The FX were OK.  That's the best thing I can say about this crapfest.  I can't believe they used the most pussified version of Pinhead this side of Playgirl.  Vampy  caught a bit of the film, and said something along the lines that the original guy (Bradley) was scary, this guy was a joke, and she could kick his ass.  And what's up with using last names like Craven and Bradley?  That's only a homage if your film isn't slurping up turtle poop.

1/10.

Silent Hill Revelation in 2D I enjoyed it very much. It was surreal and catered to the love of the Silent Hill Gamer. They lovingly shot the Nurse scene so you could get a good creepy look at the movement (which makes them) and the heartcatching fear. *SPOILER I enjoyed the mannequin sequence since old mannequins creep me out and it was well done. I do not mind the CGI as it is a movie about a game so it blended well. The girl had alot of closeups and she handled the angst well, PYRAMID Head had a showdown with a  badass newcomer everyone I was with thought that was kewl as hell. I give this movie a 8.5 outta a 10 I will pick it up on dvd when it comes out yes:)

^^

Awesome!  I'm going to watch it today!  So glad it was a total let down.  Good Daphe, have a spare limb treat!  big_smile

Oh Az I am sure you will enjoy it!! Have fun:)

Hellraiser: Hellworld

Grave Encounters 2 - It tries so hard to be different from the original, but it fails eventually. Still, pretty entertaining. 6.5/10

kXnPunk wrote:

Watched Prometheus for the 4th time since I got it a few weeks back. IT IS SO DAMN AMAZING!!! I'm a total fan of Aliens and this one is perfect for a prologue. Seeing the Alien with a semi-human body at the end is very cool and wild. Man, what a movie. Thanks Ridley!!! 10/10

Dude, words hurt:(

Due to a discussion in another thread I'm rewatching the Hellraiser series. Just watched Hellraiser and Hellraiser II. I'm liking Hellraiser II less and less every time I see it. Currently watching Hellraiser III.

Oh, I'm gagging on the thought of watching III again.