Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Sleepaway Camp 10/10

An American Haunting
Used to be a 3/10, now 7/10.

azathoth wrote:
Chomper wrote:

Aza - Hah, wow. Now I'm curious what you chose.

I'll give you 2 good starting sources to find them.

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/movie-reviews/

http://www.b-masters.com/

Then I take the directors from those reviews and find their other stuff.

Awesome, thanks. cool

Plenty of entertainment ahead.

Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil

thedeadshallrule wrote:

I have been working so much, I pick out, "what Horror movie do I want to fall asleep to" now lol It isnt a bad thing, tonight Cemetary Man.....sweet dreamsss dead;)

I tend to fall asleep watching movies too. I get too chilled big_smile

I think BC set up the atmosphere for slashers.

Creep Van - Bizarre indie slasher film. Lots of weird humor and even weirder characters, also has a few good kill scenes (thanks to Robert Hall) Worth watching if you want to see something a little different. 7/10

Finished watching 'Saw 7' this morning.
Interesting way to end the series. It IS the end, right?

^  Watching SAW 7 now for first time  smile 40 mins in 
Already Seen -Re-watch 4 and then Saw SAW 5 and 6 for first time.

Same here. Saw the first 4. Never got around to watching the rest until now.

Frankenweenie (2012) - 4/5.

The Factory (2011) - 2.5/5.

Humongous (1982) - 2/5.

Alexandra's Project (2003) - 3/5.

Star Crystal (1986) - 1/5.

Decay (2012) - 2.5/5.

Yesterday
Brake  (2012)

Only reason I watched this, it kind of sound like Buried, This time man wakes up in Box of Glass in back of a Truck, being held hostage by the people on the radio.

Thought the movie, it's just seem talking and helping other people who in the same situations.

i Found  most of the movie really well gripping and Could not wait until what happens next  before one of worst twist ever.

The twist just made the whole movie really pointless and after the movie got even Predictable wit the Double twist.

If movie ended ten minutes before it dId, I would have giving it respectable 7 out of 10, how ever twist killed the movie , which makes 4 out of 10

The acting was okay but there went many like able people in this movie

Today
Saw 4(2007)

I still can't believe that got up SAW 7 and yet Jigsaw died in SAW 3.

When I first saw this movie, when first came out wasn't not big fan of it at all, I have re-watch few times but never end up getting all the way thought it.

Today I re-watch in full for first in years, I found the movie not as good as first 3 movies

I love the way the movie stared of was really nasty and gory, the trap was really good,

There some very decent twist and turns in this movie that took me by surprised,

There was some good neat traps in this movie

The acting was really good in this movie

6 out of 10

Saw V  (2008)
(My first watch) I was not looking forward to this one, I thought this was meant to be worse in the series,

I did not think it was that different of other at all, it may have helped watching Back to back 4.5 and 6.

This movie dose fill in some caps from 3 to 4, which I was clad about, Cause four never even showed the girl at the end of part 3, Which Baffled me in fourth movie when i first saw it.

The traps was not creative as they were in early sequel and did not find this movie as bloody as the other movies.

The acting was be stale at first but as the movies goes on, you kind of get used to it.

I did see the ending coming in this one, it's only one of saw movie that Saw ending coming, to many clues all around

Overall found this 5 out of 10

Saw 6 (2009)

I thought this would be a lot better then one before, however I thought first half of the movie really drag on for bit too long, I really bored in some parts.

There when got it's got going, it did not let up at all, i was on the edge of seat the second part of the movie.

There were really good neat traps and very nasty scenes and some really good tense moment in this movie.

Acting was much better in this movie then fifth movie in the series, this fill some more caps in from other movies as well .

This movie also some really good twist and turns, ( By now , I was thinking how many people can be involved in this project , it was a bit over the top)

However this was one of better sequel , I give this movie 8 out of 10

SAW 3D (2010)

And well Finally here, The Last of the SAW Series

No I did not see this 3D, I don't if that would have helped or not (Cause I still am 3D fan)

Like first few seconds of movie, where show some part of first movie, which was nice throw back of how it all began.

However , when the movie started it felt, the movie did nit feel a normal SAW movie at all, it's felt really different about it, I don't know it just a little Cheap.

The start of the movie was just silly on all levels, really would all those people really watch women get killed and where guy were trapped, I just don't buy that at all.

The rest of the movie felt really weak then the other sequel, the trap not as good as the early at all and I didn't think the movie was that gory at all.

there were some bloody moment in this and some of effect a little too, it some scene can really pink in the blood.

The twist at end is what really saved this movie. it shame someone ruined the twist for few years ago, i would have been more shocked by it!
I give this movie 5 out of 10

Last edited by BASSI (2012-12-26 17:20:12)

^ I kind of liked the Saw franchise. Just turned the dial on my brain down to low and watched the ridiculously messy kills. Were some nice twists and turns I guess, but it died down early in.

Anyway as for what I watched:

Society (1989)

Really bizarre. And I mean really. When it got to the final act the only thing going through my mind was, "What?". I didn't know whether or not to laugh, but I was sort of gaping at the screen.

All in all, it was an experience. Not exceptional, but a very solid movie. Nice enough build-up, decent cast too. I really liked the effects, even if they are somewhat dated (still loads more fun than CGI) - they did have a unique style. Was gonna give it a 7, but for the sheer WTF-factor I'll go one higher.

8/10

^^^ Worth watching if only for the experience of seeing a man being turned inside out by way of his rectum. lol

Black Death

It's not a horror film but it's been called one and it deals with historical darkness, so I'll just put it here. Amazing film, however it's a grim and brutal one. A monk accompanies a group of Christian warriors to a village where it's believed that the plague has not passed through there, only to later be immersed in sinister atmosphere. The next time I go out, I'm buying a copy. 10/10

^^^
I LOOOOOOOVE that flick. Amazing performances and ambiance.
PLUS it's got that freaking cute as mad Carice Van Houten in it.
She was soooo HOT naked in the Black Book. Yummy. lol
Sean Bean is great in this too.

Watched HORROR HOTEL for like the 1 000 000th time. Definitely my favorite Horror movie of all times, the feeling in this is sooo creepy it is awesome. 666/10

I finished off the Psycho franchise last night, reviews incoming:

Psycho III

Psycho III starts off where Psycho II left off, Norman is back at the Bates Motel and running things. The star of the film Anthony Perkins, is also the director of the movie in this one too, as well as playing Norman Bates and let me tell you, he does a very fine job. Some of the shots are great, and his role as Norman is just as good as ever. I do know that Perkins wanted to shoot the film in black and white as a homage to Hitchcock's Psycho, but was turned down. That would of been interesting, but at least we know Perkins tried to do it.

The other main star of the movie is Maureen who bears a strong resemblance to Janet Leigh's character in the original Psycho. Maureen is played by Diana Scarwid and the character is played brilliantly, near flawless. Other characters in the movie are played well too, but a problem I have is with Tracy who is played by Roberta Maxwell. She doesn't really...serve a purpose to be there to be honest, nothing ever comes of her. She could of been dropped and the movie would of been just as good - but that's my only gripe with the movie really.

Though the ending is a bit predictable, it's still another very enjoyable Psycho sequel.

Psycho is the kind of the franchise that keeps giving, and rarely gives you anything bad.

Rating: 8/10

Psycho IV: The Beginning

So if any Psycho movie gave me some trouble, it would be this one. I have some gripes with it, my first one start off the bat is that it doesn't explain what has happened between the last movie (with the ending) and how Norman is here with his new wife. Now he could of just became "sane" again, but when you look at it, at the end of Psycho III it's said by a police officer, "You'll never get out Norman!" or something of the likes. I know later in the film it nudges at how Norman got out and such, but I would of preferred something at the start.

But the films starts with Norman and his new life, he now has a wife and is closer to living a "normal" life. But he ends up on a radio show talking about sons that killed their mothers, this drives flashbacks of Norman's childhood back up and so we have the meat of the film.

Now the bones of the film, it looks back on the early life of Norman Bates and how he becomes...himself in the earlier films (Psycho, II & III). The young Norman played by Henry Thomas is very well done, and really captures Norman's attitude to his mother.

There is some goofs though, with a certain scene that has Norman's mother lying in her bed and at this point of the film, she is dead but in the actual scene she is lying awake, moving, and even blinking her eyes. Yet the next camera shot shows her dead, it's a little mistake I noticed.

One other problem I have is with Norma Bates, Norman's mother is being played by Olivia Hussey. For me personally, this casting is way wrong. I just can't see it, I can't see her being Norman's mother. Up until this movie we had never seen the mother in her prime and I never pictured her to look like...that. It just looks way off to me. Though she is played well by Olivia, I think Norma would never look like that. Ever.

When the movie was coming to a close I knew one of two things was going to happen, and I thought that the one I hoped (the so-called, "happy ending") wouldn't happen and they would send the franchise off with a proper goodbye. But I was surprised, and very happy.

I am so happy they gave Norman a heart, and feelings. That he is a real person, not just some killing machine. That he actually cares about people, and that's what they did, and I am very grateful that it happened.

Psycho IV: The Beginning isn't as good as any of the previous Psycho's but it does stand-up as a proper sendoff for Norman.

Rating: 7/10

Also, when Norman is on the radio he gives his name as 'Ed', anyone else pick up on that or just me? As in, Ed Gein?

Shows how much I know. Didn't realize there were more of them.

What I love so much about Psycho III, other than the things I've already mentioned, is that we're given a Norman Bates who isn't just active in his psychosis, but is almost energetic about it.  Yes he's still crazy, yes he still argues with his mother, but the post-act shock is gone.  It's Norman Bates unrestrained.  And I loved the fact that here you have these two severely damaged people who could and should have been one another's salvation, yet those same personal damages prevent it from happening. 

Psycho IV was the only one since the first to be written by Joe Stefano, and his intention was to have this last installment be a direct sequel to the original, hence no mention of the incidents in parts 2 or 3.  While I do think that was a mistake, I still found it an enjoyable entry.  I actually thought Olivia Hussey was a good casting choice; considering Norman has an Oedipal complex to beat the band, it makes more sense that his mother would be an attractive woman, and I think Hussey played her just cracked enough. 

Scav, the mistake you noticed with mother in the bed moving despite being dead -- keeping in mind that after he killed her he snapped and out of guilt kept her alive in his mind, any time we've seen him communicate with mother in the previous films it was always from an objective point of view, not Norman's own subjective point of view.  I think they meant for us to see mother through Norman's eyes in that bit, and of course his fractured mind sees her as being still alive.

Just a thought.

Hellraiser IV: Bloodline (1996)

This my first watch of this movie, , I loved first 2 move in the series and I enjoyed the third one,  i thought it okay sequel

However this one, i did not like as much as the other sequels, 

I just could not get into this story at all, I really bored for most of the time in them movie.

I did not care for any one in this movie, the acting was not great  but it still worth watching i say

There were some decent gory scenes in this movie but I didn't find anything scary or creepy about this what so ever.

I found this very dull and boring with bloody parts in here and there, Over I give 4 out of 10

Hellraiser IV: Bloodline (1996)

After seeing the very disappointing forth sequel, I was not really looking this one,

I was really surprised with sequel as for fifth movie in series and first one to got Straight to Video.  I do understand why it was, it was of a stand alone movie, which was did have any connections to others

I found the whole movie very really tense and little bizarre, I really got into movie, I could not wait until happens next.

This movie did not focus on the gory kill, Like the last two sequels , there wasn't gory scenes in this movie, they very limited, it more like first movie, that focused more on the main lead instead of pinhead him self.

The plot the really good, some really good twist and turns from start to end, I was really clad how the movie ended. 

I found this one to be of the creepiest of the series so far,  those creature of hell were really, really effect in this movie.

The only down side in that Main lead, wasn't very like able person, so didn't really care for it.

Second best sequel in the movie,

I going to Give this movie 8 out of 10

If liked that, Might give Hellrasiers 6 a watch , that Hellseeker or Deader

Last edited by BASSI (2012-12-27 12:56:56)

Terror Train (1980)

Made me very sleepy, guess I wasn't really into it. Weird seeing David Copperfield in it. I did like the changing costume thing, nice touch. A tense scene here and there, but nothing more than average.

5/10

Hellraiser: Hellseeker (2002)

I have some really mixed feeling about this sequel not as one before, I thought better then fourth in series for saw.

The most of the movie was really confused, I getting were this movie going, I just kept on getting more confused as the movie yet.

I did not understand what the hell was going for most of the movie, I just the whole movie to be very bizarre.

I did not find that boring, there were some dull parts that drag on bit but that really over found well worth watching sequel.

I Clad that Kirsty returned in this  movie to have a connections to the early movies and the ending really took me by surprised as did not seeing coming at all,

Over I thought it was very decent sequel but there not many bloody moment in this at all,  i thought it even less gory then one before, which very little gory in it.

I give this 6 out of 10

The Millennium Bug (2011) - Trying to escape Y2K hysteria over the New Year's holiday in 1999, the Hasking family travels to a mountain ghost town for a camping trip.  There, they are greeted by a vicious hillbilly clan looking for women to bear their children.  But unbeknowst to the Haskins or the hillbillies, the end of the millennium also marks the birth of a blood thirsty beast that gestates for a thousand years before emerging from the earth.  Bad, but in a good way.  Campy B movie monster fun with cheesy sets, bad acting and surprisingly well done practical effects rather than CGI.  3/5.

Chillerama

Hell of a wild movie this one is. I was legitimately giddy and laughing throughout. I must see this again and I must possess this film NOW! 1000/10

Watched:

Friday the 13th Uncut (1980)
Friday the 13th Part 2....all with my wife and willingly.  She loves these movies.  She's a keeper.