Re: Last horror movie you watched?

I may have a passing interest.

^^^
lol Passing...

HorrorQueen17 wrote:

Sweeney Todd [2007]

I watched this tonight with my Mum and it was brilliant. I absolutely loved everything about it, and the gothic depiction of London is possibly my favourite view of London in any movie. The characters were fantastic and the acting was absolutely first class.

Such a fun movie, I know I'm going to want to watch this one over and over and I can't believe it's taken me this long to see it! Excellent film

I HATE musicals!

I LOVE Sweeney Todd!

HorrorQueen17 wrote:

Sweeney Todd [2007]

I watched this tonight with my Mum and it was brilliant. I absolutely loved everything about it, and the gothic depiction of London is possibly my favourite view of London in any movie. The characters were fantastic and the acting was absolutely first class.

Such a fun movie, I know I'm going to want to watch this one over and over and I can't believe it's taken me this long to see it! Excellent film

I love Burton and I love Johnny Depp in Burton movies.
I had just watched it recently myself. Not sure why I waited long.

Another very cool saturday movie night on TV.

ALIEN VS PREDATOR REQUIEM

No fucking idea why critics slashed it down so much. Personally, I prefer this one to the first. MUCH, MUCH, MORE!!!

Two of my favorite extra-terrestrial entities fighting against each other. What's not to like??? lol

First time watching it. Enjoyed a lot. Wonder why the fuck I waited so long. Gotta get the DVD now...
9/10

After it's time for:

WHEN A STRANGER CALLS [remake]
First, I have to say that I've always been madly in love with Camilla Belle [along with many, many others, of course] and in this one her performance is fantastic.

This flick has got some excellent shots in which the lightning is drop dead gorgeous, as much as the actress is. Cool killer too.

Stupid cunt of a friend though. Was glad she was the first to perish in the house. Idiotic girl. I stood up, clapped and screamed when it happenned. lol
Very kick ass kids. Wise little suckers.

The scene in the bird's room in the water with the killer walking on top was so insense. And she had a wet T-Shirt. YAY!!! big_smile
666.666.666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-03-10 00:19:36)

I saw  Freddy VS Jason  again,  I still can't believe this movie is 10 Years already,

I thought this movie was a lot fun to watch!

re watched "Deadly Friend" ( 1986) still ok but boy does this have some gaping holes in the plot!and that stupid, stupid ending hurts  the film a hell of a lot. to his credit Wes Craven fought against that ending but lost out, they should have listened to him. Kirsty Swanson was/is a babe.

I thought I had mentioned this one...guess I forgot.
Frankenstein meets The Wolf Man (1943)

The Collector

Graveyard Shift - Loved the atmosphere and the set pieces as well as the creature effets. It's a little slow in some parts but overall a pretty cool horror movie. 7/10

Kill List

This movie was so awesome, one of the best I have seen in a while actually. And the twist, oh man that twist got me good.

Rating: 9/10

Finished watching The Descent this afternoon.

MoonRaven wrote:

I love Burton and I love Johnny Depp in Burton movies.
I had just watched it recently myself. Not sure why I waited long.

Wish I hadn't waited so long to see it either, I want to watch it again already! Man it was just so good, horror and musical really shouldn't work but this was like a beautiful warped mashup of the two. Delightful big_smile

Just watched American Gothic (1988). How utterly boring that was. No atmosphere or tension whatsoever in the whole thing. I was completely bored for nearly all of it

^^^
Tpp bad cause the title is utterly nice.

Turn out Flying Monkeys wasn't bad!  The concept and mythology was a tad silly, but it had nice FX.  Not much gore, mostly blood splattered walls.  Above average SyFy fare, but it's not making anyone's Top 100 list, lol
The non-evil capuchin was adorable as heck.

^^^^
Saw it today and liked it. Cute monkey. Do you have a coat and hat like his?

^^^
That hat and coat monkey thing is a trend nowadays, that monkey in Toronto's Ikea started it. lol

^^
Good call, I was going to say that.
But I'm branching out now-

http://thestar.blogs.com/.a/6a00d8341bf8f353ef017ee45d8860970d-800wi

^^^
Hahaha That dude is amazingly cool. big_smile

This PM I watched:

FRANKENSTEIN IN A WOMAN'S PRISON
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCw4OW-sUiE

What a damn load of fun that was. Kick assness like I love. EVERYTHING that way in this. Great one.
9/10

^^
I'd watch that like a bandit!

^^^
lol

Insidious 9/10
Disliked how it ended, very unnecessary. Wonderful and creepy.

Abe Lincoln: Vamp Hunter re-watch

Just watched [REC], and damn was it a good movie. One of the best zombie movies in the last few years and one of the best found footage films. The thing I like about this film, as well  as Diary of the Dead, is that in comparison to other FFF the camera is steady. It works too because in both films the ones filming it are actual film or TV crews. Some very creepy and unexpected scenes.

How is Quarantine in comparison? Very much the same or is their enough difference to warrant watching it too?

Last edited by Theli (2013-03-11 13:34:53)

^It is almost a shot for shot remake, with a few subtle differences in a couple of scenes.  But the biggest difference between the two is the source of the contagion or infection.  In REC it is supernatural or demonic in origin, while in Quarantine the infection is like super Rabies.  For my money, REC is far superior, but Quarantine is still one of the better Americanized remakes to have been done lately.  Plus there is the fact that it was done by the Dowdle brothers, the same guys that gave us The Pougkeepsie Tapes.  That alone makes it worthy of checking out.

Tower Block (2012) - The last remaining residents of the soon to be demolished Tower Block 31 find themselves at the mercy of a sniper intent on taking them all out.  Kind of silly and nonsensical, but it does have some good tense moments and is overall entertaining.  3/5.

Another Kind (2011) - Four friends set out on snowshoes to winter camp in the Catskill mountains.  But after encountering strange lights is the night sky, they begin to believe that someone or something is following them.  A decent little low budget indie.  Nothing overly special, but I thought it was creative, original and pretty well done.  3/5.

The Walking Dead - first half of season one followed by last night's episode of season three.