Re: Last horror movie you watched?

End of The Line..  pretty decent flick for an " religous fanatics end of days " flick  3/5

holy shit I was just thinking of that film today.. I havent seen it for awhile but yeah... Mistress maybe we have a subconcious cruelty on its way, eh?

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2

Visions of Hell: The Films of Jim Van Bebber: The Short Films (1986) - Of the 5 short films, the first two, My Sweet Satan and Roadkill: The last days of John Martin, were by far the best.  The FX on both were surprisingly well done.  The middle two were just weak and the last one, Into the Black, as bad as it was, was actually kind of comical becuase it reminded me of my teen years when we used to make Super 8 movies, but nothing like the scale of this one.  3/5.

Let Me In - 6.5/10 - Definitely not as good as let the right one in, but it is still a good movie I suppose.

The Dead (2010) - 8.5/10 This is a powerful zombie movie

Bram Stroker's Dracula (1992) - 9.4/10 - I enjoyed this movie a lot. Winona Ryder actually helped take care of me some when I was a baby I've been told. My oh my is she beautiful. Anyway, a great movie I suggest watching, I liked it better than I thought.

LoudLon wrote:

^^^ I think I'm one of the only horror fans over the age of 30 who has yet to see that movie.  One of these days. lol

You really should watch The Gate soon.  It isn't just some 80s horror movie, it is actually one of the better ones and has some very creepy scenes.  I actually only saw it for the first time like a year ago and was quite surprised at how scary it is.  It is definitely 80s as heck but there is something about it that makes it a little bit better than most 80s horror.

Nightmare on Elm Street remake all the talk of sleep I DID fall asleep and then woke up and finished watching it. I wasnt impressed.

^
Yeah it sucked.

thedeadshallrule wrote:

Nightmare on Elm Street remake all the talk of sleep I DID fall asleep and then woke up and finished watching it. I wasnt impressed.

Yeah when I saw it in theaters I almost fell asleep and then every time I try to watch it now I do fall asleep

^^^ I took my then-19 year old niece to see it on opening night.  When it ended we both looked at each and were like, "Well, that was a waste of time..." lol  It had potential; Jackie Earl Haley, Connie Britton and Clancy Brown are all terrific actors so I was actually excited for it.  But, like most Platinum Dune flicks (well, ALL Platinum Dune flicks, IMO) I thought it was a turd, albeit a highly polished one.

^Waste of time is a good description.  There was absolutely no reason for the movie to be made.

I started of With

Wishmaster (1997)

(This a re-watch, I have seen this once before)
This movie start of with a bang, I loved the first scene in the movie, very odd and very gross, the effect was really good in those scene.

I found plot really well done, I found wish master not too scary, I found him a little too funny to be scary!

However I found him more creepy when he had the humans face, he got one hell of a evil face 

I was shocked with some of tye gore in this movie , wow, I didn't not see that come, Spoiler: (He makes a prison, rip a cop Jaw right of his face, Ouch!) that had to hurt! , really fun to watch!

This was a really fun movie, the acting was not too bad in this movie, it's really suited the movie well, effect were nice in this movie.

I going to give this movie 7 out of 10, This movie is a lot of fun!

Wishmaster 2: Evil Never Dies (Video 1999)

This is yet another Re-watch, ,I have seen this movie 3 times now, As I saw this before seeing first year or so afterwards.

I really loved this movie, I found the whole movie a lot of fun but not as fun as first movie.

This movie as really nice gory deaths, which i really liked, Effect are so fun to watch and some were just playing weird even for Wish master movie.

Andrew Divoff is outstanding playing the wish-master,He face just give you the creep

The lead actress went bit over the top with some of acting in the movie, some of cast were really bad in this movie, the most of them were decent, they could have done better.

I loved the last scene in the movie thought it's was so funny!, I didn't like some of effect near the end of the movie, I don't think it fitted well with other gory effect that worked really well with the rest of the movie.

Not as good as first movie but still a fun to be had in this gory sequel!
6 out of 10

The next two were my first time watch!

Wishmaster 3: Beyond the Gates of Hell (Video 2001)

This was very boring movie, compared to other .last to movie in the series.

I found the plot in this movie way to silly even for the wish-master series and they tame down on the gore in this movie.

I love gory death in first two movie that makes the fun, that is another reason I didn't like this movie, as it was not fun to watch at all, like the other in the series.

I hated the affect that there new actor playing The Djinn, I just could not get used to him playing this him. he nothing compared to Nathaniel Demerest who fitted the role perfectly.

The acting in this movie was not too bad in this movie, better then I would have expected in this movie.

And I Hated the ending of this movie, what really crap way to end a movie.

3 out of 10 (That 3 Points are for the actng)

Wishmaster 4: The Prophecy Fulfilled (2002)

Now I seen this movie , I said to my self, It's can not be as bad as the last one and boy was I wrong as felt more of the same.

I saw this back to back with 3rd movie yesterday, I Could not believe what I was watching .

The plot was just unbelievable rubbish and this whole Angle think was, just , I have no words how for that.

The movie was filled with silly fight scenes that last way to long and are very predicable.

One thing I did like in this movie, there were some few good bloody scenes in this movie that liked.

I didn't think Michael Trucco was decent in the role again the acting in this movie was not bad.

I thought it's was okay but I think they should have had better ending to the series overall.

I am going give this 3 out of 10

Last edited by BASSI (2013-01-10 16:15:12)

LoudLon wrote:

But, like most Platinum Dune flicks (well, ALL Platinum Dune flicks, IMO)

It's funny because well...they haven't released a single good movie.

In my opinion anyway.

^^^ In my opinion, as well.

Bassi -- I saw Wishmaster in the theater on opening night.  It was a packed house; must have been seven or eight other people in there. lol  I liked it, though.  It was cheesy, but Andrew Divoff chewed up the scenery as the Djinn and I enjoyed all the horror star cameos.  Plus Tammy Lauren is a cutie.  Also, Wishmaster was one of the first four or five DVDs I ever bought, and I still have it. lol

I remember the liking the Amityville Horror remake when it was released (not better than the original, but decent nonetheless). I haven't seen it since though.

@Theli - I just personally cannot stand that guy, what's his name? Ryan Reynolds or something? I really can't stand him and I know that's not a enough of a reason to dislike the film but he plays George badly. And as we know, he's a key character.

^^^^^
I didn't like him Amityville  at all but I thought it was great in Buried

Have you seen Buried ?

Watching Valley Of The Gwangi one of my personal faves:)

alien25 wrote:

Visions of Hell: The Films of Jim Van Bebber: The Short Films (1986) - Of the 5 short films, the first two, My Sweet Satan and

I haven't seen the others but My Sweet Satan is really amazing. Wild stuff.

I'm a BIG HUGE fan of Amityville Horror. And it's got one of my favorites, the lovely Melissa George. I like Reynolds a lot and yeah Buried was so damn good, great movie full of bad tension.

CHERNOBYL DIARIES
Wanted to see that for a long time and I enjoyed it pretty much. Not the best, the beginning takes forever but once it starts it's pretty cool. Nice ending too. The actors did a very good job. 7.5/10

kXnPunk wrote:
alien25 wrote:

Visions of Hell: The Films of Jim Van Bebber: The Short Films (1986) - Of the 5 short films, the first two, My Sweet Satan and

I haven't seen the others but My Sweet Satan is really amazing. Wild stuff.

You should definitely check out Road Kill.  It is a bit on the strange side, but the effects were really well done.  I wouldn't bother with the other 3, unless you want to get a laugh out of watching his post apocalyptic 8mm film Into the Black.

Yeah, I'm trying to get ahold of that whole bunch after I saw what you wrote. Thanks, you always come up with valuable stuff which I truely like. Thumbs up. smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-10 19:03:02)

And thanks to you as well.  I got the disc from Netflix after seeing you mention My Sweet Satan in this thread. smile

That's what I dig about this place, the great things we discover.

Yup, always something new to discover!

ExplorerPOD wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

^^^ I think I'm one of the only horror fans over the age of 30 who has yet to see that movie.  One of these days. lol

You really should watch The Gate soon.  It isn't just some 80s horror movie, it is actually one of the better ones and has some very creepy scenes.  I actually only saw it for the first time like a year ago and was quite surprised at how scary it is.  It is definitely 80s as heck but there is something about it that makes it a little bit better than most 80s horror.

Just watched The Gate. Decent flick but didn't blow me away. 6/10