Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Just watched Inbred, partly based off HQ's recommendation. Im afraid to say I didn't really think it was that great im afraid HQ, sorry. Here are the reasons. 5/10 overall

- Poor character decisions

- Some dodgy CGI enhanced effects (though on a whole alright)

- 2 much swearing in the script

- Half the humour for me isn't that funny

Finished Sole Survivor (1983) with Golem.  Boring.  I fell asleep on it once, grabbed a snack once, and asked G what I missed.  "She made a phone call."  I think at some point a guy jumps out and yells "booga wooga" or something, but I was spending more time making my monkeys dance (no, I'm not kidding.).  Very good if you're an insomniac, otherwise, I'd avoid.
3/10

golem09 wrote:
kXnPunk wrote:

NOROI: THE CURSE

One of my Favs.
You shoud watch the other movies of the director, Okaruto (Occult) and Shirome, preferrably in that order, because Shirome gets a little... odd.

Saw Shirome. Loved it like H3LL!!!
I like weirdness. big_smile

Been wanting to find Occult for a long while.
Might as well order it with Noroi which I'll do soon.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-15 00:40:40)

azathoth wrote:

Finished Sole Survivor (1983) with Golem. Very good if you're an insomniac, otherwise, I'd avoid.
3/10

Which I am. Gonna give it a watch. lol

I watched Poltergeist Part II last night!  I definitely prefer the original though :\

Vasquez wrote:

Just watched Inbred, partly based off HQ's recommendation. Im afraid to say I didn't really think it was that great im afraid HQ, sorry. Here are the reasons. 5/10 overall

- Poor character decisions

- Some dodgy CGI enhanced effects (though on a whole alright)

- 2 much swearing in the script

- Half the humour for me isn't that funny

I agree, there were to many moments that had me shaking my head...run the guy witb tbe sbotgun over you moron!! Also had a problem when they restrained the one character to the ground it was plain to see and obvious his arm could easily slide out of tbe restraint lol. Im usually pretty good at ignoring small details but these where huge F ups as far as im concerned. Had some good characters and a couple good goey bits though.

Watched:

A Cat in the Brain (1990) - First and most likely last watch. Had some decent gore but thwy repeat it over and over and over...boring and weird as is typical of Fulci.

5/10

Bikini Girls on Ice - absolute trash. Kills scenes are a joke, camera work sucks acting and script is laughable, and the girls weren't even attractive; which is something I would usually never complain about, but in a movie called Bikini Girls on Ice you might want to cast girls that actually look good in a bikini. I don't lash out at filmakers but you have to be talentless to screw up such a promsing slasher premise. 2/10

Watched an old episode of Sammy Terry from 1987 featuring the movie Phantasm -- more for Sammy Terry than the movie, which I'm not a fan of.  What was great was it had all the commercials included and,since the Sammy Terry was regional, so were a lot of the commercials.  Keeping in mind this was 1987, there was a commercial advertising brand new VCRs for "only $227!" lol

I saw these two movies on the weekend

Psycho (1960)

I have not seen this movie in full for very long time,

I would of thought that movie would feel a bit dated now , t didn't at all,

I never thought of it before but this movie felt like it's was way before it time.

The movie flowed really well there was slow parts in the movie, which were not boring at all and there was great atmosphere in this movie.

Some scenes in this movie were very creepy at times and the acting playing Norma bates was outstanding playing Creepy Psycho.

This movie had a very good twist in the movie that may shock people if they already didn't know about it.

Who can forget about that famous shower scene, which still kinda of work after all these years and I thought the whole movie was really great.

The only bad thing that I can say about this movie is that one scene did look little out dated  then the other parts of the movie , I am talking about the Stairs death dose look little silly today.

Also The acting in this movie was great from the whole cast and  Alfred Hitchcock  did an outstanding job on this movie.
9 out of 10

Psycho II (1983)
Normally  you think a sequel after so long, would be really bad idea, (Well in these day) Back in 80'S with whole slasher movies come out all over the place.

It was Surprisingly really good sequel  to the first movie ,

Normal bates is out and back as sane at the very moment, some people are happy at the moment.

Normal bates try have normal life but soon is Haunted by the past again.

I thought this movie was really good, I found the movie flowed really well and  there were some good shock moment in this movie.

I loved all the twist and turns in this movie, They worked really well with the rest of the movie.

However this didn't have the same impact as the first movie, it had some tense moment in this movie but not as creepy as the first movie and Norman bates well didn't seem that Creepy compared to the first movie.

I Love the way the movie ended thought it was great way to end this movie,

The acting again was outstanding from the whole cast and I really enjoyed this sequel

8 out of 10

Last edited by BASSI (2013-01-15 16:52:15)

^^^
Nice reviews BASSI!!! I enjoyed.

Another freaucking MASTERPIECE of Asian Horror into which I'm stuck in since a few days. ^_^

RINNE [Reincarnation]
What an insane movie with insane psychology, insane acting, insane images, insane storytelling and insane cinematography.
Creepy as mad enough to satisfy me absolutely. smile

Man what a grandiose movie this was. Top score for me. 666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-15 18:44:51)

The Curse Of Frankenstein

Waxworks

Just watched Sinister.  My friend told me to watch it, saying it scared his sister in the middle of the day.  But it really wasn't very scary.  Typical Hollywood horror.

Texas Chainsaw 3D

Saw it last night. After all of the negative reception, I wasn't expecting much, but thought I'd give it a go. Horror movies, especially early releases in the year, seem to always get hit hard by the critics.

Now this isn't a particularly good movie, but I actually liked it quite a bit. It ties nicely enough into the original, with the opening credits being quite cool - though the timeline is off.

Leatherface is interesting - they show him differently, but it isn't done badly. He's older, but still Leatherface. The kills are alright, but too heavy on the CGI at times. Some jump scares as well to keep the tension up. I'm not a fan of 3D, especially in horror, and it was essentially pointless in this, but whatever.

Now the cast... they were dreadful. The girl that we follow is a clumsy cow, and her chainsawable friends are useless. Easily the weakest part of the movie, but I got past it. There are some good supporting characters that make up for it. And damn do I hate it when they put in that yappy sounding modern music for road trip scenes (thankfully it's only brief).

It had a "The Devil's Rejects" thing going at the start, and the conclusion to the movie, whilst one of its strong points, has been before and came across as quite forced.

That's a lot of negative points I made, but I'm still gonna give it a positive score. It was fun, and there was a hilarious moment that night where that chick out of Lost (Ben's daughter) was getting undressed (by the way, no nudity in this movie) and a guy a bunch of rows ahead of me just yelled out "YES!!!". Had the whole place laughing.

6/10

Last edited by Chomper (2013-01-16 06:44:06)

My Slendy quest continues.  Watched about 150 more vids yesterday.

*sigh* Smiley.
Don't want to talk about it. Not giving it a rating because that would mean I gave a crap about the film...and I didn't.

Last edited by HypnoticDead89 (2013-01-16 11:46:55)

Here's an idea Hypno-

√Æ out of å

azathoth wrote:

Here's an idea Hypno-

√Æ out of å

Hmm...

Last edited by HypnoticDead89 (2013-01-16 12:20:37)

I give Smiley a 7.5/10

It gains .5 points for the make-up effects which are insanely cool.
Like the actors and storyline too.

But, if I follow azathoth's formula, it gives something around ¬ß€∞/µ∫‡π. lol

I could only get through about half of Smiley, and that is rare for me. The 4chan and "lulz" stuff was torture.

Though one good thing related to it was a short "review" I watched - showed a computer desktop with the video file for Smiley being dragged to the recycling bin with some nice music playing in the background, and that was it.

Punk is unto my plans. 
Monkeys: Execute Plan Jabberwockey!

^^To be honest, I blocked that crap out of my head after cleansing myself with a Scott Pilgrim vs The World double viewing. Only fragments of that hideous "film" remain.

My last horror movie night was The Worst Horror Movie Ever Made, (and I can't believe we finished the entire thing) Frayed and Bereavement. The opening scene of Frayed is pretty sweet the movie itself is pretty silly but I liked it a lot the ending was pretty fucked up.

Dracula's Curse 2006
Soooooo cheesy. OMG. It was awful.

HypnoticDead89 wrote:

^^To be honest, I blocked that crap out of my head after cleansing myself with a Scott Pilgrim vs The World double viewing. Only fragments of that hideous "film" remain.

Yeah, though I still have the occasional flashback tongue