Re: Last horror movie you watched?

The Faculty was one of them horror movies I could never get into. I just never found it actually good and would be rather watching something else.

And I wouldn't them types of movies either.

I like The Faculty for its 90s goodness.

Anyway I watched...

Day of the Dead (again)

I love this movie, with it just taking the spot over Dawn of the Dead. The mood, the soundtrack, the cast (really fantastic all around), the amazing gore. What's not to love?

I still find my mind wandering sometimes onto the prospect of the original plan for the movie, and also what it would have been like if they explored a little more after they get out of the chopper at the start. I'm more than content with what we got though.

But again, it's one of my favourites. I didn't think Rhodes was such an ass this time, oddly. Made a lot of stupid decisions, but didn't seem overly evil (except towards the end) - just wanted his "results".

It's a 10/10

Last edited by Chomper (2013-01-08 18:16:21)

Excision 7/10

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-01-09 07:47:14)

Uncle Sam

Wishmaster

So-so film. 5/10

alien25 wrote:

John dies in the End (2012) - Haven't read the book, so I don't know how it compares, but the movie was entertaining.  3.5/5.

hmmmm been debating over watching this..  wel Alien you have never steered me wrong.. I will give it a watch

Dressed to Kill.  After watching Blow Up a couple nights ago, strenuously disliking it and watching the superior Blow Out (the only Brian Depalma flick I like) to wash its taste out, I decided to revisit another Brian Depalma flick.  I knew I didn't like Dressed to Kill the last time I saw it.  I knew I wouldn't like it this time. 

But I watched it regardless (I must have some kind of faulty wiring which makes me punish myself) and yep -- still compltely abhored it.  Depalma's made a carrer of ripping off -- er, uh, I mean, "homaging" -- Hitchcock, but Dressed to Kill is his the most blatant Hitchock rip-off  -- er, uh, I mean, "homage" -- of his entire career, and that's saying something.  Right down to killing off his lead actress less than halfway through the flick, gender confusion, cross dressing and silly "psychiatrist's explanation" at the end.  He even ripped off his own Carrie by having the movie end with a "shock" dream sequence.

I could make a career out of dissing Depalma but I think you get the point...

Watching more of the Slenderman YouTube series.  What, I find the myth interesting and they come in 2-5 minutes bits.   I did run across this one maniac who scoured YT for every Slendy video, and then put them all in chronological order (by posting date), regardless of series.  It's like 2,000+ vids long!

I watched Martyrs yesterday. It's a pretty damn good movie. It is a very original idea and execution. Every death in the movie is impactful and even heart wrenching at times. It is a genuinely disturbing movie.

Last edited by Theli (2013-01-09 01:14:06)

I know it's like 3 minutes, but I just watched Mama about 3 times today to really observe and just enjoy it.  I'm really pumped for the full length version coming out, but the short is just so special.

Jason Takes Manhattan

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

I know it's like 3 minutes, but I just watched Mama about 3 times today to really observe and just enjoy it.  I'm really pumped for the full length version coming out, but the short is just so special.

Im trying to avoid as much pictures/clips of Mama and the new Evil Dead personally, just so I don't get hyped up 2 much and so I will have no preconceived notions about them before seeing them.

Opera.  Love it.

@thedeadshallrule - I watched that too yesterday. I got in 50 minutes and had to turn it off, I couldn't stand it any longer.

Last edited by Psycho97 (2013-01-09 08:46:21)

I was like come On Jason needs editing cuts to get ahead of the victim??? lol

LoudLon wrote:

Opera.  Love it.

I love this movie, it's been too long since watching it.

I watched Gothic for the first time yesterday. It's the story of the inception of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, as well as the first modern vampire story, The Vampyre by John Polidori. Lord Byron, the famous english poet invites his friends to his mansion where strange tales and much laudanum is exchanged, leading to hallucinations based on each of the characters terrors. I really enjoyed the movie, though it's not terribly scary, it is a dark and disturbing movie.

To when I watched The Faculty and you guys responded, it's pure 90s greatness.  It has a lot of today's stars when they were young, and just a fun sci fi horror flick that doesn't involve much thinking.

Watching:

The House At The End of the Street

Martin (1977).  Easily my second favorite Romero flick (after Dawn) and one my favorite horror flicks of the 70s.  Should have made John Amplas a star, or at least gotten him more gigs.

Not a horror movie per se, but I watched Seven Psychopaths the other night, and it is pretty damn bloody.

The Shuttered Room (1967) - Funny the things that stick in your mind about movies.  I can remember watching a movie as a kid where a guy is surfing on a pallet towed behind a pickup truck full of his buddies, and when they round a corner too fast, the guy flies off the pallet straight into a barbed wire fence.  That is all that I remember of the movie, but that scene has always stuck with me.  Unfortunately,  for the longest time, I had no idea what movie it was.  So imagine my joy when I put this movie in last night and that scene plays out near the begining of the film.  It is a bit of a slow burn, but it is actually a decent flick.  3/5.

I watched Absentia last night.  The story didn't go where I was expecting it to go at all...Which is great!  I enjoyed it.

Just finished House at the End of the Street....decent flick but tried WAY too hard to be like Psycho

DECOYS - DECOYS: ALIEN SEDUCTION

2 pretty cool movies and I really liked the Alien related story. Hey, yeah I LOOOVE Aliens so...
Funny, real funny and man, topless and naked babes so how could I not like this. lol

I like the first one better but the second is cool too even if it's not AS good as the first.

And woah, Kim Poirier is SUCH a hottie.

The Body Snatcher (1945). Another fine movie from Val Lewton. 9/10

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-01-10 11:28:27)

The Funhouse

Well not exactly a movie but kinda disgiused as one in many parts
The Chainsaw Sally Show... I gotta say I love Chainsaw Sally the film. Man I'm crazy for April I'm not afraid of her that is once we join and do the midnight rumba.

anyways I've only watched a few episodes so far and its slowly goin along BUT I can't stand the actor who is playing her brother. The original brother was a jerk off but this new actor is fuck I can't even stand him being on camera he's an asshole and thats being nice!

But I will get through this season one cause I dig Sally so much!