Re: Last horror movie you watched?

If im right the same guy who directed The Hidden also did Alone In The Dark from 82 which I watched last night and loved. He also directed NOES 2, which is supposed to be pretty dire.

Sweeney Todd. Johnny Dep was..wow smile

^^^
So was Helena Bonham Carter.
Burton is a lucky guy. smile

They make a great team.

A Haunted House-

The main spoof is The film is a parody of the "found footage" genre, such as the Paranormal Activity franchise and some part of Devil inside.

This did have same feel as scary movie 2, It can be very rude  at times thought out the movie, however there was some really good Laugh out loud moment,

Nothing too funny to make you fall of the Chair, Some jokes do miss the mark, A little to far fetch  at times.

I do think the the Gost (That  is not a typo, Is part of a Joke in the movie) moving were good and hints to thing that happened in all 3 PA movies.

Some jokes go on way to long and get bit boring and fall flat but I didn't think was all that bad , I Found this better Paranormal Activity 4 lol

I have you beers and sit and watch and laugh now and again!

5 out of 10 .

I watched Hands of the Ripper (1971) which was really, really good. Turned out to be just what I was in the mood for and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

BASSI wrote:

A Haunted House

Appreciate hearing something about that, I wanted to check it out. I like cheesy parodies like Scary Movie - usually get a few laughs out of me.

Anyway, I watched...

Final Exam (1981)

I thought it was decent, but I felt like I was just watching a college movie, and not a horror. Kind of been in the mood for movies like this since I'm in university right now, and... errr... that's just about my reasoning.

The killer was really plain (and boring), but I think they were going for the whole "it could be anyone" kind of thing.

5/10

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, Part 2 (1996) - If it weren't for the profanity, violence and a bit of gore, this could be a Lifetime movie, sure felt like one.  Just weak.  2/5.

The Descent (2005) - Still love this one.  4/5.

Reincarnation (2007) - Boring and uneventful for the first 3/4, then it picks up for that last 10 minutes or so, unfortunately, I had lost interest by then.  2.5/5.

Berberian Sound Studio (2012) - Clearly, someone has spent some time in the sound studio working post production on films, because that is all this movie seemed to be about.  Perhaps I just didn't get it, it did hold my interest, but it hardly seems that one could classify this as a horror movie.  2/5.

Dead Before Dawn (2012) - Sure it was campy childish sillyness, but at least it was entertaining.  Just good old mindless fun.  3/5.

^^^
The Descent is part of my favorite list. Sp damn claustrophobic.
Haven't felt that way since I saw Das Boot...

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-21 16:45:40)

'A Haunted House' - yeah, yeah, yeah, I should have known better but even I (the most immature fully grown man in the world) found it peurile and horrible.

0/10

Bram Stoker's Dracula.
I enjoyed it.

MoonRaven wrote:

Bram Stoker's Dracula.
I enjoyed it.

I love this movie. Very beautiful film bar the stoned surfer trying to conjure up an English accent, but that doesn't ruin the movie for me. (braces for s***storm) I prefer this over the Lugosi version by a million miles. Same thing with Horror of Dracula. I liked '31 Dracula, but it didn't stay with me like Frankenstein, Invisible Man, or The Wolf Man. In a way, I felt empty when it ended like "really? that's it?". I kind of don't want to revisit the '31 Dracula again.

Happy Hell Night - a decent 90's slasher with a creepy killer but the kill scenes were rather weak. Just showed a bunch of aftermath gore instead of real time gore. 6/10

The Old Dark House (1932) - 7.5/10

Not a bad film at all. It could have gone past the humor and delivered pure terror, but it stuck with being a more light-hearted horror movie with a few pretty creepy scenes. That's OK, but it's nothing great. It's an enjoyable film nonetheless, and especially fitting to watch during a sleepy, stormy evening.

Rosewood Lane     it made zero sense to me

Silent Hill (2006) - Glad I reviseted this one, very well put together story of brooding hate and revenge with a supernatural twist. The setting was brilliant and made for the perfectly creepy atmosphere. One of my only complaints would be some bits of poorly written dialogue and a few poorly delivered lines on the acting side. Otber than that, wicked movie!

8/10

Last edited by ChainSaW80 (2013-01-21 22:41:55)

HypnoticDead89 wrote:
MoonRaven wrote:

Bram Stoker's Dracula.
I enjoyed it.

I love this movie. Very beautiful film bar the stoned surfer trying to conjure up an English accent, but that doesn't ruin the movie for me. (braces for s***storm) I prefer this over the Lugosi version by a million miles. Same thing with Horror of Dracula. I liked '31 Dracula, but it didn't stay with me like Frankenstein, Invisible Man, or The Wolf Man. In a way, I felt empty when it ended like "really? that's it?". I kind of don't want to revisit the '31 Dracula again.

Check out the spanish version of the '31 Dracula. It's a completely separate version using the same sets as the english one but filmed during the nights while the english one was filmed during the day. In my opinion it's better in almost every way, perhaps aside from Lugosi as Dracula himself.

^^Looks like I need to get that Universal Dracula set.

Famine (2011) - I know it was supposed to be campy and silly, but I still found it to be bad.  No where near as fun as Gutterballs.  2/5.

I just finished watching Werewolf of London. It's onne of, if not, the first werewolf movie. It predates The Wolf Man by 6 years. Though perhaps not quite as good as the Wolf Man, it is still a very satisfying film. The story is of a botanist who is bitten by a werewolf in Tibet while searching for a rare flower (which is also the antidote to lycanthropia). It's a pretty sad story that's not too dissimilar from the Wolf Man, but it also has some similarities to previous mad scientiest stories like Frankenstein and Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. The first transformation scene is especially great in this movie.

^^^ I always have liked that flick.  As you said it's not great by any stretch, but it's an important part of the history of werewolves on film.  I also really liked the pseudo-wolf look of Henry Hull, as oposed to the full-face make-up we'd get later with The Wolf Man.

watch today, bela lugosi meets a brooklyn gorilla.this film should be in the so bad it is good catagory.a couple of dean martin and jerry lewis impersonators meet lugosi in the jungle.lugosi turns lewis into a gorilla.it is so bad it is actually watchable.could be runner-up to plan 9 for worst movie ever.

Monsturd... Pretty fucking funny movie to see when you're smoking the green!

Death Valley (1982) - A very solid slasher entry. Simple plot and a few good kill scenes.

oldude zombie wrote:

watch today, bela lugosi meets a brooklyn gorilla.this film should be in the so bad it is good catagory.a couple of dean martin and jerry lewis impersonators meet lugosi in the jungle.lugosi turns lewis into a gorilla.it is so bad it is actually watchable.could be runner-up to plan 9 for worst movie ever.

That flick is a total riot.  I found it on VHS way back in the early 90s and couldn't stop laughing at how bad it was. lol

Poor Lugosi, man....