Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Dead Silence

Was really good. I love James Wan's style of filmmaking and this totally did not disappoint, it was thoroughly creepy with a great twist at the end. The cinematography and score were really well done too

Stitches...It was actually pretty good the kills were gory and funny.

HorrorQueen17 wrote:

Dead Silence

Was really good. I love James Wan's style of filmmaking and this totally did not disappoint, it was thoroughly creepy with a great twist at the end. The cinematography and score were really well done too

I agree. I thought was a very well made and entertaining horror film. It surprised me after most people told me it was terrible.

Last edited by Suspiria_89 (2013-02-25 21:31:16)

^^I love, love, love, love, LOVE Dead Silence!

The Night Flier (1997) - Haven't seen this in forever, very glad I watched it again. Not sure why, but this feels like such a complete horror film. It's very well done and actually has a pretty spooky vibe to it.

8/10

^^^ Love, love, love Miguel Ferrer in that flick.  I thought the actual vampire was disappointing, but felt Ferrer's fantastic and compelling performance made up for it.

LoudLon wrote:

^^^ Love, love, love Miguel Ferrer in that flick.  I thought the actual vampire was disappointing, but felt Ferrer's fantastic and compelling performance made up for it.

He was good...im also interested in Julie Entwisle, I read today that she won the role over Amanda Peet. But I looked her up on IMDb and she only had a small role in one other film. Seems odd because she was pretty good in this role I thought.

She ended up marrying the director of Night Flier.  I forget his name, but he actually got the Night Flier job after Stephen King saw a student film he made called Drag, then personally asked him to do the flick.

HypnoticDead89 wrote:

Count me in. I love puppets so that was PERFECT!!! big_smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-02-26 00:35:35)

Just finished watch Piranha (2010). I have to say it was pretty damn entertaining. Not much for a thinking man's horror, but it had some seriously awesome kills and a ton of T&A.

^^^
Yeah Kelly Brooke is woah so is Riley Steele.
AND there's Back To The Future's Doc, sir Christopher Lloyd in it too which is pretty damn cool if you ask me. smile
Have to add that I love Elizabeth Shue which kicked ass in it. smile

HypnoticDead89 wrote:

I was super impressed with it. Ended up watching it with my Mum & brother and we all liked it, which is unusual! Didn't see the end coming either.

I ended up watching:

The aforementioned Dead Silence
Campfire Tales
Splatter University
The Thing ('82)
Pieces

last night. Splatter U & Pieces are definites for the 'So bad it's good' list, The Thing was amazing, Campfire Tales one of the better anthology horror I've seen and we've already established that Dead Silence was great. So, all in all, a good horror movie day yesterday!

LoudLon wrote:

She ended up marrying the director of Night Flier.  I forget his name, but he actually got the Night Flier job after Stephen King saw a student film he made called Drag, then personally asked him to do the flick.

Thats interesting, he hasn't done much either acording to IMDb. Only has three credits to his name.

Killer Klowns From Outer Space 10/10

I have The Slumber Party Massacre waiting for me on Netflix.

HorrorQueen17 wrote:
HypnoticDead89 wrote:

I was super impressed with it. Ended up watching it with my Mum & brother and we all liked it, which is unusual! Didn't see the end coming either.

I ended up watching:

The aforementioned Dead Silence
Campfire Tales
Splatter University
The Thing ('82)
Pieces

last night. Splatter U & Pieces are definites for the 'So bad it's good' list, The Thing was amazing, Campfire Tales one of the better anthology horror I've seen and we've already established that Dead Silence was great. So, all in all, a good horror movie day yesterday!

I noticed last night on twitter, you were on a roll.
I still have The Devil's Rejects on pause.
Bf has a friend over so it would have been a perfect time to watch one or two, but I had to work again.

ChainSaW80 wrote:

The Night Flier (1997) - Haven't seen this in forever, very glad I watched it again. Not sure why, but this feels like such a complete horror film. It's very well done and actually has a pretty spooky vibe to it.

8/10

The Night Flier is my favourite Stephen King flick.

I just finished watching Dracula Has Risen From the Grave, which seems to be a sequel to Dracula: Prince of Darkness. Overall a good movie, it moves along a little slowly in the beginning, but has a creepy atmosphere. Not the best Dracula flick, but still quite enjoyable.

I just watched Citadel and Tower Block, both of which were very good. The Tower was better though, that was an excellent flick. Citadel lost me a bit when it veered off into sci-fi/creature territory.

Still, both good films!

Last edited by HorrorQueen17 (2013-02-26 22:56:12)

All Theli's fault I needed to rewatch these.

PIRANHA 3D

kXnPunk wrote:

Yeah Kelly Brooke is woah so is Riley Steele.
AND there's Back To The Future's Doc, sir Christopher Lloyd in it too which is pretty damn cool if you ask me. smile
Have to add that I love Elizabeth Shue which kicked ass in it. smile

PIRANHA 3DD
Even freaking funnier than the first.
Love the My bf had to cut his penis because a piranha came out of my vagina and also the gun legged dude I'm not afraid of some Punkass water. AND the cow fart bomb. lol
And man, the freaking Hoff. NOT to mention the way 2 ht Danielle Panabaker and Katrina Bowden, yummy.

Great pieces of Horror comedy.  And the bonuses on the 3DD DVD are freaking amazing, especially Busey's outakes.
10/10

OPEN SEASON
Very freaking nice Zombie one this is. And worth seeing just for Marissa Merrill's fantastic naked boobs. Gotta LOOOVE naked boobs. big_smile
9/10

SANTA SANGRE http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Sangre

Always freaking loved Jodorovski, a comic book writer and that movie as a director/writer was as good as the best comic stories he's done.  It's pretty insane which is why I love his stories so much. Great acting and beautiful cinematography. 666/10

^^^ Produced by Claudio Argento, brother of Dario. big_smile

Yeah, sweet. smile

Someone's Knocking At The Door (2009) - A strange film to be sure, but for a low budget idie, it is pretty well done, apart from some of the poor acting.  2.5/5.

Freddy Vs Jason (2003) - Actually liked it a little better on the second viewing.  Still a 2.5/5.

Village Of The Damned (1995) - Pretty tame by today's standards with all of the action happening off camera, still creepy though with those damn kids.  3/5.

Dead Birds (2004). Some of the imagery in this was pretty cool. 8/10

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-02-27 17:20:44)

House Of Bones. not  too bad. 6/10.