Re: Last horror movie you watched?

kXnPunk wrote:

Watched Prometheus for the 4th time since I got it a few weeks back. IT IS SO DAMN AMAZING!!! I'm a total fan of Aliens and this one is perfect for a prologue. Seeing the Alien with a semi-human body at the end is very cool and wild. Man, what a movie. Thanks Ridley!!! 10/10

I wish I could like Promethus.

Hicks wrote:

Dude, words hurt:(

Huh???

The Curse of February 29th, aka 29 February.
Funky Korean ghost/murder mystery flick.  About a curse at a tollbooth station on a highway where a ghost comes back every February 29th to kill people for some reason.

Nice acting, some great visuals, the plot seemed to wander a lot (but got tied up in the end, sorta), good audio.  The last 5 seconds of the film kind of blew it all to hell, though.  Shamalongadingdong stupid twist.  Err, hate that.

But a nice spooky tale, nice atmosphere, some good shock shots, and if you pay attention some nifty background things going on.  I almost shut it down after about 15 minutes, but I'm glad I let it ride out.

Ignoring the "twist" ending, I'm going with an 8/10.

Just rewatched Drag me to Hell.I really don't know why I didn't like this movie the first time I watched it,but I am glad that I gave it another shot as I enjoyed it the second time around.I think it did help that I rewatched The Evil Dead the other day.

Sam Raimi is not your average director, that's for sure.

Raimi is definitely amazing that's for sure.

The Ghost And The Darkness 1996
Val Kilmer is an actor I like a lot. And normally the movies he plays in satisfy me. So seeing him trying to survive a lion was awesome. Love felines, always loved them and a movie with them, I'm sold. So I was with number of them like Burning Bright which I'm one of the rare people that likes it. But this one is definitely great with a story line and replics that rocked. Kilmer was as Kilmer as he can be. Yep, a very nice time. 9/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-11-05 03:07:22)

Day of the Dead (1985) - 8.2/10 - it's definitely not as good as night of the living dead and dawn of the dead, but it is still worth seeing. seeing bub kill rhodes at the end satisfied me
When a Stranger Calls (1979) - 9.7/10 - amazing, and terrifying.
The Changeling (1980) - 8.6/10 - this movie is really good, one of the better haunted house movies i've seen

Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984)
I never seen this movie full before, I always seem to see bits of the movie, now I have seen the whole movie.

This movie dose start of really Dark as Kid see a Santa killing his parents.

I really liked they we the back story for first half hour of him dealing with aftermath of killing and seeing how much he effect thought out the whole movie.

There the movie fast forward 10 years and now it 18 and working at store, still be affected by the past, as come once Christmas, it too much for be to handle and cracks

The death scenes in this movie not too gory, there were some decent death scenes and the acting was decent from the whole cast for this kinda of movie

I enjoyed the whole movie and some fun moment in the movie may make you laugh a little more dark humor.

Over this was decent slasher movie, 7 out of 10

"The New Daughter" - This one flew under my radar for 3 years. Caught it last night by mistake. A story of loss and despair that starts slow, but picks up the pace halfway through and keeps going until the unsettling end. It has a feeling of "Wicker man" and "Antichrist" combined. Costner does a good job as the father that doesn't understand what is happening with his increasingly estranged daughter and tries to find solutions in some of the most unusual ways.
7.5/10

kXnPunk wrote:
Hicks wrote:

Dude, words hurt:(

Huh???

Kidding, mate:) Scavenger of HS posted above exactly how I feel about Prometheus. I told myself the entire time I was watching it "This is the movie I was expecting, the worthy successor of the series and the perfect beginning for a new one". Didn't work though, and it still doesn't, no matter how many times I watch it. Wasn't meant to be.

Ohhh hahaha. Yeah I can understand [while having a hard time to] the ones that don't like it but it takes every kind of men/women to built a world. wink

azathoth wrote:

The Curse of February 29th, aka 29 February.
Funky Korean ghost/murder mystery flick.  About a curse at a tollbooth station on a highway where a ghost comes back every February 29th to kill people for some reason.

Nice acting, some great visuals, the plot seemed to wander a lot (but got tied up in the end, sorta), good audio.  The last 5 seconds of the film kind of blew it all to hell, though.  Shamalongadingdong stupid twist.  Err, hate that.

But a nice spooky tale, nice atmosphere, some good shock shots, and if you pay attention some nifty background things going on.  I almost shut it down after about 15 minutes, but I'm glad I let it ride out.

Ignoring the "twist" ending, I'm going with an 8/10.

Sounds cool, I need to check it out.

Big Bad Wolf (2006) - A group of rowdy college students think they are going to have a weekend of booze and sex at an isolated hunting cabin, but a wisecracking Werewolf who uses the cabin as his safe haven during full moons has other plans for them.  A bit on the corney side, but still an enjoyable watch.  2.5/5.

Red Lights (2012) - Psychologist Margaret Matheson and her assistant Tom Buckley investigate and debunk paranormal activity.  When a world renown psycic resurfaces after decades in hiding, Margaret and Tom must decide wether it is worth the risk to investigate him, knowing that the psycic's greatest critic died mysteriously after confronting him 30 years ago.  It was different from what I was expecting, but I actually enjoyed this one quite a bit.  Good performances all around with a nice little twist thrown in at the end.  3.5/5.

The Bay...Not many movies get to me but this one did, the scenes with the young girl really tugged at the heart strings. By far the best found footage movie i have ever seen. 12/10

Inbred [2012]

I was really really looking forward to this, and it didn't disappoint. It is exactly my sort of movie. A strong storyline featuring lots of gore, erring more on the serious side than comedic, good, freakshow characters and bucketloads, shedloads of crazy. I love me some crazy in my horror.

I just totally enjoyed everything about it. The kills were great, the lunatic characters and plot really did it for me, the ending was fab and the tone of it really gripped me. Also, it is set in Yorkshire, in fact Thirsk, where it was filmed, is only maybe an hour from me. Which made me love it even more.

I have been in pubs like that too, where everyone stares at you when you walk in. But that was in Lancashire wink

7.5/10 (maybe an 8)

[Edit] - Yay! 1000th post! *Does a little dance*

Last edited by HorrorQueen17 (2012-11-05 22:52:29)

Woooo hooooo congrats HorrorQueen17.

Just finished Cabin In The Woods.
Man what a freaking CRAZY RIDE this was. Enjoyed every minute of it. Whedon didn't disapoint me with his story. He NEVER does. What an insane game. My favorite character is definitely the pot head. His lines were great. When I saw the falcon at the start hit the wall it kinda showed me into what trip I was getting. The bloodbath with all the monsters and evil creatures was very damn cool. And of course loved the joint lightning up at the end. He lived up to his character till the complete end. Yep, me liked a whole lot. Great fun. 10/10

Night of the Punks

I'm with you, did nothing for me and found it quite slow.

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:
kXnPunk wrote:

Watched Prometheus for the 4th time since I got it a few weeks back. IT IS SO DAMN AMAZING!!! I'm a total fan of Aliens and this one is perfect for a prologue. Seeing the Alien with a semi-human body at the end is very cool and wild. Man, what a movie. Thanks Ridley!!! 10/10

I wish I could like Promethus.

Just watched The Raven, I wouldnt say this was that much of a horror film but a murder mystery at best. Visually impressive and always like John Cusack. Poe fans would probably enjoy this much more but I thought it was just ok. 6/10

trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuireoKBiC0

Dying to see this! Glad you liked it!

HorrorQueen17 wrote:

Inbred [2012]

I was really really looking forward to this, and it didn't disappoint. It is exactly my sort of movie.
7.5/10 (maybe an 8)

[Edit] - Yay! 1000th post! *Does a little dance*

Definitely see it before it leaves the theaters....those smaller films never quite last but then we have frigin crap that lasts for weeks! (Most everything is back to normal here on east coast except for the gas lines!_

kXnPunk wrote:

Did you loose your power again???
you saw... What??? lol

But yeah hopefully everything gets back to better in there.

Edit: Oh mwahahaha alright. You edited.

Yeah, 7 Psychopaths looks amazing and what a freaking crazy cast.

^^^
I wish but it doesn't show here. I'll wait for the DVD.
Glad to hear everything is back to semi normal.

2 Evil Eyes
Argento and Romero and wow. 2 crazy stories. WILD stories. Liked Argento's one more but still pretty good overall. 8/10

Dreamcatcher!!!

Are you freaking kidding me?  A double poster for the same website?

[Insert a rant of completely illegal words in this galaxy here.]

Yeah What The H3LL???

Just watched Event Horizon for the first time in 15 years. Pretty enjoyable horror/sci-fi romp. It comes across a bit dated due to the early CG special effects. Other than that it's a pretty good flick. I really like the premise.