Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Killers Klowns is truely a fantastic classic. Clowns RULE!!! big_smile

Theli wrote:
HorrorQueen17 wrote:

Recently watched:

Horrors of the Black Museum (1959)

This is a really good movie, I think it caused some hysteria upon it's release, similar to Psycho. And what a name, it just promises awesomeness. Overlooked in recent years though.

Yeah you don't hear it spoken about too much, presumably because of its age. I enjoyed it though, it had a clever storyline and a neat little twist.

I love Orphan too. Great film, as Lon said nothing groundbreaking but really well done and creepy.

Watched House of 1,000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects with the guys on Skype. TDR is such a glorious horror film, in my top 10 for sure. I just love it. Lon and I were giving it some love on there big_smile

Also fell asleep during Bird with the Crystal Plumage, gonna have to watch the last half today. It was 8am, to be fair tongue

^^
You forgot Trick 'r Treat.  smile
And the word... what was it again?  big_smile

Ah, yes, the word.  It's on the tip of my tongue...

I think it was something like...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/Animated/BirdistheWord_zps0de7e018.gif

haha

Beyond the Black Rainbow.....All I can say is wow! One of the most original if not bizarre films I've ever seen! If I was stoned or tripping I bet this would have been fantastic otherwise not sure I'd want to experience it again but the amazing soundtrack and visuals had me hooked from start to finish! The end seemed a bit out of place but can't wait to see what this director has in store next! A strange, weird, trip.

6/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1ertVYn750

I love alien abduction movies and enjoying Keri Russel in The Americans (tv show) so had to go see Dark Skies. I have to say I really enjoyed it! A couple of good scares but more creepy then anything else. I know it's getting mixed reviews but it was a fun matinee! Worth a look!

7/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9592F2RpRPo

Almost forgot, I also saw Mimesis. A GREAT premise that just wasn't pulled off very good. What would you think if you woke up the next day and found yourself in the middle of your favorite horror movie? That's the set up. Anyway, the acting was mediocre and the payoff was pretty lame. A few good effects here and there but overall a let down for me but the trailer looks great.

Mimesis 4/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o0aWVMBk4I

Sinister

I watched Fritz Lang's M (1931) on Saturday. Good film. Overall a 8/10. Not pure horror as one of you guys said on another topic but definitely has elements - I mean its about a freakin child killer after all. Some of the shots and scenes I particularly liked e.g

of the balloon or the scenes where Lang shows us a meeting between the police and criminals on how to catch the child killer at the same by intercutting between them.

And tonight something completely different. Night of The Demons. Fun defo 80's movie with a Evil Dead vibe but this time with high school kids and a big creepy mansion instead of a cabin. 9/10.

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-02-25 08:06:15)

Cabin Fever
Not sure what to rate it tongue

"Low" would be my first guess. big_smile

You spelled "high" wrong, Lon. smile

Prometheus - great story, great visuals and a awesome ending 9/10

Excision - Original, bizzare and at times disturbing. A very solid horror film. 8/10

Just finished Jack's Back. Plot twists, plot twists everywhere. Seriously, very well made film. Acting, music/score, atmosphere, oh my god. Please release this on DVD here in the states, Scream Factory or any other DVD company. Enough with re-releasing movies already available and start releasing film that never made it past VHS or was never given a home video release. *sigh* Rant over, 9/10.

LoudLon wrote:

"Low" would be my first guess. big_smile

Yeah, something like that tongue
I forgot that I already had watched it hmm
And yet I kept going.

I had Alien marathon on the weekend smile  Favorite is still Aliens!

I liked cabin fever, but the second one was too crazy even for me to like.   I just finished watching The Host.  It was really good and it didn't just go for scares. It hit all kinds of emotions for me.  Laugh, cry, scream at the tv lol.  Plus you get to see Hershel for a few.  I give it a 10!

Last edited by riverash (2013-02-25 00:50:19)

Detention

HypnoticDead89 wrote:

Just finished Jack's Back. Plot twists, plot twists everywhere. Seriously, very well made film. Acting, music/score, atmosphere, oh my god. Please release this on DVD here in the states, Scream Factory or any other DVD company. Enough with re-releasing movies already available and start releasing film that never made it past VHS or was never given a home video release. *sigh* Rant over, 9/10.

Really cool movie. I agree, it needs a decent DVD release.

I liked Cabin Fever, it was pretty goofy, but it was meant to be. Better than all the slasher remakes that were coming out around the same time.

The Naked Prey (1966) - Not really a horror movie, but the idea of being hunted by a pissed off African tribe does not sound like alot of fun.  3/5.

The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia (2013) - Actually, much better than I was expecting.  It starts off kind of weak and I almost switched it off, but glad that I stuck with it.  3/5.

Demons 2 (1986) - I was pretty much bored by this one.  The one highlight was the soundtrack which had some great 80's tunes.  2.5/5.

Eyes of Crystal (2004) - A nice little lesser known Italian thriller.  3.5/5.

Qing Yan aka Nightmare (2012) - Very light on the horror aspect with a really slow build up, but this Chinese film does feature a good story.  2.5/5.

Suspiria_89 wrote:
HypnoticDead89 wrote:

Really cool movie. I agree, it needs a decent DVD release.

Paramount was the distributor when it was released on VHS. No way in hell this is getting a DVD/Bluray treatment unless they hand over the rights along with other films that are collecting dust.

case 39 pretty creepy

born4horror wrote:

case 39 pretty creepy

Agree, and I also find it underrated. It takes its time with the story and doesn't assault your senses every five minutes.